Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th July 2013, 20:36   #871
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Jetta : Test Drive & Review

Just took delivery of a reflex silver 2013 Jetta HL today. I can confirm that my car comes with factory fitted Bluetooth and adjustable centre armrest.
This I haven't checked, but according to the SA, the car loses two airbags on the HL variant.
Old 19th July 2013, 13:20   #872
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vjabraham View Post
Just took delivery of a reflex silver 2013 Jetta HL today. I can confirm that my car comes with factory fitted Bluetooth and adjustable centre armrest.
This I haven't checked, but according to the SA, the car loses two airbags on the HL variant.
Congratulations on your ride. Are these the only 3 changes -

1. Bluetooth
2. Adjustable arm rest (assume you are talking about the driver arm rest)
3. Reduced air bags - how many are there & which ones have been removed?

Happy Motoring
vkaul1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th July 2013, 15:38   #873
BHPian

Thanks vkaul1. I was talking about the driver armrest.

Can you tell me how to switch off the DRLs? I have not been able to find the option in the MFD.
Old 19th July 2013, 17:14   #874
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks vkaul1. I was talking about the driver armrest.

Can you tell me how to switch off the DRLs? I have not been able to find the option in the MFD.
Go to the convenience & lighting option in the MFD and uncheck day time running lights. That should disable the DRL.
Old 19th July 2013, 17:45   #875
Senior - BHPian

In chennai if you want to see if there are additional options that you can enable, let me know. I have the VCDS and can help scan your car.

I have enabled quite a few features for the car including tear wipe, fog lights for cornering etc etc.
Old 19th July 2013, 17:58   #876
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VW2010 View Post
In chennai if you want to see if there are additional options that you can enable, let me know. I have the VCDS and can help scan your car.

I have enabled quite a few features for the car including tear wipe, fog lights for cornering etc etc.
Are there any other features that can be enabled on the CL? Thanks.
Old 19th July 2013, 20:06   #877
Senior - BHPian

@Shivasuma,

we can definitely check.

- There is an indirect TPMS(Tyre pressure monitor system that one can enable). But this requires the cable to everytime reset.
- Play a lot with electricals meaning with lights.
- Enable lock/unlock alarm and move it into MDI for easy on/off access.
- Enable/disable alarms around seat belt and other warning lights. I have disable washer fluid
- Adjust brake effectiveness to standard or hard settings for better cornering etc*(Or thats what it says )
- You can also use the rain sensor to automatically close all windows if you park your car with windows open and it suddenly rains. Quite a showoff feature honestly.
- And others i cant remember.
VW2010 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th July 2013, 20:07   #878
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by shivasuma View Post
Go to the convenience & lighting option in the MFD and uncheck day time running lights. That should disable the DRL.
Even I think it should be under the convenience & lighting option but I don't seem to have the option to disable or enable the DRLs in my car. They are always on and even the manual mentions that you can't switch off the DRLs. But I have seen quite a few Jettas (Highlines) on the road where the DRLs seem to be switched off.
Old 20th July 2013, 19:58   #879
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
1000 km sounds too good to be true unless it was used within a factory or similar. Again, too few miles over that time does more harm than good
Ajmat,

So in your view buying a new Passat Trendline at 22.5L (VW is now giving a 3L discount on the car) on road ex-insurance would be preferable to buying a 11 month old Passat with 1500 on the odo and 1st service done at VW workshop with no issues for 17L ex insurance. (Comparing apples to apples without insurance).

Thanks
Old 21st July 2013, 09:32   #880
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by wysiwyg25 View Post

Ajmat,

So in your view buying a new Passat Trendline at 22.5L (VW is now giving a 3L discount on the car) on road ex-insurance would be preferable to buying a 11 month old Passat with 1500 on the odo and 1st service done at VW workshop with no issues for 17L ex insurance. (Comparing apples to apples without insurance).

Thanks
What kind of warranty do you get with the 11month old one?
Old 21st July 2013, 10:10   #881
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
What kind of warranty do you get with the 11month old one?
13 months still remaining on the Original factory warranty.
Old 21st July 2013, 10:32   #882
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wysiwyg25 View Post
Ajmat,

So in your view buying a new Passat Trendline at 22.5L (VW is now giving a 3L discount on the car) on road ex-insurance would be preferable to buying a 11 month old Passat with 1500 on the odo and 1st service done at VW workshop with no issues for 17L ex insurance.
Sorry to bring in more OT : I think buying the new one would be definitely better considering low mileage in a long time span as mentioned by ajmat earlier. Is the discount mentioned applicable to all the variants of Passat ?
Old 21st July 2013, 21:11   #883
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogibear007 View Post
Sorry to bring in more OT : I think buying the new one would be definitely better considering low mileage in a long time span as mentioned by ajmat earlier. Is the discount mentioned applicable to all the variants of Passat ?
Not sure about the other variants. I believe it is available on the Highline as well. This is from VW Santacruz in Mumbai. It is likely that all dealers would be on the same page as far as discounts are concerned.
wysiwyg25 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2013, 19:08   #884
BHPian

Some help please. I just completed the pre-registration inspection of my Jetta 2.0TDI CL. The machine looks in impeccable shape, has done 24km on the odo, 17 of which was because i insisted on them bringing it from the yard to the showroom. Did the complete check and it looked brilliant, however my concern is that on checking the VIN, i noticed that it is a Jan 2013 vehicle. The Dealer claims this is normal and nothing to worry about, he showed to me that the vehicle was despatched from the factory only 9 days back and reassures me that they are well stored and final assembly happens just before despatch even though the VIN is assigned at the time of import of components. Sounds like a tall tale to me but given the usual time taken to deliver, i am willing to give them the benefit of the doubt.
Should i go ahead and take this one or insist on a newer make? Might mean a much longer wait for me, i have asked them to hold the registration and asked for a day's time to make up my mind. They seem quite surprised that i am even concerned (probably did not expect me to decode the VIN in the first place!)
Old 23rd July 2013, 19:20   #885
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadTrippin View Post
Some help please. I just completed the pre-registration inspection of my Jetta 2.0TDI CL. The machine looks in impeccable shape, has done 24km on the odo, 17 of which was because i insisted on them bringing it from the yard to the showroom. Did the complete check and it looked brilliant, however my concern is that on checking the VIN, i noticed that it is a Jan 2013 vehicle. The Dealer claims this is normal and nothing to worry about, he showed to me that the vehicle was despatched from the factory only 9 days back and reassures me that they are well stored and final assembly happens just before despatch even though the VIN is assigned at the time of import of components. Sounds like a tall tale to me but given the usual time taken to deliver, i am willing to give them the benefit of the doubt.
I guess you should believe the dealer and go with the booking. The Jetta being a CKD, Jan 2013 mfg date looks quite ok.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks