Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th April 2016, 08:51   #2476
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunsbhp View Post
AC Air Intake, for safer side, I have always kept in "inside" option - and I hope that's what Jetta is doing. Obviously, i haven't felt dust or foul smell so far in Bangalore.

After many attempts, I succeeded in paring my iPhone, which is wierd. Tried another iPhone, and had to try 3/4 times for the HU to even find the phone.

I also struggled to engage Cruise Controls in my last drive, in-spite of trying what I remembered from Manual. Could anyone suggest the sequence please ?

Neither have I felt foul smells. It's all good and I let the AC take care of itself.

For cruise control you initially have to switch it on. This is the button with the dial. When you switch it on, the km reading on the MFD is replaced by the cruise control reading.
Next you need to SET the speed. Accelerate to whatever speed you want to and click on SET. This starts the cruise control if I recall correctly. Now when you brake, or you shift gears, the car stops auto cruising. Then when you want to start again, you press the RES button.
CNL button is to cancelled whatever speed you've set.
Old 17th April 2016, 09:03   #2477
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharat4ever View Post
For cruise control you initially have to switch it on. This is the button with the dial. When you switch it on, the km reading on the MFD is replaced by the cruise control reading.
Next you need to SET the speed. Accelerate to whatever speed you want to and click on SET. This starts the cruise control if I recall correctly. Now when you brake, or you shift gears, the car stops auto cruising. Then when you want to start again, you press the RES button.

I have an exclamation mark next to the dial when I press the button with the dial. And set dosent work. I think my CC is not working. Tried it at least a dozen times.

And the icon dosent go away even if I press cancel. Need to switch off and on for it to go.
Any suggestions.
Old 17th April 2016, 13:00   #2478
Senior - BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Jetta : Test Drive & Review

Your stalk has probably failed. Need to replace the CC stack. Or may be just the switch.

If there is an exclamation mark it means some malfunction that could just be the stalk or a faulty steering wheel itself. And when it comes to VW, there are so many answers you can get from famous and worshiped forums dedicated to TDI.

Last edited by VW2010 : 17th April 2016 at 13:22.
Old 17th April 2016, 17:43   #2479
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by differential View Post
I have an exclamation mark next to the dial when I press the button with the dial. And set dosent work. I think my CC is not working. Tried it at least a dozen times.

And the icon dosent go away even if I press cancel. Need to switch off and on for it to go.
Any suggestions.
I have had this issue crop up occasionally. Turning the car off and on usually resolves the issue.

Hmm... I wonder if VW runs Windows under the hood LOL

Cheers
Old 17th April 2016, 21:42   #2480
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tilt View Post
I have had this issue crop up occasionally. Turning the car off and on usually resolves the issue.

Hmm... I wonder if VW runs Windows under the hood LOL

Cheers

My car is a week old and I have never used my CC. will talk to Vw people tomorrow. Hopefully nothing major.
Old 18th April 2016, 12:01   #2481
BHPian

Quote:
Yes, am familiar with this sequence - at least this how it is my Honda City also. But apparently it didn't get engaged last (couple of) time I tried.

Wrt BLUETOOTH volume issue: I tumbled upon a setting on MIB2 HU which could be adjusted to 'quite', 'medium' and 'loud' for Bluetooth connection, under Settings->Sound menu. It was in 'quite' and changing to 'medium' gives almost the same as standard Radio volume. A similar setup for AUX-IN connection also there.
Old 18th April 2016, 12:09   #2482
BHPian

Quote:
Yes, am familiar with this sequence - at least this how it is my Honda City also. But apparently it didn't get engaged last (couple of) time I tried.

Wrt BLUETOOTH volume issue: I tumbled upon a setting on MIB2 HU which could be adjusted to 'quite', 'medium' and 'loud' for Bluetooth connection, under Settings->Sound menu. It was in 'quite' and changing to 'medium' gives almost the same as standard Radio volume. A similar setup for AUX-IN connection also there.
Woah! I don't have that setting. What firmware level are you on?
Old 18th April 2016, 12:37   #2483
BHPian

Hello guys,

I purchased a pre-owned(Aug,2014 manufactured) white Jetta Highline DSG last October after almost booking a new XUV-5OO W10. The decision was highly influenced by TBhp official review and ownership reports, I haven't regretted the decision even once and a big thanks to all you guys (Rudra Sen, Aditya, GTO, Tanveer, fellow Ahmedabadi Bhpian Mission_PGPX, Carizma, iliketurtles and all the contributors). I will start to draft Initial ownership report once my work-overload turns into workload.

Also, I need an input from you guys.
I have noticed that whilst DRL is on during day time(Auto setting of Headlights) and I turn on indicator, the DRL of the same side turns off automatically until the indicator blinks. Once the indicator turns off, the DRL is on again.
If I switch on hazard lights, DRL of both the sides gets turned off.

Is this behavior deliberate by VW?

One thing I want to add: If headlamps are switched on, DRL doesn't get turned off when indicator or hazard lights are turned on.
Old 18th April 2016, 12:52   #2484
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhavik.1991 View Post
Hello guys,

I purchased a pre-owned(Aug,2014 manufactured) white Jetta Highline DSG last October after almost booking a new XUV-5OO W10. The decision was highly influenced by TBhp official review and ownership reports, I haven't regretted the decision even once and a big thanks to all you guys (Rudra Sen, Aditya, GTO, Tanveer, fellow Ahmedabadi Bhpian Mission_PGPX, Carizma, iliketurtles and all the contributors). I will start to draft Initial ownership report once my work-overload turns into workload.

Also, I need an input from you guys.
I have noticed that whilst DRL is on during day time(Auto setting of Headlights) and I turn on indicator, the DRL of the same side turns off automatically until the indicator blinks. Once the indicator turns off, the DRL is on again.
If I switch on hazard lights, DRL of both the sides gets turned off.

Is this behavior deliberate by VW?

One thing I want to add: If headlamps are switched on, DRL doesn't get turned off when indicator or hazard lights are turned on.
Hi bhavik,
congratulations and yes you took the perfect decision. It would be great if you can share the details of dealer and deal by PM.

"DRL switching off while turn indicator is on" is a safety feature in almost all cars having DRL. It is deliberate by VW. Reason is to improve the visibility of your turn indicator to oncoming vehicles. The bright LED DRL can distract and hence turned off.

Enjoy the jet and lets plan to meet sometime.
Old 18th April 2016, 16:05   #2485
BHPian

Quote:
I couldn't find the firmware from HU, but its an MIB2 version, from December 2015 production batch Do you also have the same HU model ? How can I check the firmware version (could you upgrade to latest firmware of these HUs) ?
Old 18th April 2016, 16:09   #2486
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mission_PGPX View Post
Hi bhavik,
congratulations and yes you took the perfect decision. It would be great if you can share the details of dealer and deal by PM.

"DRL switching off while turn indicator is on" is a safety feature in almost all cars having DRL. It is deliberate by VW. Reason is to improve the visibility of your turn indicator to oncoming vehicles. The bright LED DRL can distract and hence turned off.

Enjoy the jet and lets plan to meet sometime.
Thank you so much buddy. I really enjoy every mile I drive (or should I say fly ).

I would love to share the details of the detail butI am not able to PM you, may be because of membership level. If you PM me, I think I would be able to reply it.

And yes, let's plan to meet, really looking forward to it.
Old 18th April 2016, 19:10   #2487
BHPian

Quote:
Gotcha! Its 0245.
And Bluetooth option shows up (along with Aux) only when a device is connected. Else, it shows only Aux, under Setting->Sound menu. Looks like you could update firmware quite easily from a USB drive.
Old 19th April 2016, 09:51   #2488
BHPian

Quote:
Gotcha! Its 0245.
And Bluetooth option shows up (along with Aux) only when a device is connected. Else, it shows only Aux, under Setting->Sound menu. Looks like you could update firmware quite easily from a USB drive.
I'm on the same firmware as you.
And I think more than device connected, it comes up only when streaming music over Bluetooth? At least that's when I get it.
Simply when the device is connected, this option did not show up.

Also, did you find a way to switch through saved radio stations using the steering wheel? If I click on the previous / next buttons, it just tunes to the next available station on air. But I just want the ones which have already been preset.
Old 19th April 2016, 11:03   #2489
BHPian

Experts plz help!

205/55/ R16 in michelin P3ST is not readily available at the dealer and he can arrange for 9800 per tyre. Interestingly he suggests to go for michelin P3ST 205/60 R 16 92V, with 7600 per tyre. He says it will increase ground clearance by 5 mm, but no change in ride quality and silence. I am totally confused considering the price difference. he justifies that 205/60 R16 is a running tyre (goes with cruze, SX4, Octy and jetta) while the 205/55 R16 is specifically sourced for jetta, A4 and laura.

can experts point out pros and cons for shifting from 205/55 R16 to 205/60 R16?
Old 19th April 2016, 12:43   #2490
BHPian

Quote:
I'm on the same firmware as you.
And I think more than device connected, it comes up only when streaming music over Bluetooth? At least that's when I get it.
Simply when the device is connected, this option did not show up.
That's weird. For me, when iPhone was connected, it showed up.

Quote:
Also, did you find a way to switch through saved radio stations using the steering wheel? If I click on the previous / next buttons, it just tunes to the next available station on air. But I just want the ones which have already been preset.
Yes, for me the Prev/Next buttons on right-side-column skips thru the stored channels.
sunsbhp is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks