http://www.myturbodiesel.com/wiki/tp...h-vcds-mk6-vw/

There you go with respect to TPMS
VW2010 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th February 2014, 15:02   #1187
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chethan B G View Post
Congratulations!

MQB platform will mainly help manufacturer save money in terms of sharing parts between models, in the assembly line.

PQ35 is tried / tested and an improvised platform. It is not a technically inferior platform, just because a new one is being discussed. For us as users, MQB / PQ35 will not matter.

One important thing is, MQB platform can reduce spare part price - Only if manufacturer decides to pass it on to consumers, which only time can tell.

Therefore, enjoy your all perfect Jetta to the hilt!!

Planning to book Jetta highline automatic this week. What accessories do i need extra? Please advice so that i can try negotiating the list within the payment. Bit urgent, thanks!
Old 19th February 2014, 16:43   #1188
Senior - BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Jetta : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikesh View Post
Planning to book Jetta highline automatic this week. What accessories do i need extra? Please advice so that i can try negotiating the list within the payment. Bit urgent, thanks!
For AT HL, you do not need any thing other than 3D kagu floor mats and Mud flaps. It will cost you approximately 7+7 = 14K.

I would recommend you, not to change RCD 510. It is good enough in most respects and seamlessly integrates with all operations. You could think of GPS later if you require...

All the best!!
Old 19th February 2014, 17:37   #1189
BHPian

Quote:
For AT HL, you do not need any thing other than 3D kagu floor mats and Mud flaps. It will cost you approximately 7+7 = 14K.

I would recommend you, not to change RCD 510. It is good enough in most respects and seamlessly integrates with all operations. You could think of GPS later if you require...

All the best!!

Thanks.. We are more inclined towards booking a toffee brown colour this time rather than white. Any issues with maintaining brown?
Old 19th February 2014, 17:49   #1190
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks.. We are more inclined towards booking a toffee brown colour this time rather than white. Any issues with maintaining brown?
Generally, dark colors need more attention. Silver being the easiest to maintain.

Our Moderator Ajmat has Toffee brown Jetta.. You could go through his ownership thread...
Old 24th February 2014, 10:29   #1191
BHPian

Amidst the constant chorus of "Have I made it large yet"..plonked 2 million (thankfully INR) on a machine.Its a VW Jetta Diesel.The black beauty with piercing eyes...had touched me deep inside the day I saw her first...0-60 is exciting...60-100 is well, ahem...orgasmic!! and 100-160 is bliss, smooth, rock steady and yes..gets a smile on your face when you do all the bad boy stunts on the road...tried it on NICE road last evening and I wished I got this car before being married
Weekend was well spent unveiling and taking delivery in Mysore amidst a small fanfare and my loved ones. Will put some stunning pics soon, of the German madchen when I get to dirty my hands on my camera. And yes...the chorus was back as soon as a 5 series parked beside..Oh!! how much I love the complexities of human mind.
Picked it up from KPR cars Mysore with good feedback from Chethan. The dealer is really good.Besides the obvious, they are eager to do business and made us feel special in every transaction.
I owe my deal to TBHP member @BackInTheFold. He gave me courage throughout and infact clinched the deal himself. He has patiently answered all my silly rhetoric given the novice I am in the car technology. Most of all, he has been a soother and always provided me the calming effect whenever I had doubts on fooling around or getting fooled with my 2 million. Thanks @BackInTheFold.
Will write a detailed review and my experience with the buying soon. Thanks TBHP members for helping and providing feedback.

Last edited by Sanjubose : 24th February 2014 at 10:52. Reason: wrong spelling
Sanjubose is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 25th February 2014, 09:40   #1192
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanjubose View Post
Amidst the constant chorus of "Have I made it large yet"..plonked 2 million (thankfully INR) on a machine.Its a VW Jetta Diesel.The black beauty with piercing eyes...had touched me deep inside the day I saw her first...0-60 is exciting...60-100 is well, ahem...orgasmic!! and 100-160 is bliss, smooth, rock steady and yes..gets a smile on your face when you do all the bad boy stunts on the road...tried it on NICE road last evening and I wished I got this car before being married
Weekend was well spent unveiling and taking delivery in Mysore amidst a small fanfare and my loved ones. Will put some stunning pics soon, of the German madchen when I get to dirty my hands on my camera. And yes...the chorus was back as soon as a 5 series parked beside..Oh!! how much I love the complexities of human mind.
Picked it up from KPR cars Mysore with good feedback from Chethan. The dealer is really good.Besides the obvious, they are eager to do business and made us feel special in every transaction.
I owe my deal to TBHP member @BackInTheFold. He gave me courage throughout and infact clinched the deal himself. He has patiently answered all my silly rhetoric given the novice I am in the car technology. Most of all, he has been a soother and always provided me the calming effect whenever I had doubts on fooling around or getting fooled with my 2 million. Thanks @BackInTheFold.
Will write a detailed review and my experience with the buying soon. Thanks TBHP members for helping and providing feedback.

Congarts Sanju! Your narration is really inspiring and encouraging :-) i will get my automatic jetta by this weekend and have booked in white colour.

Has anyone installed the pair of smart tv units on your headrest? There are more than one models available in price range of 25 to 45k and i thi k its with headphones. They will support USB and DVD/CD.
nikesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th February 2014, 06:13   #1193
BHPian

Isn't it better to buy an ipad and this holder https://www.flipkart.com/amzer-93342...CDCWGWE4RC3EGH
Old 3rd March 2014, 09:22   #1194
BHPian

For the blue-collar worker, the driving force behind change was factory automation using programmable machine tools.

For the office worker, it's office automation using computer technology like ERP, Web and e-commerce.

For driving enthusiasts, the driving force is a super-efficient, powerful and performance oriented automatic gearbox - Jetta DSG automatic!

My Jetta finally arrives home :-)
nikesh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2014, 16:39   #1195
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
For the blue-collar worker, the driving force behind change was factory automation using programmable machine tools.

For the office worker, it's office automation using computer technology like ERP, Web and e-commerce.

For driving enthusiasts, the driving force is a super-efficient, powerful and performance oriented automatic gearbox - Jetta DSG automatic!

Congrats!!

Hope you share your experience asap..
Old 3rd March 2014, 18:35   #1196
BHPian

Quote:

Congrats Nikesh !!
Its raining Jetta's at this forum now. Good going and all the best!
Old 4th March 2014, 22:25   #1197
BHPian

Quote:

PQ35 is tried / tested and an improvised platform. It is not a technically inferior platform, just because a new one is being discussed. For us as users, MQB / PQ35 will not matter.

One important thing is, MQB platform can reduce spare part price - Only if manufacturer decides to pass it on to consumers, which only time can tell.

Therefore, enjoy your all perfect Jetta to the hilt!!
I would beg to differ as MQB will give benefits to end user. Here is a link from Volkswagen India. http://www.volkswagen.co.in/en/innovation/mqb.html
Old 6th March 2014, 07:00   #1198
BHPian

Quote:
Generally, dark colors need more attention. Silver being the easiest to maintain.

Our Moderator Ajmat has Toffee brown Jetta.. You could go through his ownership thread...
Wish I had not bought a deep pearl black. The car only looks good after a wash. Fifteen minutes on the road and you have a dust magnet.

IMO it is not a India specific colour.
Old 6th March 2014, 09:09   #1199
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raichoudhury View Post
Wish I had not bought a deep pearl black. The car only looks good after a wash. Fifteen minutes on the road and you have a dust magnet.

IMO it is not a India specific colour.

I had white vento for 3.5 years and was able to maintain in new like state until exchange. White looks always fresh even after years of rugged driving(without polish), so i again picked white and its looking quite hot if not beautiful like black :-) i have started adjusting myself to the jetta driving but few queries if experts can advice:
1: when do you put the DSG in 'S' mode? Please give a real day to day life example. I tried overtaking in D once but didn't find it lacking so i am sure sports mode has to be used specifically when needed. The question is when?
2: my jetta is just 100 kms old so please advice what average/max speeds should i be driving and until when? After how many kms can you exceed the speed barrier(if there is any?). I plan to do a highway run this weekend so want to abide by the new engine rules
3: nitrogen? What pressure gives best mileage with two people and a child onboard?
4: i haven't yet tried the ground clearance on nasty speed breakers but need advice based on your experiences? Apologies to compare but with my vento GC was 168 mm but still on nasty humps e.g mysore to bandipur road i had to go zero speed or, take a cross approach bending the car in either direction. What are the best practices with jetta as its 160 mm if i am right?
5: any other do's and dont's - please advice for a driver with aggressive driving style

Thanks for your help friends!
Old 6th March 2014, 11:04   #1200
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raichoudhury View Post
Two words buddy: Jopasu Duster. 2-3 minutes and your car is dust-free again. Believe me, it helps immensely when you own a black car! Doesn't beat a proper wash and wax but it's a good quick fix. Get yourself some detailing products too, if you're so inclined.

Quote:
I have started adjusting myself to the jetta driving but few queries if experts can advice:
1: when do you put the DSG in 'S' mode? Please give a real day to day life example. I tried overtaking in D once but didn't find it lacking so i am sure sports mode has to be used specifically when needed. The question is when?
The 'S' mode is best used for more spirited driving, when you don't want the gearbox to do all the thinking for you and upshifting on its own. To quote an example, use it when you need to pull off an overtaking maneuver. Use it liberally for the first 2000 kms though, give or take. You don't want push her too hard during the run-in period.

Quote:
2: my jetta is just 100 kms old so please advice what average/max speeds should i be driving and until when? After how many kms can you exceed the speed barrier(if there is any?). I plan to do a highway run this weekend so want to abide by the new engine rules
Read through this thread, it has all the info you need. You can really open it up after 2000kms, just to be safe. The Jetta is doing about 110-120 at 2000 rpm in 6th gear, so no worries there.

Do vary the rpm's, don't keep it steady and don't use cruise control on the highway to begin with. That defeats the whole purpose of varying engine rpm's to run in the car yourself. I know that most engines come run-in nowadays, but it never hurts to show your baby some love. Also, don't forget to idle the car before and after a drive in order to protect it. Read more here.

Quote:
4: i haven't yet tried the ground clearance on nasty speed breakers but need advice based on your experiences? Apologies to compare but with my vento GC was 168 mm but still on nasty humps e.g mysore to bandipur road i had to go zero speed or, take a cross approach bending the car in either direction. What are the best practices with jetta as its 160 mm if i am right?
I've managed to scrape the car's bottom slightly twice, both times on big (really big) speed breakers. I had a load of 5 people on board the first time and only three the second time. Ground Clearance is not an issue though, the suspension is stiffly sprung, just take the usual precautions (don't go all guns blazing on a rough road, be nice to the car when you see a pothole coming up, etc) and you'll be fine. Be very wary of major speedbreakers with a full load on board and some luggage.

Quote:
5: any other do's and dont's - please advice for a driver with aggressive driving style
I understand you want to let her rip, but try not to for the first 2000 kms. It's hard, I know. I was driving on an empty highway at 2 in the morning recently and gave in to temptation. I was up to 140 before I knew it, and pulled back instantly. So just go easy on her!

Also, get used to those paddle shifters, they're a boon for instant gear changes at will. To change back into fully automatic mode, just keep a paddle pressed for a few seconds and it'll switch back. It's a boon, since it's so ergonomically placed and so enjoyable to use.

Enjoy

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks