Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th July 2011, 09:39   #466
BHPian

Re: Ford Fiesta : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
Thanks Rock for the response. The silver shade looks quite awesome on the new Fiesta. It lends certain calm look to the otherwise aggressive looking car. I personally liked this shade in comparison with the now-popular blue

If possible, can you please detail the customization options? Is it only confined to the colour trims like blue / plum? And you mentioned blue option leather seat covers. Are these proper leather seats, or leatherette seat covers?
Hey thanks buddy !
Sorry I missed out on this post of yours yesterday... btw, have you also booked a Fiesta? I mean, since you are asking for customization options, that must be the case - so congrats to you as well !

Yes, now that we booked our cars, customization/ accessories is the logical next step. And since we are going to be early owners, aftermarket options in all likelihood won't be available so soon... so Ford accessories it is !

Here I'm attaching the customization page of the brochure for ready reference. Regarding seat covers, it is best to check the quality first hand before deciding. The sporty air dams look cool and further enhance the character of the already stylish front... I reckon these come as standard in the Thai model "S" variant... here is a pic of the same from Thai website.

And guys, what are your views about the other accessories mentioned?
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Fiesta : Test Drive & Review-fiesta0001.jpg  

Ford Fiesta : Test Drive & Review-thai2.jpg  

rock22 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th July 2011, 10:28   #467
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by optimist View Post
The sales guy had saved a brochure for me. So i gave him a cheque for 50K subject to confirmation after pricing is released and test drive. Hope i don't end up with jealous feelings from those who see me in the car.
Congratulations. Looking forward for your ownership report. Did you book the diesel or petrol one? And was it the Titanium one or the Titanium+?
Old 12th July 2011, 10:34   #468
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkumar007 View Post
Is there a Red color shade available? The brochure doesn't shows one.
Sorry for the late reply JK. Red is not available on the Fiesta if we go by the brochure. Don't know if it would be available later. Squeeze is the same green that Figo sports. It would look very bad!
Old 12th July 2011, 10:48   #469
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by rock22 View Post
btw, have you also booked a Fiesta? I mean, since you are asking for customization options, that must be the case - so congrats to you as well !
No I have not. Being a current customer of Ford, I am very interested in the new developments in its space, and this is one strong contender to replace my current drive

Quote:
Here I'm attaching the customization page of the brochure for ready reference. Regarding seat covers, it is best to check the quality first hand before deciding. The sporty air dams look cool and further enhance the character of the already stylish front... I reckon these come as standard in the Thai model "S" variant... here is a pic of the same from Thai website.

And guys, what are your views about the other accessories mentioned?
Thanks for the customization sheet. The Plum red interiors looks quite youthful, but personally I don’t recommend leather vinyl seat covers. And I am not sure if it will go well with your silver exteriors. And also the sporty air drums look a bit of an overstyling. That said, if I am the buyer, I will definitely go for the arm rest, door scuff plates and sporty pedals. And if you have a baby/toddler, please get a baby seat as well
Old 12th July 2011, 11:07   #470
BHPian

With so many posts speaking positively of the NFS, I am really, really happy.

I was looking forward to the Titanium+ version in diesel, which seems to be delayed. Let me talk to the dealer and find out when it shows up.

The customisation package looks drool-worthy.

The squeeze and blue colours look "garish" IMO. FMC could have added a few dignified colours for old folks like me.

Only the Lancer & Cedia can carry off the yellow colours with style.

Good to see some more T-BHPians booking the NFS. I was beginning to feel foolish for handing over the booking advance in April itself.
Old 12th July 2011, 11:35   #471
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugeeta View Post
With so many posts speaking positively of the NFS, I am really, really happy.

I was looking forward to the Titanium+ version in diesel, which seems to be delayed. Let me talk to the dealer and find out when it shows up.

The customisation package looks drool-worthy.
Yaa...you should feel happy. I pretty much liked the new Fiesta. However, I would like to suggest you to stay away from Titanium+ variant. No way it is worth spending some extra bucks just for 2 features. Think about it dude.

The customization package is really very good. But, the price might matter. Lets hope for the best.
Old 12th July 2011, 13:22   #472
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Rock on booking the great looker!! The new kid from the blue oval should live up to the expectation in terms of driving experience and handling. Waiting to hear the owner ship experience. When would you get the new baby. Also post your TD when ever it happens...(maybe in your own one)

Quote:
Thank you so much !
And yes, I decided without a TD Actually for me its gonna be a family car as well as my personal sports car ! With Verna there was this rear seat problem and nobody in family would agree for that, driving it was good though. But with Fiesta there is no such issue, and thankfully everyone (including my parents) liked the looks of the car. For the performance, I have relied on the various reviews, a friend's first hand experience and the Fiesta legacy and I desperately wish that I'll not go wrong with this !

And of course, I also look forward to my ownership review
Thanks once again !

P.S. The dealer has promised to give a TD if the TD vehicle arrives before my car !!!
Old 12th July 2011, 13:33   #473
BHPian

Here are the pdf's of the brochure of the pages which matter.

New Fiesta Brochure Page 6.pdf
New Fiesta Brochure Page 7.pdf

If anyone wants the full brochure please find it at the link below. It's a 10MB+ scanned pdf.

https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&p...jMTY5&hl=en_US
optimist is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th July 2011, 13:41   #474
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute View Post
However, I would like to suggest you to stay away from Titanium+ variant. No way it is worth spending some extra bucks just for 2 features.
I am not in the market to buy the Fiesta, but I do have some opinion to mention on the Titanium+ version.

I have been seeing lot of people being vary on the Titanium+ variant, which I fail to understand. For following reasons:
a. Already, there are lots of car manufacturer offering just ABS and Airbags additonal to the next version(even Ford is one of them). So going by your theory count of two is not sufficient. Dont think thats a right approach.
b. Additionally, according to me, the Cruise Control (i guess) is a segment first and does quality to be a seperate variant, just like ABS and Airbag etc.
c. I would agree if they have named is "Premium" variant or something like that. They have just named is Titanium+, dont think it qualifies to be a seperate variant in itself.
Old 12th July 2011, 13:55   #475
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
If anyone wants the full brochure please find it at the link below. It's a 10MB+ scanned pdf.

Thanks Optimist for sharing the link, I have downloaded the complete brochure.

I think the new Fiesta is a very well rounded car, the only hitch remains the price now. I have a query to all the technical experts on this forum. The 1.5 L TDCi is having SOHC (Single OverHead Cam shaft - hope I expanded it correctly) with 8 valves, 2 per cylinder, whereas all the new common rail diesels coming in the market are DOHC (Double cam shaft) with 16 valves. Obviously the DOHC with 16 valves would be superior. I want to know from technical experts, how does it matter to the on road performance, FE, driveability, NVH levels etc
AutoIndian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th July 2011, 14:11   #476
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poitive View Post

To be delivered cars getting used as 'informal' TD vehicles is well known. Now given the demand this TD may have, you should try and ensure your car doesn't get used as one. Try to take the chassis no. from the dealer once your car starts from the factory and keep a check on it for delivery to the local showroom. Take the delivery as soon as you can.

With ford's legacy, you may love this baby on hill roads. All the best and keep safe mate.
Hey thanks friend! Thats some useful info and I'll try to be careful about that. Btw, the Delhi-Haridwar highway is blocked during the yearly "Kanwar" mela... so this year from 20th to 28th July there can't be any heavy traffic movement to Haridwar/Dehradun. So no Fiesta till then...

And of course, its the Ford legacy which made me to go for it without even a TD
Old 12th July 2011, 14:22   #477
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bala80 View Post
We ended up booking the Diesel Trend variant with a booking amount of 50,000 Rs.
Quote:
The sales guy had saved a brochure for me. So i gave him a cheque for 50K subject to confirmation after pricing is released and test drive. Hope i don't end up with jealous feelings from those who see me in the car.
@ Bala & Optimist - Hey guys, Congrats on booking the New Ford Fiesta !!! Really happy to see more and more BHPians going for it

Quote:
Rock, you booked the petrol variant?
Probably I'm the only one here to have booked the petrol version
Old 12th July 2011, 14:39   #478
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bh.P View Post
Noticed the Hatch is priced higher than Sedan! Any idea why? In India that is a big No! It would just kill the car even if the car is good and as spacious as a sedan inside (Jazz).
This was discussed many a times even before the car launched. The hatch is expensive because it has more metal sheet area due to the extra roof length. And Ford played safe by not launching the hatch and Indian market is price sensitive.
Old 12th July 2011, 17:13   #479
BHPian

Quote:
Here are the pdf's of the brochure of the pages which matter.

Attachment 576051
Attachment 576052

Thanks for sharing the brochure buddy. Went through the complete document and each of the features.

I am really surprised by the way Ford has packaged the cars even on the lower versions (Style/Trend). There are LOT of features even on the lower versions and am sure they wont feel left out.

It would be interesting to see how Ford prices the Titanium and Titanium+ versions. With only 2 features difference, price plays a critical role for the potential customers.

Come on Ford, you have a great potential winner at your hands. Price it right and you'll set Verna/ Vento/ ANHC/ Linea on fire.
Old 12th July 2011, 17:19   #480
Senior - BHPian

Many congratulations to everyone who has booked the NFS. Hope deliveries begin soon and with that, your ownership reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by pamishra View Post
Very strange - just for 2 features, they created a new variant.
Quote:
Exactly my thoughts! Does not make any business sense. Assume there will be something more than the said features in the + variant.
Quick comparo between a Honda Civic V-MT and S-MT. The only difference between the two is leather interior, parking sensors and some ambient / reading light stuff. These features, IMO are not substantial enough to warrant a separate variant, but here we are.

Honda Car India :: Civic

For me, cruise control (technology, cannot be fit aftermarket) trumps leather interiors (stanley anyone??) any day of the week and twice on Sundays. There is no rule / logic which says a difference of 2 features cannot warrant a new variant. If its substantial enough, why not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xingamazon View Post
They have just named is Titanium+, dont think it qualifies to be a seperate variant in itself.
Nothing wrong with the name of the variant. Take the example of Fiat - emotion, emotion pack // T Jet, T Jet+

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks