Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd August 2013, 07:40   #1696
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Ford Fiesta : Test Drive & Review

Ford Fiesta facelift coming in 2014.

Ford Fiesta : Test Drive & Review-0_468_700_http___i_haymarket_net_au_extraimages_20130822114750_fiestanew1.jpg

The car will get significant styling updates like an aggressive Aston Martin-like front grille with chrome slats that follows the new family look, a re-profiled front bumper and fog lamps, revamped headlamps and a new bonnet design. The rear will also be revised with new tail-lights that are a touch larger than before.

Ford will have more local content in the new Fiesta, which should help it price the car competitively, but the struggling Rupee could make it difficult for Ford to meet that price point.

http://www.autocarindia.com/News/354...g-in-2014.aspx
volkman10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th August 2013, 11:35   #1697
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by djay99 View Post
This is for 2012 VIN models and not 2013. They said we can choose any colour and dealer should be able to source it from factory.
The scenario in Delhi is that dealers are offering the Ford Fiesta Diesel Titanium at slightly over 10 lacs but in the colors they already have in stock. Ridhi Ford (Mohan Co-Operative) has a white one in stock, Delhi Ford (Safdarjung Enclave) has one in silver. The on-road price with extended warranty is 10.13 lacs. Good price for a good car.

However, not test-driven it yet since no one seems to have a test drive car. Hopefully will be able to get my hands on one today.
Old 26th August 2013, 10:02   #1698
Distinguished - BHPian

2014 Ford Fiesta Facelift Launching Early 2014; Striking Tag of Rs 6.99 Lakh Expected (but depends on the dollar-Rupee scenario) - ACI reports

Cheers!
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2013, 00:45   #1699
BHPian

According to the specifications on Ford India site, Fiesta's ground clearance is 156mm. Isn't that too low? That's lower than Verna (on paper) that is known to have GC issues.
Old 2nd September 2013, 21:57   #1700
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaizanfan View Post
According to the specifications on Ford India site, Fiesta's ground clearance is 156mm. Isn't that too low? That's lower than Verna (on paper) that is known to have GC issues.
"GC issues" are not exclusively dependant on the GC. It also depends on how softly sprung the car is. For instance, the Linea TJet's GC is lower than the Civic's but bottoms out far less frequently than the Civic. Similarly, I believe, the Fiesta is not as softly sprung as the Verna and therefore shouldn't bottom out as often.
Old 10th September 2013, 22:20   #1701
BHPian

Could you please share me the details of the MPL Ford Contacts & Email ID's. Mr. Karthik & Mr. Micheal??

I've issue in my booking.
Old 18th September 2013, 09:48   #1702
BHPian

Ford Fiesta available at an interest rate of 1.99% for 60 months.

The offer is available only on 2012 models and select variants. Loan Amount Rs. 8,00,000/- Tenure 60 months and Rate of Interest 1.99% + Free Insurance

Sounds like a mouth watering deal.

Saw this ad in today's times of India:

Ford Fiesta : Test Drive & Review-fiesta.jpg
Old 18th September 2013, 13:24   #1703
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahulsharma2008 View Post
Ford Fiesta available at an interest rate of 1.99% for 60 months.
Ford was offering a cash discount of 1.12L on 2012 manufactured Fiesta.
Now they have removed it and bought this 1.99% scheme.
Thats a saving of aprox 1.9L compared to a loan from SBI (10.45% interest rate) but no dealer in bangalore is interested to sell Fiesta as they are very much satisfied with sales of Ecosport.
Old 20th September 2013, 09:57   #1704
BHPian

I spoke to the Metro Ford guys in Bangalore yesterday. He said there are 2 options

1. Road tax will be waived off. He said around 1.9L for Titanium Plus
(or)
2. Lower interest rate. He did not have more details as the finance team had left office.

He said he will call me today. Knowing how dealers are I am not counting too much on the call. Will go and check today and later update

P.S. All these are 2012 models.
Old 20th September 2013, 11:13   #1705
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prabhuferrari View Post
I spoke to the Metro Ford guys in Bangalore yesterday. He said there are 2 options

(or)
2. Lower interest rate. He did not have more details as the finance team had left office.

He said he will call me today. Knowing how dealers are I am not counting too much on the call. Will go and check today and later update

That's a damn good deal for an awesome car. Man, I wish my wife had liked the fiesta.
Old 20th September 2013, 12:26   #1706
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prabhuferrari View Post

(or)

That's a nice offer compared to previous months 1.12L offer but a limited number of cars in diesel and petrol are available. Check with all dealers and book asap.
They don't have any automatic variant left with them. So I dropped idea of buying ford.
Old 20th September 2013, 13:17   #1707
BHPian

Ford is no mood to sell the Fiesta it seems. Last month they sold only 1 Fiesta pan India. I have been trying to buy the Diesel Titanium Plus model since 3 months but the company and dealers are a bunch of clowns.

They are only ready to give me used Fiesta's (demo and test drive vehicles) and only white coloured vehicles from the 2012 inventory. I have emailed Ford and have been in touch with Sai Ram Ford (local dealer) since 2-3 months for a Chill Metallic or Kinetic Blue colour car but they are saying they have only White.

Its a shame that a company like Ford is turning down prospective customers and only trying to push old inventory of dealers. I seriously hope they go down the drain especially after what they have done with the Eco Sport pricing and features now.

Old 20th September 2013, 13:38   #1708
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by maverick145 View Post
Ford is no mood to sell the Fiesta it seems. Last month they sold only 1 Fiesta pan India. I have been trying to buy the Diesel Titanium Plus model since 3 months but the company and dealers are a bunch of clowns.

Its a shame that a company like Ford is turning down prospective customers and only trying to push old inventory of dealers. I seriously hope they go down the drain especially after what they have done with the Eco Sport pricing and features now.

With high inventory, I somehow think, thy are not making any. All capacity is diverted to the Eco-sport
Old 20th September 2013, 13:41   #1709
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
With high inventory, I somehow think, thy are not making any. All capacity is diverted to the Eco-sport
Agreed but it is highly unlikely that they have all the inventory only in the White colour. No other colour option is being given to me. Whereas people in Bangalore have reported about other colours being available.
Old 20th September 2013, 15:35   #1710
BHPian

Bit of an anticlimax after visiting the dealer. He says all 2012 models are sold out. And quoted me 12.45L for Titanium Plus.

Met 2 guys at Ford. Initially a junior level guy and then a team leader. The first guy said Ford has stopped production of all Fiesta, and the Team leader says they have not stopped. I prefer to believe what the junior guy said as he was not seasoned enough like the team leader!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks