Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Mumbai
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th March 2011, 22:21   #31
Senior - BHPian

re: Premji's Tyre Plus (Thane, Mumbai)

@heavy_foot
A member did mention putting up his car's OZs for sale some time back. I believe he did put it up on the classifieds too.

As for the tyre shop they are bang on the big intersection with Vashi sectors 28, 29 on RHS and Indian oil fuel station and Turbhe sector 19 on the left when coming down the flyover from Thane Belapur road on to the PB road. They occupy the corner whose pavement continues down to Fortune hotel, Palm beach galleria and City center malls in that order.
Old 18th March 2011, 22:48   #32
BANNED

Ok got it now. However i did check the pressure on the tyres from a nearby pertol pump and 3 tyres had 30 psi and one was 35 psi. Got it corrected and running on 30 psi now.
Old 18th March 2011, 22:59   #33
Senior - BHPian

Try the switch to Nitrogen, available with the same shop. I find the need to top up reduced and do it maybe once in a couple of months now and hopefully the tires would be running cooler too.
Old 23rd April 2011, 14:47   #34
BHPian

I went to Premji's yesterday to get the tyres of my Santro changed. The old tyres, though had excellent tread, has become brittle and hard due to aging. He offered me Michellin XM1+, which has definitely improved the ride quality many notches. It's very silent and the car vibrates lot less on paver blocked stretches.
Mr. Premji is the nicest tyre person I have met so far. He explained the whole alignment sheet to me. Also gave me some freebies without me asking for them.

The pricing is spot on, at par with large stores in Mumbai. The facilities are nice and the mechanics also seemed pretty competent. The lounge is great - I watched a IPL match on 42" screen TV while my car was getting treated. All-in-all a very nice experience.
I would recommend the place whole heartedly.
sen2009 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th May 2011, 09:34   #35
BHPian

Went to Premji's yesterday, we had actually planned to just change the 5th wheel since it was in a pretty bad condition and dad had to do a BOM-GGN yesterday night. When we reached there, the owner himself came out and welcomed us to the shop (how often do you see that?) which was really a good gesture. He inspected the tyres and said that there's very little life remaining, and said it would be better if you changed 4 tyres and kept one of the old (which still had a decent amount of life remaining) as an extra wheel. Later, he found out that one of the alloys was slightly chipped and there was a air loss from the tyre. Just as a temporary measure, he put a tube inside it for free.

Now, when selecting the tyres, he gave us all the choices he had available, right from Goodyear (4,1xx) to Michelin (5,7xx) and there wasn't he didn't pressure us to go for any brand of his choice. When we asked the reason for the vast difference, he explained the tyre ratings and the use of silica in Michelin to us. We finally went for 195/60 R15 Yokohama A-Drive for (4,5xx). He included free wheel alignment and balancing and free nitrogen filling for all the 4 tyres without asking for it. The equipment used by him was top-class, especially for wheel alignment. Totally recommend him if you have to change the tyres. The Premji's at Mahim did belong to him before he sold it out and was in the States for 2 decades, before coming back and starting a shop at Thane.

Last edited by prateekm : 15th May 2011 at 09:40.
Old 18th July 2011, 10:48   #36
Senior - BHPian

Premji Tyre Plus is having a monsoon offer for exclusive services starting at 199/- for small cars, 299/- for medium cars and 399 for large cars. The services offered are

1) Wheel Alignment rectification, Balancing, Tyre rotation.
2) Battery check and jelly application,
3) Nitrogen/Wiper/Headlight/Brake/Ac checks
4) Shampoo wash.

This offer is till 24th July and one of my colleagues who used the services (small car) was very happy with it. He has been raving about his talks with Mr Mark Premji.
Old 6th August 2011, 23:15   #37
BHPian

Went to Premji's today - Man I must say Mark Premji is one thorough Gentleman.

I went there with my wife and kid to get the tyres changed in between our shopping chores. The first impression - Mark himself welcome's us - never seen that happen before. I tell him I am looking for tyres for my car and what are available. He gives me the list of all the tyres available with him and along with the prices.

I wanted the buy the XM1+ with an upsize and hence bought 185 - 60 14 for my Vista. He explained the silica of XM1 and how it will improve the car's mileage and also explained the major difference between the yokohama and michelin. He also stocks conti but did not want to buy the Conti and hence settled for XM1+ - Total bill - 20275 4 tyres, all new valves, nitorgen filling, alignment and balancing all inclusive. Gave me 600 for the old tyres which were in pretty bad shape with around 54k on them and many punctures later.

I will highly recommend Premji's only for his professionalism and the kind of customer service he gives.

THUMPS UP and 5/5 for everything

Thanks Mark for everything and being such a nice salesman and thorough gentleman
kailashnj is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th August 2011, 23:41   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kailashnj View Post
Went to Premji's today - Man I must say Mark Premji is one thorough Gentleman.

I went there with my wife and kid to get the tyres changed in between our shopping chores. The first impression - Mark himself welcome's us - never seen that happen before. I tell him I am looking for tyres for my car and what are available. He gives me the list of all the tyres available with him and along with the prices.

I wanted the buy the XM1+ with an upsize and hence bought 185 - 60 14 for my Vista. He explained the silica of XM1 and how it will improve the car's mileage and also explained the major difference between the yokohama and michelin. He also stocks conti but did not want to buy the Conti and hence settled for XM1+ - Total bill - 20275 4 tyres, all new valves, nitorgen filling, alignment and balancing all inclusive. Gave me 600 for the old tyres which were in pretty bad shape with around 54k on them and many punctures later.
Couldn't agree less with you. Everytime I have been there Mr Mark welcomes me and now he recognises me too. Also Premji Tyre Plus is one of the authorized Michelin tyre distributor in Thane and one of the best I ahve come across. I will be visiting him again after the monsoons for the car detailing which he has promised he will do the finest job and I have no doubts about that.

Good for you and for your experience.
Old 7th August 2011, 18:38   #39
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Yep one of the major reasons for getting work done here is mark himself. He builds a rappo with his customers and is willing to share his expertise patiently. The attention to experience and ambience is something other tyre guys can learn from MP. One does not necessarily buy from the cheapest supplier.
Old 10th September 2011, 00:40   #40
BHPian

Got another chance to speak to Mark - I wanted to change tyres for my wife's HH Pleasure which was long due. Called up Mark to find out if he has anything to offer and to my surprise he said I have Pirelli's available. You can understand my joy - I straight away said I am coming over. That was 7:00pm - 1 hr to close shop. He say no problem, we will wait. On the way due to traffic and rains I reached the shop at 8:30pm, thinking the shop must be closed or I will not be able to get the tyres. To my surprise Mark was still waiting along with 2 members from his team. He ensured that the tyres are changed even after 8:30, it took 1 hr to change the tyres and which means the shop was open for us after hrs.

The experience was good as usual with Mark and there is no denying that he is one through customer oriented sales person.

By the way guys he has stock of all sizes from Pirelli including tyres for SB.
kailashnj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th November 2011, 19:49   #41
BHPian

I got my car interiors and exterior polished at premjis. Very well done job and on time.
Mark is a thorough gentleman. I know I can give my car there without worries.
The whole package cost 2200/-
Old 13th November 2011, 21:27   #42
BHPian

I'm pretty impressed with the reviews here and will surely take my car there anytime soon.
Also, from what i have read, I don't think he is expensive just because he may be charging more than others as he gives lot of other intangibles free like peace of mind and trust. For us cars are not just cars and extra care is needed which Mark is giving.
I have a few queris as well:
1. Does he sell second hand tyres? I want to put a few on my ikon which I'm planning to sell and current set is completely bald...
2. Does he exchange the new OEM tyres for better brands/upsize as I'm planning to buy a Diesel Figo (3rd Ford and I'm not mad!!!)
tks
Old 20th November 2011, 17:01   #43
Senior - BHPian

Just saw the thread on Premji's Thane , have been meaning to write about my experience . Mark is fantastic gentleman , he is knowledgeable , does not push you for any brand , well stocked and gives good advice ( with the disclaimer that he is a big fan of Michelin ) . I got my tyres upgraded to C drives , the job was done quick and in perfect manner with nice friendly chat about his background and a couple of cups of chai ! He has been a tyre dealer for quite a while , had a Michelin dealership at Atlanta (US) too . I appreciated that he took the effort to explain to me the wheel alignment and balancing readings .

As far as prices are concerned , his quote was cheaper than International Tyre House ( Opera House ) and he throws in free wheel balancing and alignment so I think I got a great deal .

For my old tyres , he got a quote from a second hand tyre dealer which was only Rs 800 for 4 . Mark advised me not to go for it. He instead put the tyres in auction a couple of days later which resulted in me getting Rs 2 K .

He is highly recommended !

Last edited by souravc : 20th November 2011 at 17:03.
Old 7th December 2011, 14:30   #44
BHPian

last week, was going to Palghar for some work and noticed my Xylo vibrating above speed 80 and sensed the need for balancing & alignment, ODO was 37000. This time I intended to check at Premji's TyprePlus. Y'day had been there and found Mr.Mark a nice person. On my referring of TBHP, he said gaining good business by this referral ! He also mentioned of TBHP to another customer getting his H-City ready.

Rotation was done as part of the overall activity.

Charges:
- Wheel Balancing - Large Car - 4 x Rs.120 = Rs.480
- Wheel Alignment - Big Car - Rs.400
- Washing (incl diesel, underbody watering, pressurized air in cabin) - Rs.400
Total = Rs.1280/-

overall a nice experience and he even explained the alignment chart.

Currently I have OEM Dueler AT and he suggested replacement due in sometime itself. Recommended Michelin Latitude Cross, quoted around Rs.6300/- a piece (couldnt recall the exact price he spoke).

regards,
Pranav
Old 5th March 2012, 17:46   #45
BHPian

went to Premji to change the tyres on my OHC to XM1+ and the overall experience was good. price was a bit on the higher side though (had little better deals available but in other areas, went to premji due to proximity to my home).

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks