Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th July 2020, 14:29   #3511
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Jetta : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sangam_mm93 View Post
Inevitably I asked them to repair a few things and replace with new ones accordingly. I'll update once I get my car.
A quick update guys.

The parts arrived on last Thursday but SA said the service centre was under sanitisation and would give my car on Monday(Day before yesterday)

On Monday he said some mechanics are in the sealed down zones and cannot fix my car. And now Bangalore has 1-week lockdown. I am not sure if they could fix during the lockdown or after that. Because I was not sure if the Govt would relax the lockdown after a week.

Don't know to blame COVID or VW.

Anyway, I would not have been in a hurry if I had not to pick up my mother-in-law from Koppa (Sringeri).

Now I have a necessity but I have no car and most of my friends' cars were busy.

Fortunately, a friend lent me his car right in the last minute.

My friend and I left Bangalore to Koppa on Monday night and reached Bangalore on next day by 8 PM.

While leaving we took Bangalore -> Arsikere(Via Hassan road) -> Tarikere -> Lakkavali -> NR Pura -> Koppa.

While returning we took Koppa -> NR Pura -> Lakkavali -> Tarikere -> Koranahalli(Lunch at cousin's place) -> Ajjampura -> Hiryur -> Tumkur -> Bangalore
A quick break on NR Pura highway.
Volkswagen Jetta : Test Drive & Review-2.jpg
Another bio break on the Tumkur Highway.
Volkswagen Jetta : Test Drive & Review-1.jpg
What a bliss is to drive any VAG on the highway. BTW, this is the 2019 Edition MT TDI.

Last edited by aah78 : 23rd August 2020 at 05:36. Reason: Spacing.
Old 25th July 2020, 15:33   #3512
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Immix View Post
This is exactly what I want. I don't have this feature and I am sure it can be turned on using VCDS. Couldn't find anything online though I didn't look hard. Will have to do some more online research for this.
I don't remember the exact place in the settings, but there is an option somewhere in the MID settings called "Parkpilot auto on" or something to that effect. It might be turned off in your car. You can try going into your settings and turn it on. I can't tell you the exact process flow because I am in quarantine and cannot reach my car for another 10 days. I was annoyed by the constant beeps in my car, so I turned it off.
codwapeace is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th August 2020, 10:39   #3513
BHPian

Hi Forum,

I have lost one of my Jetta keys, and have communicated with the VW workshop and with my insurer Royal Sundaram about the same.

Royal Sundaram is suggesting taking the car to one of their tie-up service center, and get the new key.

He said it would be cashless and a seamless experience for me, with a possibility of pick up and drop off as well.

Now I might be planning to sell my Jetta in 1-2 years, so I am wondering if it is OK to go with this service center, or I should visit the VW workshop as planned earlier.

Please guide.

Regards
Old 23rd August 2020, 00:52   #3514
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harryputtar View Post
I have lost one of my Jetta keys, and have communicated with the VW workshop and with my insurer Royal Sundaram about the same.
I would recommend getting your key from VW if your insurance is going to pay for it (or even if you are going to pay for it, if the price difference is not too much). I would not take an inferior product if there is no hurry to get it.
codwapeace is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th September 2020, 16:49   #3515
BHPian

I own a 2014 Jetta, and sourcing wipers for Jetta has been always a challenge. Service center charges upward of Rs3000/- per pair, which is of average quality, never lasted more than one monsoon.

Recently somewhere in the forum, I came across reference to Velocity Flexi Wiper, with multi adapters and decided to source them from https://blaupunktcar.in. The 24' and 19' pair costed Rs.1135, including shipping.

Received the same today. They are well built and perfect fit with B2 adapter. Here are some snapshots
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Jetta : Test Drive & Review-whatsapp-image-20200915-3.13.17-pm-3.jpeg  

Volkswagen Jetta : Test Drive & Review-whatsapp-image-20200915-3.13.17-pm-2.jpeg  

Volkswagen Jetta : Test Drive & Review-whatsapp-image-20200915-3.13.17-pm-1.jpeg  

Volkswagen Jetta : Test Drive & Review-whatsapp-image-20200915-3.13.17-pm.jpeg  

Last edited by manjubp : 15th September 2020 at 17:10.
manjubp is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th September 2020, 18:20   #3516
BHPian

I have 2012 year VW JETTA 2.0 TDI AT. Recently I have noticed that the car is giving jerks in Reverse or Drive mode when accelerator is not pressed. When accelerator is pressed then the jerks go away. Previously I remember that in drive more without any accelerator the car would pick up to a speed of 5-6 kmph but not any more.

Is this an issue with DSG ?
Old 16th September 2020, 12:02   #3517
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metallicar View Post
I have 2012 year VW JETTA 2.0 TDI AT. Recently I have noticed that the car is giving jerks in Reverse or Drive mode when accelerator is not pressed. When accelerator is pressed then the jerks go away. Previously I remember that in drive more without any accelerator the car would pick up to a speed of 5-6 kmph but not any more.

Is this an issue with DSG ?
While idling the rpm intermittently drops 100 rpm or so and the jerk comes in. Local garage guy says that flywheel is gone. I researched on net and it's mentioned thats it's usually related to IAC valve. Anyone has got any idea ? Flywheel costs a bomb.
Old 10th October 2020, 20:14   #3518
BHPian

My 2012 Jetta 2.0TDI HL AT, was showing parking system and ABS errors.
Two ABS sensors were replaced at Rs. 5000 a piece.
One parking buzzer had to be replaced. Cost was about Rs. 2000.

The old ABS sensors
Volkswagen Jetta : Test Drive & Review-abs1.jpg

The old parking system buzzer (like many parts of Jetta co-branded for VW and Audi)
Volkswagen Jetta : Test Drive & Review-buzzer1.jpg

Volkswagen Jetta : Test Drive & Review-buzzer3.jpg
Old 11th October 2020, 10:03   #3519
BHPian

Am considering selling my 2013 Comfortline TDI, have done about 78k km so far but considering VW are unable to bring back the Jetta to India, there really aren't many other alternatives to this fantastic sophisticated workhorse.
Old 11th October 2020, 14:58   #3520
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadTrippin View Post
Am considering selling my 2013 Comfortline TDI, have done about 78k km so far but considering VW are unable to bring back the Jetta to India, there really aren't many other alternatives to this fantastic sophisticated workhorse.

I was also thinking about selling my 2012 CL Jetta. It has done only 40k and is in very good condition. After looking for alternatives in the market, realized that there is none and decided to keep it for another 2 years atleast. My car is remapped and with new Michelin tyres is a hoot to drive. You can try the same if you are bored with your car. Good luck!!
Old 12th October 2020, 09:03   #3521
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivasuma View Post
I was also thinking about selling my 2012 CL Jetta. It has done only 40k and is in very good condition. After looking for alternatives in the market, realized that there is none and decided to keep it for another 2 years atleast. My car is remapped and with new Michelin tyres is a hoot to drive. You can try the same if you are bored with your car. Good luck!!
My 2013 Jetta as done 78K and is a dream to drive still. Facing minimal maintenance too (~20k once a year). Can you share your remap option, how much it upped the performance, was it "petes", how much ?
Old 12th October 2020, 10:35   #3522
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinesh Chengalp View Post
My 2013 Jetta as done 78K and is a dream to drive still. Facing minimal maintenance too (~20k once a year). Can you share your remap option, how much it upped the performance, was it "petes", how much ?

Yes, it was Petes remap and there was an offer in 2016 and got it done for 16K. The quoted power numbers are 190Bhp and 400nm. The car does feel very eager and the acceleration is pretty strong. The only negative is that the FE dropped by about 10% but I am not complaining!
shivasuma is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th October 2020, 14:05   #3523
Senior - BHPian

Dear BHPians,

Happy to announce that my dad's Jetta turned 9 today. It has been a very exciting and trouble-free ownership experience. Yes, there have been some hiccups, but those are something which have been faced by other owners too.

Why Volkswagen JETTA ?

In 2003, My Dad purchased Maruti Baleno which was a very rare car at that time. It was one of the few sedans available under 10 lakhs. One look and dad was hell bent on it. Few things which made this car standout were

1. Engine - It had a 1.6 NA Petrol Engine which was silky smooth and loved to rev. Performance was actually better due to light weight.

2. Ride Quality - A rare car budget car that offered exemplary ride. Potholes and expansion joints were not felt inside and suspension was very silent in operation.

3. AC - It simply had the best AC in any car at that time, even after owning many cars, my dad still praises AC of the Baleno. Only car that has come close to it is the Ford Ecosport which we had from 2013 to 2018.

Baleno was sold in 2008, had covered 39k kms.

Fast forward to 2011, he wanted something similar but of a higher segment.

We had decided on Skoda Laura until Volkswagen announced launch of new MK6 Jetta.

Volkswagen India launched the 6th Gen Jetta on August 14th 2011.

On September 14th, 2011 We booked Jetta, chose the Comfortline Diesel as the variant (There was no petrol option that time). Toffee Brown, Deep Black Pearl, Platinum Grey were the choice of colors. After 3 weeks, dealer called saying that the chosen colors cannot be had before November due to shortage of kits. Dealer offered Candy White, also this unit was from Germany, post October the kits would start arriving from Mexico. Dad decided to look at this. Car was physically inspected at stockyard and there were some surprises in store.

This car was a Comfortline Variant but had few additional features which were not mentioned in Official Brochure. They were, Chrome finish on front air dam and Cruise Control. All said and done, the payment was made after 2 days and the car was ready for delivery. Finally on 12th October 2011, car was bought home.

Just 10 days after purchase, the car stopped abruptly . Immediately called the Service Center and a Flat bed truck came and car was taken to Workshop. Post Diagnosis, A wiring harness inside the steering wheel column was the culprit and it was replaced free of cost.

Car was handed back to us within 2 days of the incident.

Till 2018, the car was running on original battery and one fine day, it gave up. Replaced the OEM battery with one from Exide.

Same year, the Roof Headliner sagged and it is same till today. Have decided to live with it.

In 2019, Low coolant warning popped up, checked the coolant reservoir and found it empty. Again called the Service Center and the RSA guys called me and the car was yet again taken back to workshop for 2nd time. Next day, car was checked thoroughly and this time it was the Water Pump that had corroded inside. It was replaced and 75k kms Service was done.

In between these hiccups, VW had this campaign of Diesel Software Update which was done free of cost to all Diesel affected cars. I was very strict about this and had decided not to get it done after reading the posts here. I knew Volkswagen will not offer Jetta anymore so i didn't want them to mess with our car. During 60k and 75k service, i had threatened the Service Department of unforgettable consequences if they messed with our car. During both service, i was there beside the car full day, yes that's how i was particular about our car.

Thankfully, the service guys were prompt and followed my orders and they made sure i wouldn't make it difficult for them to live their life.

Post these incidents, the car has been a great companion.

It is One Simply Outstanding piece of Engineering.

More than looks and features, its the Engine Refinement, Performance, Dynamics and the Comfort that the Jetta does exceptionally well. Anyone who has driven one will want one, anyone who has owned one doesn't want to sell one.

Original tires were Goodyear which were grippy but were on noisier side. At 33k kms, changed the tires to Michelin Primacy 3ST which are as good as new even today after being run for 60k kms.

Now for the surprising part, Believe it or not, the car is running on Original Clutch & Brake Pads

Let me see how long will these last.

Lastly, if we decide to sell this car, there aren't suitable replacements for it. Sure, there are very good options upwards of 60 lakhs, but i am not sure if dad will spend that much on car which happens to be consumable. Therefore, Have decided to keep it.

Cheers
CarguyNish is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th October 2020, 14:22   #3524
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarguyNish View Post
Dear BHPians,

Happy to announce that my dad's Jetta turned 9 today. It has been a very exciting and trouble-free ownership experience. Yes, there have been some hiccups, but those are something which have been faced by other owners too.

Cheers
Nice !! Congrats ! How many KM has it run ? My brake and clutch pads are also the original one at 78K. I changed to Michelins too at ~60k. Oh, and my headliner too sagged and I got it replaced for around 7K(aftermarket) and now its good as new !
The resale value sucks big time but nothing really matching up to the mechanicals at under 20L. So this chap is going to be lurking around the garage even if I get a new car...
Old 16th October 2020, 16:09   #3525
BHPian

That’s great. I’ve just had to change my clutch pads at 75k. That’s the only major change I’ve had to make apart from a 40k battery change and a radiator leak once at 55k. However the roof cloth is beginning to give and I’m told this is not unusual in our humid conditions. So will have to fix that. Official VW rate is 45k apparently!!

The biggest impediment to trying to upgrade for me is the complete lack of options. Took the TRoc for a test drive today. The cabin doesn’t feel anywhere near as plush and comfortable and spacious as my well used Jetta. And if the VW group continue with their plan of not bringing any diesel trains to India with the Octavia launch next year I’m completely stumped on what other choices exist.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks