Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th March 2016, 15:31   #2371
BHPian

Guys I got a call from the dealer today saying he's got a 2015 car which has been functioning as a display car at events and hotels etc. Has run 1700 km and my warranty will start from the day I take delivery.
Is it ok to even venture into this? I will do a PDI before I agree to this deal though. Anything specific to watch out for? I'm thinking battery. Anything else?
Old 5th March 2016, 17:05   #2372
mxh
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Jetta : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharat4ever View Post
Guys I got a call from the dealer today saying he's got a 2015 car which has been functioning as a display car at events and hotels etc. Has run 1700 km and my warranty will start from the day I take delivery.
Is it ok to even venture into this? I will do a PDI before I agree to this deal though. Anything specific to watch out for? I'm thinking battery. Anything else?
With 1700km on the clock pretty much anything could have gone down with that car. You should get pretty much everything checked by an expert. What sort of discounts are you getting to consider this car?
Old 5th March 2016, 17:34   #2373
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mxh View Post
With 1700km on the clock pretty much anything could have gone down with that car. You should get pretty much everything checked by an expert. What sort of discounts are you getting to consider this car?

The dealer called just to ask whether I'd be willing to entertain this train of thought. That's one brownie point for them for this.
He said he'd get back to me on Monday with the discounts worked out.

This will be for a lease with all maintenance covered. How much of a risk will this be?
Old 5th March 2016, 17:49   #2374
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Just tell them you might be interested and let them offer you the discounts, Push them for some more discount i am sure they will negotiate, Then before putting down the money on the table do a proper Test drive, Check out the car how much ever you can, And honestly if the discounts are good, Good for it, Since you would have warranty anyways so nothing to worry about.

But if the discount isnt very mouth watering, Ignore it.
Old 5th March 2016, 18:27   #2375
BHPian

Cool. Will update on Monday / Tuesday.
I'm worried about any structural damage which they may have fixed though.
Old 5th March 2016, 19:15   #2376
BHPian

Quote:
While display cars don't run 1700 kms they might have shifted it from showroom to showroom. I have a display car and it is perfect, take a huge discount, but don't be worried about it being a display car.
Old 5th March 2016, 20:49   #2377
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kartavya View Post
While display cars don't run 1700 kms they might have shifted it from showroom to showroom. I have a display car and it is perfect, take a huge discount, but don't be worried about it being a display car.

Good to hear. Let's wait for the discount quote.
Old 7th March 2016, 15:31   #2378
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ethanhunt123 View Post
You can contact the local VW service center - they should be able to give you the code.
Please check your user/service manual's.There might be a tag with the codes on it stapled or pasted.Thats how mine has it.
Old 9th March 2016, 12:54   #2379
BHPian

Quote:

An update on this.

1. Palace Cross is offering the Display vehicle for Rs. 15,70,000. It is a Diesel CL. I still haven't seen the car yet. I am going to TD it on Saturday. Have asked them for the VIN details.

2. Bangalore Motors is assuring me of prebudget prices if I book maximum by tomorrow. So this will be

Ex - Showroom - Rs. 17,54,870
Discount - Rs. 70000
Corporate Bonus - Rs. 10000
Exchange Bonus (this may not happen) - Rs. 20000

Mud flaps and Floor mats free.

3. I got the updated post-budget prices from Apple Auto. Diesel CL works out to Rs. 18,12,000. The same set of discounts as 2, apply. I have asked for a bigger discount. The sales manager is coming over in sometime to negotiate. (I hate negotiating)

So which looks like a better deal? And is it possible to go lower?

Last edited by bharat4ever : 9th March 2016 at 13:17.
Old 9th March 2016, 13:17   #2380
Senior - BHPian

I would have picked up the first one, if PDI went well. Car is any way going to depreciate. Reduced price will help the cause.

All the best!
Chethan B G is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th March 2016, 15:54   #2381
BHPian

Whitefield VW also offered me the pre-budget price with the usual discounts. Booked it!
bharat4ever is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th March 2016, 18:41   #2382
Team-BHP Support

My Jetta is due 2nd service and insurance renewal. I need inputs from fellow Jetta owners on below doubts.

Insurance:

At present, I have insurance with Bajaj Allianz with "Drive Assure Elite" option which includes zero depreciation and also covers wheels, alloys, wiring against rat bite etc. I earlier had a 50% NCB which is not gone due to a claim last year. When I visited Bajaj website to check premium, I only see an option "Drive Assure Economy" which has zero depreciation and engine shield. The premium is 50,799 with drive assure and 35117 without zero depreciation.

As the dealer offers Bajaj allianz insurance and last time I had a very smooth insurance claim, I thought I would continue with them.

Do the premium values look reasonable? How much did you pay for the 2nd year insurance renewal?

Service:

What are the things I need to be aware of during 2nd service? What are the parts that will need mandatory replacement, what parts and services should I be aware of not to opt for (like AC disinfection etc)

Thanks in advance for all the pointers.
Old 10th March 2016, 18:49   #2383
Senior - BHPian

@graaja

Shop for insurance. I used to think Bajaj allianz was easier to operate only to realize the same bumper to bumper was much cheaper in ICICI and they actually did cashless and coverage was also good.

I would definitely advice you to shop for insurance before finalizing on Bajaj. The difference can range between 10 - 15K which is a good savings and your probability of using the insurance in any given instance should be minimal even if we take the unlucky factor. Example, my 5th year insurance on Jetta with maximum coverage was around 17K. My 2nd year estimate from ICICI was around 33K including bumper to bumper when BA quoted 53K.

Irrespective of what one paid, i would definitely request you to shop simply because you will get better offer to even shift insurance.
VW2010 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th March 2016, 19:23   #2384
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by graaja View Post
My Jetta is due 2nd service and insurance renewal. I need inputs from fellow Jetta owners on below doubts.

Insurance:
Take online quotes from ICICI Lombard and TATA AIG and compare. I believe both will have cashless settlement with VW service centres. I have always gone with ICICI Lombard from second year onwards for all my cars. Even had cashless settlement for my Skoda once. Dealer's quotes are generally much higher as they include higher commission. Smooth claim process etc... is just sales talk. Ultimately you are buying a product from the Insurance company. Nowadays the claim process is quite streamlined and you really don't need dealer's help for anything.
Santoshbhat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th March 2016, 20:32   #2385
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by VW2010 View Post
Shop for insurance...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Santoshbhat View Post
Take online quotes from ICICI Lombard and TATA AIG and compare.
Thanks a lot for the suggestions VW2010 and Santoshbhat.

Per your advice, I got online quotes from ICICI and TATA AIG. Below are the quotes I received.

ICICI Lombard
IDV - 15.3L (No provision to change IDV)
Premium - 41402 without Zero Dep

TATA AIG
IDV - 13.1L
Premium - 30639 without Zero Dep

There was no option for Zero Dep in both the cases (though TATA AIG lists options like Pearl, Pearl Plus, Titanium etc with zero dep, engine shield etc). Could this be because I had a claim in the present policy year? Bajaj Allianz quoted 35K without Zero Dep which falls in between these two. However, Bajaj Allianz offers Zero Dep option with road side assistance.

So, if I want Zero Dep, is Bajaj Allianz the only option? Or is this because of limitation imposed in the online quote process? Should I have to talk directly to insurance company representatives to get better quote?

EDIT:
I tried getting quote from policybazaar.com. Surprisingly I am able to add zero depreciation and engine shield options here. With Zero Dep and Engine Shield options, following are the quotes I get for an IDV of 13.9L

TATA AIG - 39,669
Bajaj Allianz - 48,366 (this is still less than the online quote in Bajaj site)

I dont see ICICI option in policybazaar.

Now I am really confused. Should I talk to Bajaj allianz and ask them to match TATA AIG quote, or atleast bring down their premium?

Last edited by graaja : 10th March 2016 at 21:01.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks