Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th January 2017, 22:40   #2791
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Jetta : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by graaja View Post
It will be as per car's warranty. Next time it fails, you will have to pay for the replacement.
What brand of battery does VW use - Exide? Is the problem only with this brand? If that's the case, why can't they change the vendor when a series of cars have this problem?
swiftnfurious is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th January 2017, 00:07   #2792
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
What brand of battery does VW use - Exide? Is the problem only with this brand? If that's the case, why can't they change the vendor when a series of cars have this problem?
The original battery was Verta, replacement is Exide Spain.
ethanhunt123 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th January 2017, 05:32   #2793
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
The original was Varta, and they changed to Exide Spain. Even I have the same question. When these batteries consistently fail within 2 years, why don't they switch to a reliable brand? Only VW knows!!!

I think at the moment, the best option for the Jetta owners would be to switch to a different battery like Indian Exide or Amaron, when the stock battery fails.
Old 13th January 2017, 16:58   #2794
BHPian

The price of a Varta battery from VW is 15k+, whereas the Amaron battery is 7k+; big difference and I have had fantastic experience with Amaron batteries.

In my 2002 Lancer, I changed the original Amaron battery in 2009 as my daughter had started driving and I did not want to take any chances. The second battery was changed late last year. Both batteries lasted 7 years each.
Old 7th February 2017, 13:23   #2795
Senior - BHPian

Guys, Has anyone got the brake pad wear indicator lit up? I normally see the service centre guys forcing the customers to change their brake pads even though the wear indicator isn't up, Offcourse the wear indicator would be set at such a level where we would have enough time to travel to the service centre and get it swapped, Its the same with my service experience with Mahindra, Even the XUV 500 has a brake pad wear indicator but never it actually came up and i had to swap the pads anyways since i did feel a little less braking power, Is it wise to change the pads on your own or blindily trusting the service centre or wait for the brake pad wear indicator to come up?
Old 11th February 2017, 16:33   #2796
BHPian

Has anyone fit a Bluetooth module o to their Jetta ? I have a 2010 Jetta with the old shape headlight. Ant idea where the Bluetooth module fits and what is required for the same ?
Old 16th February 2017, 18:34   #2797
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by graaja View Post
The original was Varta, and they changed to Exide Spain. Even I have the same question. When these batteries consistently fail within 2 years, why don't they switch to a reliable brand? Only VW knows!!!

I think at the moment, the best option for the Jetta owners would be to switch to a different battery like Indian Exide or Amaron, when the stock battery fails.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ethanhunt123 View Post
The original battery was Verta, replacement is Exide Spain.
My 6 month old jetta came factory fitted with Exide Spain. Last Saturday all of sudden battery went dead. Battery was replaced with another Exide Spain under warranty. Wonder how long this will last.

Has not been pleasant ownership so far. Glass rattles, squeaks, malfunctioning cruise control and now dead battery with in 6 months
Old 16th February 2017, 18:45   #2798
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmreddy78 View Post
My 6 month old jetta came factory fitted with Exide Spain. Last Saturday all of sudden battery went dead. Battery was replaced with another Exide Spain under warranty. Wonder how long this will last.
Surprisingly for me the stock battery is still going good, The car i about 2.5 Years old now and still there is no signs of battery going weak.

Quote:
Has not been pleasant ownership so far. Glass rattles, squeaks, malfunctioning cruise control and now dead battery with in 6 months
Damm, Was all the issues rectified properly? I have just had an Airbag Error which was because of some wiring issue and was promptly done under warranty but it took them like 2 weeks!
Tanveer_2558 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th February 2017, 15:16   #2799
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanveer_2558 View Post
Damm, Was all the issues rectified properly? I have just had an Airbag Error which was because of some wiring issue and was promptly done under warranty but it took them like 2 weeks!
Yes service centre folks been responsive. But i am disappointed that they are happening in the first place.
Old 17th February 2017, 15:49   #2800
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmreddy78 View Post
Yes service centre folks been responsive. But i am disappointed that they are happening in the first place.
Totally understandable, But niggles can be found in several cars these days and i don't see this reducing when you see how complex the automobiles are becoming these days, Such small issues should be over looked and the main fruit should be enjoyed! XUV 500 thought me this
Old 17th February 2017, 16:22   #2801
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanveer_2558 View Post
Surprisingly for me the stock battery is still going good, The car i about 2.5 Years old now and still there is no signs of battery going weak.
Same here.......my Sep 2014 model is still going strong on the first battery. This is in spite of the fact that the car sometimes is stationary for a few weeks at a time when I travel abroad on work trips.
anandpkumar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th February 2017, 18:18   #2802

Is it advisable to buy a new jetta now? As vw has discontinued the model and I am getting the existing stock from the dealer bit cheaper.
Old 19th February 2017, 19:23   #2803
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by moorthyms View Post
Is it advisable to buy a new jetta now? As vw has discontinued the model and I am getting the existing stock from the dealer bit cheaper.
If you plan to keep the car for a long time and resale value is not a concern, then definitely yes.

Once the Jetta is gone, the only performance car in this segment would be the Octavia. And Jetta with the multi link suspension has better ride and handling compared to Octavia, as far as the 2.0TDi is concerned. So if the Jetta comes with good discounts, it would definitely make sense to go for it.

Spare parts availability should not be a concern as the Jetta is a popular car that has sold in good numbers and VW would definitely have the spare part availability covered.
graaja is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th February 2017, 22:27   #2804
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by moorthyms View Post
Surely, You can't go wrong with the jetta, Its a perfect all rounder and with some good discounts it becomes a really good deal, If your going to keep the vehicle for a good amount of time and don't really care about the resale value, Jetta will be just perfect.
Old 20th February 2017, 10:53   #2805
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

Well, my May 2015 facelifted Jetta TDI Highline DSG has done around 42,000 kms so far and has developed the following niggles that need to be looked at when I give it for the 45K service:

1. The light in the boot works intermittently. No discernible pattern.
2. A small clip fell from (I am guessing) one of the front doors. I have the clip and need to see where it is supposed to be.
3. Front Left window squeaks on raising or lowering. Possibly related to the small clip that fell off?
4. Brakes squeal.
5. IRVM vibrates. Images in mirror therefore permanently out of focus
6. Front Left proximity sensor (parking sensor) may or may not be working. Need to have that checked.
7. Various rattles heard. That is a chronic issue that has been looked at by various service centres and no satisfactory resolution found.

I am driving to Bombay and back this weekend, and by the time I am back i shall be quite close to the service interval of 45K.

Cheers
tilt is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks