Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th November 2013, 09:34   #1081
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Jetta : Test Drive & Review

The 2.0 TDi is definately one of the most frugal engines out there in its range. I did a Mumbai-Igatpuri trip a couple of months back. While returning, a 120 km stretch of sedate driving delivered around 23.8 kmpl on the MT Jetta. Even with the 10% margin of error, the figures look pretty satisfactory.

Pics for reference : http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post3241404
lamboguy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th November 2013, 12:03   #1082
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red's View Post
The MID readings are not very accurate . I have seen figures varying with a lot of difference in my Laura . So it makes up an average of your driving style and weather conditions etc and projects an approximate image . An error of 10% can be included.
Yep, I know MID readings are not accurate. That's why I quoted MID readings for both cars. I have noticed an error of approximately +9% in the MID compared to tankful to tankful method.
Old 19th November 2013, 13:39   #1083
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahmed26 View Post
Took delivery of my white beast Jetta 2.0TDI highline AT yesterday.
Congratulations, ahmed26! The Xenons look awesome and especially on the white color they really stand out.

Can you please share the price break-up and discount details (if any)?

Wish you many happy miles on the German beauty.

Cheers!
Old 19th November 2013, 15:19   #1084
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by petrolveins
20 kmpl on an !!AT!! with 2.0L engine is awesome I think! Any one can pitch in with the Octavia figures in comparison with Jetta? This may tilt the balance towards Jetta when pegged against Octavia. I have recently read ACI review comparing these 2 and it voted for Octavia even after the update that Jetta got. Confused now.
I doubt ACI comparison tests these days . They simply rule the Jetta out even at the end as its poorly equipped when compared to the Octavia and just that Octavia is a better and a new car. They are diplomatic in their verdict and try to give an equal opinion. As far as i am concerned features such as the panoramic sunroof which is of no use in a country like India and are sources of various water leakage problems. The only two features that i miss out are tyre pressure monitoring system and auto dimming feature for the external mirrors two features worth having in a car.
Red's is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th November 2013, 15:55   #1085
BHPian

Quote:
Here are some pictures.There are various angles of the new xenon headlights.
Amazing, DRL and xenon looks superb on white.
Old 19th November 2013, 16:53   #1086
BHPian

Quote:
Here are some pictures.There are various angles of the new xenon headlights.
Congrats on the car. Do try to put up a detailed thread.
Old 19th November 2013, 18:17   #1087
BHPian

Quote:
I doubt ACI comparison tests these days . They simply rule the Jetta out even at the end as its poorly equipped when compared to the Octavia and just that Octavia is a better and a new car. They are diplomatic in their verdict and try to give an equal opinion. As far as i am concerned features such as the panoramic sunroof which is of no use in a country like India and are sources of various water leakage problems. The only two features that i miss out are tyre pressure monitoring system and auto dimming feature for the external mirrors two features worth having in a car.
Exactly what I thought about the sunroof. I also miss seat memory function but I am sure the multi link rear suspension will win votes for jetta.i also don't know how ACI got 16.8kmpl for jetta on highway.
Old 19th November 2013, 19:31   #1088
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
i also don't know how ACI got 16.8kmpl for jetta on highway.
You mean 16.8 kmpl is on the lower or upper side? Fuel efficiency can never be calculated on the lower levels as it highly depend on how much you press the pedal. A single shot of spirited sprint alone can take the number down the ladder.
Old 19th November 2013, 20:09   #1089
Team-BHP Support

Any news on the extended warranty for the Jetta? By now the initial owners should have already completed the standard two years.
It’s surprising that VW is offering this on selected models and not on the entire range.

Last edited by vb-saan : 19th November 2013 at 20:12.
Old 19th November 2013, 20:26   #1090
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
Any news on the extended warranty for the Jetta? By now the initial owners should have already completed the standard two years.
It's surprising that VW is offering this on selected models and not on the entire range.
First lot owner here. Warranty has run out already and the dealership has confirmed there is no extended warranty. In fact, some have started offering extended dealer warranties to encash on the situation.

VW is probably offering extended warranties (reluctantly?) on Polo and Vento since that segment of the market may be more sensitive to this factor than the Jetta and Passat one. VW definitely wouldn't want to miss out on those huge volumes!
lamboguy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th November 2013, 21:23   #1091
BHPian

Really want to upgrade to those xenon headlamps with led drls. Need to go into research mode. Will get back if I find something. Anybody else who is considering this can pitch in as well.
Old 20th November 2013, 00:44   #1092
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_skyliner View Post
Congratulations, ahmed26! The Xenons look awesome and especially on the white color they really stand out.

Can you please share the price break-up and discount details (if any)?

Wish you many happy miles on the German beauty.

Cheers!
Ex-showroom = 1978400
Handling = 10000
Road tax = 296760
Insurance + Drive Assure Elite = 88000

Quote:
Originally Posted by thoma View Post
You mean 16.8 kmpl is on the lower or upper side? Fuel efficiency can never be calculated on the lower levels as it highly depend on how much you press the pedal. A single shot of spirited sprint alone can take the number down the ladder.
No.I meant a not so silent-but not so spirited highway driving at around 80kmph will easily give you around 19.
ahmed26 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th November 2013, 14:50   #1093
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahmed26
Ex-showroom = 1978400 Handling = 10000 Road tax = 296760 Insurance + Drive Assure Elite = 88000 No.I meant a not so silent-but not so spirited highway driving at around 80kmph will easily give you around 19.
My goodness why is that handling fees so high ? . I mean like whats there to charge so much. does this charge include the freight charges for shipping the car and driving it to the showroom ?. I had been charged around 3k as handling charges for my Figo and i ended up paying only 500. This is a lot. I just hate these "HANDLING CHARGES".
Old 20th November 2013, 15:05   #1094
BHPian

Quote:

My goodness why is that handling fees so high ?
Handling charges are illegal, please find a link here http://articles.timesofindia.indiati...-strict-action
Old 20th November 2013, 16:07   #1095
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by B747 View Post

Handling charges are illegal, please find a link here http://articles.timesofindia.indiati...-strict-action
They are but most of the dealers hardly budge on them. They have made it kinda mandatory to pay them, this so called handling charges. I recently bought Figo and got handling charges off, as a part of deal I negotiated with them. However, for my brothers Linea, they didn't agreed and as a result, I had to pay them.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks