Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th January 2020, 06:52   #3451
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Jetta : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarfraz1997 View Post
I'm not aware about Bangalore, but I got it done for about 3-4k in Hyderabad. The fit and finesse is pretty good.
So, was this a repair of existing head-liner or replacement with new head-liner? If it was a replacement, how was the quality compared to the original? Thanks in advance.
Old 24th January 2020, 09:07   #3452
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cogWheel View Post
So, was this a repair of existing head-liner or replacement with new head-liner? If it was a replacement, how was the quality compared to the original? Thanks in advance.
This was a repair of the existing headliner with a new cloth. The quality was pretty good. But you have to make sure you're going for the right color. The guy sounded very confident about what he was doing as well.
sarfraz1997 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th January 2020, 09:59   #3453
BHPian

Ah, not bad... my scans show a low signal strength too, so not sure it is a sensor fault (front left), but a cleaning didn't help either, so got to sort this in our friendly garage tomorrow afternoon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RajaTaurus View Post
Update: Front Right Sensor probe was changed today. ABS/ESC alarm light and the 50 Kmph speed limit were gone. Probe cost was around ₹4,500 and including labor total cost was ₹6,000 only. 😁. Actually I thought of changing both front sensors, but decided against it.
The speed limit is still a mystery for the service guys. My conclusion is, when the ABS alarm light is blinking and goes off after sometime, the sensor is partially damaged and hence speed limit doesn't kick in. When the probe is fully gone bonkers, the speed limit is deployed.!
Old 26th February 2020, 09:50   #3454
BHPian

Hi! I recently purchased a 2014 Jan, Jetta HL DSG which has the RCD 510 HU.

To my surprise it doesn't have a USB port which I was not aware of. My Dad's 2011 Vento had USB port.

Could anyone let me know what options I have to install USB option in the existing HU.
Old 29th February 2020, 10:01   #3455
BHPian

There will be a slot for plugging-in inside the dashboard. I think we get the iPod cable there from factory. You can get a similar USB cable on Amazon. Search for "AMI USB cable". Slightly expensive. This is the reason I upgraded to the RCD340.
sarfraz1997 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th February 2020, 12:13   #3456
Senior - BHPian

Anybody in Pune/Mbai got the Android Auto enabled in the MIB2 systems that comes in Jettas post 2016 models?
Old 1st March 2020, 19:32   #3457
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ555 View Post
since the car you mention is prefacelift and 2015, the price is decent if the car has clocked lesser miles, if not, around 8 is market range.

Parts will definitely be available.

Feel the drive in jetta, you won't even like Octavia. Forget japanese or Korean toys, they cant even come closer.
Definitely agree with the drive thing. It drives like a charm and is built like a tank. Which model do you own?
Old 5th March 2020, 08:48   #3458
BHPian

2014 MK6 TDI HL Steering noise

My 2014 Jetta TDI is making sort of noise when I steer at low speed at < 20kmph. It happens only at low speed. Any pointer what may be the issue. With radio on, one may not even notice, but with radio off you can notice.
Old 5th March 2020, 13:15   #3459
BHPian

Re: 2014 MK6 TDI HL Steering noise

Quote:
Originally Posted by manjubp View Post
My 2014 Jetta TDI is making sort of noise when I steer at low speed at < 20kmph. It happens only at low speed. Any pointer what may be the issue. With radio on, one may not even notice, but with radio off you can notice.
Could it be the tyres? Are they the OE ones and how many have you driven?
Old 5th March 2020, 13:24   #3460
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manjubp View Post
Is this a humming sort of a noise which comes from the front? It is the tranny oil which has gotten old if your car is a manual. Get it changed and the issue will be sorted.

If it is an AT and you have changed the oil according to the prescribed intervals, then it might be the steering rack or link rods.
Old 6th March 2020, 09:52   #3461
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirWind View Post
Could it be the tyres? Are they the OE ones and how many have you driven?
They are relatively new michelin OEM size tyres with around 14K Kms. So I would rule out the tyres, which I can clearly make out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishy76 View Post
Is this a humming sort of a noise which comes from the front? It is the tranny oil which has gotten old if your car is a manual. Get it changed and the issue will be sorted.

If it is an AT and you have changed the oil according to the prescribed intervals, then it might be the steering rack or link rods.
It is not humming noise. It is sort of mild "tock" and "taack" noise, 3-4 times when I turn to either to full right or left at slow speed. My son who standing outside couldn't even noitce on multiple times and I intentionally didn't specify what sort of noise is it. GEnerally he is very quick to notice any change in the car.

It is AT, HL 2.0 TDI with DSG. It is may not be from DSG GB. The car has run ~53K Kms, and Gear oil was changed at 4th year service in Oct'2019, post that I have driven around 6+K KMs.

Last edited by manjubp : 6th March 2020 at 09:55.
manjubp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th March 2020, 07:37   #3462
Senior - BHPian

I can relate to that tock-taack noise that I had in my Cedia. Try doing a slow speed turn keeping the brake pressed. If the sound doesn't come, the caliper pins are the culprits.
RajaTaurus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th March 2020, 18:55   #3463
BHPian

Hi BHPians!

I recently got a minor front suspension job done on my Jetta 1.4TSI Comfortline 2014 from my FNG. It was making a skweaking noise on going over bumps, which used to be prominent when driving after long time and then gradually reduce to zero as the suspension worked its way though more bumps. During the job, the sway bar links and rubber bushes were removed, lubricated and re-fitted as new ones were not available.

Whilst the skweaking noise is now reduced significantly, I hear 'tak-tak' noise on going over bad roads. It is amplified when jerks are short and sharp, like angled entry-exit ramps with serrations for better grip on underground mall parkings. Sometime sudden acceleration/de-acceleration also causes one short 'tak'.

I am experiencing exactly the same problem with my wife's Polo 1.2 Highline 2013 which underwent the same job for the same reason. However, the parts were replaced in this case as they were easily available.

The mechanic is trusted. However, he needs to be pointed in the right direction. I will be thankful for any suggestions from fellow BHPians as to what could be the problem and how to resolve it.

Last edited by acemanhiflier : 8th March 2020 at 19:03.
acemanhiflier is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th March 2020, 15:36   #3464
BHPian

Hi Forum,

Time has come for my Jettas 5th service, and I have some queries in this regard.

1. I just noticed my extended warranty expired in 2019, is it worth taking extended warranty again? How much does it cost now for a Highline DSG?

2. Also in this context is it OK to get the car services at a FNG, I am considering Velocity Motors Pune. Or going to VW workshop is my best bet?

3. I have been hearing a screeching sound at low speeds from my brakes, ever since monsoon set in, could the break pads have gone, how much would it cost to get this sorted?

4. I am also considering getting a complete germ clean done in my car, its been 5 years and almost 15 long drives later it can do with a thorough clean. Can you please recommend a good and reasonable cleaning service in Pune?

5. On a separate note, I seem to have misplaced my Jettas second key, and am thinking of talking to VW about it. My insurance has key protect, but it would be important to know, how much do the keys cost, will I get 2 new keys or just one, and how much would be the NCB loss if I claim it through my insurance. Please advise.

6. And finally, is there something I should be aware of when in the VW service center, I have read cases of unnecessary services, and unfair extra charges.

Thanks in advance for all your inputs.

Regards
harryputtar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th March 2020, 16:52   #3465
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by acemanhiflier View Post
Whilst the skweaking noise is now reduced significantly, I hear 'tak-tak' noise on going over bad roads. It is amplified when jerks are short and sharp, like angled entry-exit ramps with serrations for better grip on underground mall parkings. Sometime sudden acceleration/de-acceleration also causes one short 'tak'.
Check the stabilizer link. I had faced the same issue on my Creta. Replaced the link stabilizer and it was gone. When I replaced the bush, the squeaking noise was gone.
naveen.raju is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks