Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd September 2012, 10:05   #1531
BHPian

Re: Ford Fiesta : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAS View Post
The GC of the Fiesta is 165 mm. The lowest point of the car is its front. The plastic strip at the bottom of the front bumper is the lowest part and scrapes bad roads.

Once the front is safely through, the car will not bottom out, unless it is a steep speed breaker. I would suggest you to take a test drive of the car in roads where your GP scrapes its bottom.

If GC is your priority, you could buy the new Linea or the SX4 or look at the Duster. But none of the cars will give you the kind of driving pleasure the Fiesta would offer...
Thanks MAS,Had read at carwale that NFS has 158 GC

Is the front bumper strip just scraps or it get damaged also? means any brokage happens? and my usual drive is on NH4, kolhapur-belgaum-hubli, kolhapur-pune and there nearby villages,so my priorty is 60:40 for highway and bad roads.Is this car fits in these brackets? As i cant test it on lower GC road cause it is far away from showroom , Just have big question about GC. So im waiting for booking the car. need your help here!

Btw im searching car from 4-5 months, SX4 is out of list cause out dated interiors and didnt experienced any powerfull engine, Im Power Hungry guy. I had test rided 2 times ford fiesta loved so much riding and handling aswell linear power.Had compared with rapid but boring interiors also top model doesnt have cruize control and disappointing music system!
Old 3rd September 2012, 10:08   #1532
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
Though it is I would like to make you aware of the Linea/Punto GC increment kit (if you haven't heard of it earlier). At a cost of around 12K you would be able to overcome this problem (if that is only the problemn) & continue to enjoy your car.

You can refer further details in this thread below:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...-10-000-a.html

Thanks for ur help.But i want a fresh engine in my garage and keeping punto also, but i will go to showroom and make my punto tall .
Old 3rd September 2012, 22:44   #1533
MAS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vgudale View Post
Thanks MAS,Had read at carwale that NFS has 158 GC

Is the front bumper strip just scraps or it get damaged also? means any brokage happens? and my usual drive is on NH4, kolhapur-belgaum-hubli, kolhapur-pune and there nearby villages,so my priorty is 60:40 for highway and bad roads.Is this car fits in these brackets? As i cant test it on lower GC road cause it is far away from showroom , Just have big question about GC. So im waiting for booking the car. need your help here!

Btw im searching car from 4-5 months, SX4 is out of list cause out dated interiors and didnt experienced any powerfull engine, Im Power Hungry guy. I had test rided 2 times ford fiesta loved so much riding and handling aswell linear power.Had compared with rapid but boring interiors also top model doesnt have cruize control and disappointing music system!
As of now, my careful driving has saved the plastic strip to only a few rubs on bad roads. Even though the Fiesta is a rare species on the road, I haven't seen any car with the plastic strip ripped off (as in case of i20 or a Honda City). The GC is really not as big an issue as it in a Honda City. But on the other hand, you cannot casually throw the car on bad roads. There is always an eerie feeling of scrapping the front strip whenever I drive on bad roads or high speed breakers. But, thank God the Fiesta does not scrap very frequently. The lower GC was one of the reasons I got myself an Endeavour.

I would reiterate that Fiesta is a wonderful car and its true potential is far less understood both by Ford and by car buyers. I guess you are a person who would not compromise on driving pleasure and superior handling. If yes, Fiesta is your car. You will not be disappointed.
Old 17th September 2012, 13:28   #1534
Senior - BHPian

Hey everyone, I was curious to know about the construction (engine block) of the 1.5 TDCi motor & its weight. Could someone help me with this information?

The Figo review thread mentions the information about the 1.4 TDCi motor's construction (all-aluminium) as well as weight (98 kilos), but couldn't find a similar information over here.
Old 17th September 2012, 20:38   #1535
BHPian

Got a chance to drive New Fiesta (Petrol Automatic and a Diesel) for more than a week. Here are my observations.

The below points are with specific to Diesel one (And of course general one too)
What are all the things you love

1. Excellent handling and driveability.
2. Very good steering feedback even at higher speeds.
3. Great music system. The detail of the sound output is awesome.
4. Very good front seat. It offers greater support to back as well as legs.
5. Short gear ratios and apt positioning.
6. The power delivery is very linear. (After the turbo kicks in).
7. Bluetooth integration with the phone is really good. The pairing process is very simple and the voice clarity and microphone power is really good.
8. The storage spaces optimized well.
9. The NVH levels are best.
10. Rear view mirror visibility is good.
11. The rear view mirror closing feature is a nice one when you lock the car with the key. (Especially in HYD where there is a fair chance that people will hit your RVM when you park the car)
12. The lights under the dash board are really helpful in the night
13. The dials are easily readable and visible.
14. The design is so sleek that I could park in my parking with lesser efforts compared to Old Fiesta.
15. The selection of display using combination switch is a nice feature
Things that could have better
1. Reverse camera could have been a nice addition as while taking reverse the rear visibility is not that great. The sensors doesn’t offer much help.
2. The windows are small, for seeing something outside I need to put extra effort to take my head outside of the cabin.
3. No lights in the rear. This is a must feature when you have kids and travel in night.
4. Boot opening button is missing.
5. Boot is little bit higher, so loading items need more effort.
6. While parking in the night we need the reverse light on both sides, one is not enough.
7. Ingress and exit are not easy as Classic.
8. The rear seat comfort as same as Classic.
9. The turbo lag is clearly visible. (The absence of turbo lag in Classic is the one thing I loved a lot)

Now Coming to Automatic Petrol

Things That was a charm
  1. The Leather seats add more comfort to the front seat.
  2. If you maintain the optimal RPM the gear shifting is so smooth
  3. The Hill Descent one works really well.
Things that could have gone even better
  1. When you slow down from a high speed to low speed, then the acceleration is very slow.
  2. Missing paddle shift a lot
Old 17th September 2012, 22:05   #1536
BHPian

Did Ford introduce any new color variants for global fiesta ? The Ford india website shows a new color which looks stunning
http://www.india.ford.com/cars/new-fiesta
Old 17th September 2012, 22:23   #1537
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjithrnair
Did Ford introduce any new color variants for global fiesta ? The Ford india website shows a new color which looks stunning
This I think is what they call as the chill metallic shade. It was there from the beginning. Looks good indeed.
Old 17th September 2012, 22:35   #1538
BHPian

Hi VB ,

Chill metallic is a lighter shade than the one shown in website , may be photographic effect .
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Fiesta : Test Drive & Review-fiesta-color.jpg  

Old 29th September 2012, 04:10   #1539
Senior - BHPian

Little but still worth noting that here in NA the Fiesta sedan (base) version is a $1000 cheaper to the hatch version as per Ford site here is a screen shot.
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Fiesta : Test Drive & Review-ford-fiesta-na.jpg  

Last edited by tj123 : 29th September 2012 at 04:20. Reason: Typo
Old 29th September 2012, 13:37   #1540
Senior - BHPian

One question about the new Fiesta, all car mags and Ford's website say the petrol AT style and titanium variants come with ESP but nowhere do they mention traction control. My understanding is that you can't have ESP without TC. Am I missing something?
Old 13th October 2012, 01:35   #1541
BHPian

Just browsing since i got an email from a friend who works in Ford. They are running a offer for employees and their friends / Family. The details says 1.5 lakh savings on Diesel top model but i am looking for the Petrol automatic. If i get a good deal for the Petrol model, seriously thinking if i should book this (I booked a duster and cancelled it, thought i will wait for Eco-sport but March is too long a wait).

What do you guys think is a good deal for the automatic Style / Titanium version?
Old 13th October 2012, 07:39   #1542
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarScream
One question about the new Fiesta, all car mags and Ford's website say the petrol AT style and titanium variants come with ESP but nowhere do they mention traction control. My understanding is that you can't have ESP without TC. Am I missing something?
Only the automatic variants have ESP a.k.a traction control.
Old 13th October 2012, 11:38   #1543
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by urajkumar View Post
Just browsing since i got an email from a friend who works in Ford. They are running a offer for employees and their friends / Family. The details says 1.5 lakh savings on Diesel top model but i am looking for the Petrol automatic. If i get a good deal for the Petrol model, seriously thinking if i should book this (I booked a duster and cancelled it, thought i will wait for Eco-sport but March is too long a wait).

What do you guys think is a good deal for the automatic Style / Titanium version?
Wow,1.5 lakhs savings on Diesel??Sir could you elaborate?

Thanks
Old 13th October 2012, 12:53   #1544
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tj123 View Post
Little but still worth noting that here in NA the Fiesta sedan (base) version is a $1000 cheaper to the hatch version as per Ford site here is a screen shot.
Yes, in all markets except India the hatch version of all brands is costlier than the sedan, because technically it's costlier to make the hatch door than a boot lid.
Old 18th October 2012, 00:10   #1545
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINI View Post
Wow,1.5 lakhs savings on Diesel??Sir could you elaborate?

Thanks
Actually it was only on the titanium top version and it is not 1.5 lakhs. Close to 90 K benifit on top version was available. The petrol AT style version was offered at 10.2 lakhs on road in chennai (normal prize is 10.8). I thought even if i walk in now, we can get the same deals. So guess its not a big discount since almost all manufactures are offering huge discounts now. Even Vento is on good deals now. In fact with Ford, they always have the midnight sale in December which is a good time to pick up something from Ford (they give huge discounts, gifts and contests etc) and i thought i can wait for it. Its already october and if i am going to buy a 2012 model, might buy it as well in Dec and save more.

Still do PM me if you want to contact the sales manager on this deal.

Last edited by urajkumar : 18th October 2012 at 00:11.
urajkumar is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks