Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th April 2016, 11:11   #2431
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Jetta : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanveer_2558 View Post
Check the RCD 510 Manual which you would have got with the car, Or else if any chances to get the code that can be with the service centre, I had the same issue with the RCD 320 i had sold to a guy, I never found the code and he could never use half of its features, So eventually i had to take it back.

I got the code. One of the service center asked for an email. I sent them with RC copy, serial key etc but then they refused to give me the info saying security concerns and asked me to come in person. Other service center gave me the code just by a simple call.

I am facing a different issue now. The AC is not cooling properly. Its cooling is varying from coolest to no ac at all while I drive. Any clues ?
Old 5th April 2016, 11:56   #2432
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharat4ever View Post
Took delivery of the 2.0TDI Comfortline today. Was pleasantly surprised to see an MIB 2 system and I'm pretty sure the car has 8 speakers.

Can you post some pics of the system ?
Old 5th April 2016, 12:27   #2433
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mission_PGPX View Post
Let me be the first one to congratulate you on owning the tank. What was the final on-road price? and share your first drive experience. Wish you many many million happy miles!!
Final on road price was Rs. 19,80,000 ish.
The ride quality is amazing. Only quirk I have till date is the hill hold and how it makes you stall. Have to get used to it.

Also, does anyone know how to unlock voice commands and app connect?
Old 5th April 2016, 13:08   #2434
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metallicar View Post
I am facing a different issue now. The AC is not cooling properly. Its cooling is varying from coolest to no ac at all while I drive. Any clues ?
If the cooling is changing automatically then get it checked, Surely isn't normal.

Quote:
Only quirk I have till date is the hill hold and how it makes you stall. Have to get used to it.
There are 3 settings for hill hold which you can set via VCD's, 1st is Early, 2nd is Medium ( Which i think is the default one), 3rd setting is late, I tried all 3 of them and eventually kept it at the default value, Give it a shot you might like the 3rd setting.
Old 5th April 2016, 13:44   #2435
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I got the code. One of the service center asked for an email. I sent them with RC copy, serial key etc but then they refused to give me the info saying security concerns and asked me to come in person. Other service center gave me the code just by a simple call.

Quite possible that the filter is clogged if it is 9 months to 1 year after service. My Jetta is now pathetic. Same thing happened last year before I was to set off on a drive to Pune. VW cleaned the filter. This worked. Came back, got it serviced and drove to Kerala where it was fine
Old 5th April 2016, 14:11   #2436
BHPian

Quote:
It might also be an electro-mechanical valve that's fitted on the compressor. Our Jetta was also facing a similar problem. The cooling used to pick up only after I revved the car to a certain RPM.

Took it to the service centre and they immediately said it might be this valve and if not, the compressor. They replaced this valve and flushed the system. The AC is working fine now. There was another Jetta in the service station at that time with the same issue. Seems there are a lot of complaints with regards to this valve.
Freewheelin_KD is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th April 2016, 17:14   #2437
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The simplest explanation is rat bite on your o2 sensor. The sensor is right inside the front grill and visible and reachable via hand. Check if the wires are intact before it leads you to bigger compressor problems.
VW2010 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th April 2016, 19:39   #2438
BHPian

Quote:
Took delivery of the 2.0TDI Comfortline today. Was pleasantly surprised to see an MIB 2 system and I'm pretty sure the car has 8 speakers.
Congratulations !! I would suggest you put the transparent protective strips around the outer edges of the car and orvm , till you get used to the dimensions of the car
Old 6th April 2016, 21:57   #2439
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hubolt View Post
Congratulations !! I would suggest you put the transparent protective strips around the outer edges of the car and orvm , till you get used to the dimensions of the car
Thank you for the suggestion. However, I am used to the dimensions and the parking sensors are a boon in keeping the driver alert.
Old 7th April 2016, 21:29   #2440
BHPian

Have a couple queries.
How do I ensure kerb view works?
How do I ensure that the party trick where the brake light stays on when the indicator is switched on works?
Old 7th April 2016, 22:18   #2441
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Have a couple queries.
How do I ensure kerb view works?
How do I ensure that the party trick where the brake light stays on when the indicator is switched on works?
Apologize for the blunt reply here. This information is available all over the Web. Its a specific sequence of action when it comes to your second question which is also discussed in detail here.

For kerb view - I think you meant the mirror going down when you put your car to reverse. This is existing functionality.
Old 8th April 2016, 00:36   #2442
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VW2010 View Post
Apologize for the blunt reply here. This information is available all over the Web. Its a specific sequence of action when it comes to your second question which is also discussed in detail here.

For kerb view - I think you meant the mirror going down when you put your car to reverse. This is existing functionality.
Kerb View is definitely not a existing functionality in my 2015 Jetta CL.
Old 8th April 2016, 03:35   #2443
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VW2010 View Post

What is the term which I should search for on the web? I couldn't get any concrete results with any search term I used.

Also as per my brochure, kerb view is part of the 2015 CL. Is it not? When I engage reverse gear I expected the mirrors to turn slightly to face a bit down. But nothing happens. I remember that it happened when I did the PDI at the yard, but nothing now. Was wondering if I screwed up any setting.
There is a "Mirror down" setting on the MFD, which I have selected.
Old 8th April 2016, 06:23   #2444
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Also as per my brochure, kerb view is part of the 2015 CL. Is it not? When I engage reverse gear I expected the mirrors to turn slightly to face a bit down. But nothing happens. I remember that it happened when I did the PDI at the yard, but nothing now. Was wondering if I screwed up any setting.
There is a "Mirror down" setting on the MFD, which I have selected.
You need to set the position of the mirror for reverse gear. Follow this procedure.

1. While in neutral, set the mirror adjust knob to "L"
2. Adjust the left mirror for the desired position during normal drive
3. Engage reverse gear
4. Now adjust the left mirror to show the kerb

Once the above setting is done, when you engage forward gear and drive, when the car reaches 15kph, you can notice the mirror moving up to normal position. When you engage reverse gear, the mirror will move down showing the kerb.
graaja is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 8th April 2016, 06:59   #2445
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Kerb View is definitely not a existing functionality in my 2015 Jetta CL.
Thats a surprise. I definitely think this is a standard feature for all versions but i may be wrong. This was sold as part of convenience package earlier.

Try the method suggested by Graaja to eliminate.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks