Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st December 2016, 12:58   #691
BHPian

Re: Chevrolet Beat TCDI Diesel : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by PraNeel View Post
I think then the grade of oil might be a problem. In my experience till date Chevrolet dealers are not particular about oil and use engine oil meant for other cars. Chevrolet has a parternship with Total and they specifically manufacture oil for Beat Diesel with grade 5w-30 ACEA A3/B4. This is a semi synthetic oil.
Anyways I agree Chevrolet service experience is not great and the company is also not serious about it.
BTW what were the costs for engine rebuild and turbo replacement? Thanks
No, thanks to my good fortune, I didn't have to go for a engine rebuild. But one of my acquaintance spent 1L for the rebuild. The service people had given him an estimate for 45K but the poor soul ended up paying a lakh of moolah. BTW I never trust a rebuilt engine (strictly personal preference).

The fact about oil would be definitely true. As from my experience, the service from Deedi Motors was totally hopeless. The technicians are a total disaster. Its always 'trial & error' method for them. Instead of just replacing a pad I had my entire brake system replaced.

The resale value of Chevys are best left untold.

As I based in Abu Dhabi and the vehicle was used by my wife, I didn't want to take any chances with this substandard 'car'. You can never get peace of mind with a chevy in your garage.

Does Chevrolet India still have their FB page?
Old 26th December 2016, 14:40   #692
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharoncr_17 View Post

No, thanks to my good fortune, I didn't have to go for a engine rebuild. But one of my acquaintance spent 1L for the rebuild. The service people had given him an estimate for 45K but the poor soul ended up paying a lakh of moolah. BTW I never trust a rebuilt engine (strictly personal preference).

The fact about oil would be definitely true. As from my experience, the service from Deedi Motors was totally hopeless. The technicians are a total disaster. Its always 'trial & error' method for them. Instead of just replacing a pad I had my entire brake system replaced.

The resale value of Chevys are best left untold.
The service center experience leaves a lot to be desired. The main reason behind being the parent company which doesn't care at all. Their customer care also feels like a pathetic one.

Quote:
As I based in Abu Dhabi and the vehicle was used by my wife, I didn't want to take any chances with this substandard 'car'. You can never get peace of mind with a chevy in your garage.
In my experience till date, car has been reliable, however parts availability and service remains a problem.

Quote:
Does Chevrolet India still have their FB page?
Yes they have. Link
PraNeel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th December 2016, 10:54   #693
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PraNeel View Post
Very sorry to hear your experience. However I am not too sure on points 1 and 2. I also own a beat diesel from the first lot, which has run 43 k and is in good health. Did you follow the 1 min idle rule, as it helps keeping the turbo in good shape?
Same here. My Beat Diesel has just gone for its 60k service (May 2012 model). Runs like a dream. Did two Delhi-Manali-Delhi trips back to back this month. Getting 22kmpl while going up (Manali is 6000 feet) and over 24kmpl while coming down.

No turbo replacement till date. No drop in performance, clutch still running fine, no major mechanical issue reported till now.

As for the small motor, while we all knew about it while purchasing one right!
Old 30th December 2016, 12:52   #694
BHPian

Lucky for you guys. What I wrote was my experience. It being so I felt it best to sell it off while there is some demand in the used car market.

Now a lot of single owner beats with 50K kms are in the market in the 1.8 - 2.35 range (olx kerala).

Anyways good luck friends.

Last edited by sharoncr_17 : 30th December 2016 at 12:57.
Old 15th September 2018, 15:24   #695
BHPian

Looking to sell my Chev Beat LT Diesel Biege 2012 57000 kms. 4 tyres and battery replaced at 50000 kms. What price can i expect? Clean body, near zero dings. 100% service history available.
Old 2nd October 2018, 19:11   #696
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharatbits View Post
Looking to sell my Chev Beat LT Diesel Biege 2012 57000 kms. 4 tyres and battery replaced at 50000 kms. What price can i expect? Clean body, near zero dings. 100% service history available.
I sold my 2011 Beat Diesel (LT(O)) - 58000 kms, superbly maintained with 100% service history - but Black colour (some people are hesitant to buy), with the original tyres (with 10k kms left) - at 2.65L in Bangalore in November 2017.

I dont know how the market is now, but a lot of the initial uncertainty surrounding GM service is not better addressed. You should not have too many issues parting with your car at the right price, and eventual resale values will only be reducing as time passes.
Old 7th March 2020, 18:40   #697
Senior - BHPian

Hi All,

Asking this query for a friend who has a Beat diesel that has recently started giving out white smoke (he has since stopped driving his car). Since he is in Bengaluru, would like to know if any owner here has contacts of any reliable and honest mechanics familiar with working on Beat diesels who can diagnose the issue and fix it.

Thanks in advance
Old 10th July 2020, 21:04   #698
BHPian

Finally after using the Beat Diesel LS for 8 Years and 81,000 KM done I have sold it on 8th July 2020 for 1.6L, A lesson learnt never buy cars from companies which pack up and leave customers midway, A friend who has brought a Ford Figo at the same time is getting offers of 3.5L for it while I had to sell my Beat at 1.6L it was the worst resale value ever, I brought an Alto Lxi in 2007 and sold it in 2012 July after 75,000 KM for 1.75L,It took me a month to sell the Beat to an individual for 1.6L, Dealers were offering from 80,000 to 1.2L max.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JithinR View Post
Thanks in advance
It looks like a Turbo Charger Failure or its time for an Engine Rebore, My honest advise is to sell the car even though its a distress sale there is no point in investing more on it.

Last edited by aah78 : 11th July 2020 at 05:13. Reason: Posts merged. Quote trimmed.
arcotsrinivas is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th July 2020, 21:43   #699
BHPian

I sold my 2012 Diesel LT superbly maintained 88000kms run for 1.85Lakhs to OLX cash my car at Chennai during January 2020, the car was shod with tyres 80% life, recently serviced and a non accidental one too. Horrible resale value!!!! Even today my Maruti Zen 2004 is getting a asking price of 1 lakh, but am planning to keep it.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks