Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Mumbai
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: I have personally used their services and would rate them as:
Highly Recommended 32 59.26%
Recommended 18 33.33%
NOT Recommended 4 7.41%
Voters: 54. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 24th May 2011, 18:12   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: Tyre Shop - Saifee Tyres (Santacruz, Mumbai)

We have been using Saifee for alignment and new tyres, rims, alloys punctures for years. Highly recommended
Mortis is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th October 2011, 15:07   #17
BHPian

Well I stay 2 buildings away, all my cars Tata sierra, Qualis, Innovas, Swift, palio, Accord, W123 etc have been handled by Saifee for both tyres and alloys. I have sourced new alloys, used (civic) alloys for my Innova (almost new except spare wheel that came off some other civic).

Four or five years back he did buy a computerized wheel alignment equipment and was installed in a shop next to Bhogilal on SV road. All said and done the accuracy and customer satisfaction went down. Immediately he shut it down and went back to good old days. Albert is always spot on although it scary to see him testing the cars on by lanes, I see and hear him screeching all the time.

Highly Recommended!!
Old 3rd March 2012, 20:51   #18
BHPian

+1 to Saifee. They've got a halfway decent selection of rims, and a good selection of tyres. I'd bought Lenso SHUs for my Ikon and went to him again for the alloys for the Cruze (didn't wind up buying them from him because he didn't have the designs I was looking for).
Old 19th October 2012, 08:58   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Pricing: Ranges from cheap to reasonable. Never had him quote a higher price than someone else.

Speciality / USP: None in particular. Just an honest tyre & wheel shop. Though, I guess he could be successful in sourcing vintage car tyres (not sure).
Hi GTO, after going through your review and feedback from fellow members, called them up for checking the price for a tyre swap. I will be getting delivery of my Laura TSI Ambiente this 24th and want to swap the Goodyear NCT5s with Michelin PLC (stock size). Saifee quoted Rs. 7375 for all 5 tyres (1475 per tyre). Does this sound good enough? I had checked with Acme tyres Goregaon, they quoted ~ Rs. 2k per tyre, inclined towards Saifee after the reviews, however, just want to know if there is some margin for negotiation.

Thanks!
Shreyas
Old 19th October 2012, 09:28   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreyas Aterkar View Post
Hi GTO, after going through your review and feedback from fellow members, called them up for checking the price for a tyre swap. I will be getting delivery of my Laura TSI Ambiente this 24th and want to swap the Goodyear NCT5s with Michelin PLC (stock size). Saifee quoted Rs. 7375 for all 5 tyres (1475 per tyre). Does this sound good enough? I had checked with Acme tyres Goregaon, they quoted ~ Rs. 2k per tyre, inclined towards Saifee after the reviews, however, just want to know if there is some margin for negotiation.

Thanks!
Shreyas
Two things here:
1. Saifee gives the best exchange price for stock new tires. I exchanged my NCT5 (205/55/16) with Primacy LC (same size) and got Rs 500 (per tire) more than what other dealers were offering
2. From my experience, there is little scope for further negotiation in the prices because they are already quite good

From the quoted price, I think you are going for 15 inchers, right? Because AFAIK, Primacy LC in 205/55/16 is still around Rs 9500 per tire
nishantgandhi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th October 2012, 14:09   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishantgandhi View Post
Two things here:
1. Saifee gives the best exchange price for stock new tires. I exchanged my NCT5 (205/55/16) with Primacy LC (same size) and got Rs 500 (per tire) more than what other dealers were offering
2. From my experience, there is little scope for further negotiation in the prices because they are already quite good
I had checked with Acme tyre a deal for Michelins in Goregaon (W), they quoted ~ 2k per tyre so you are right about the Rs. 500 difference. I think I will go to them and get the tyres changed on the day of the delivery.

Quote:
From the quoted price, I think you are going for 15 inchers, right? Because AFAIK, Primacy LC in 205/55/16 is still around Rs 9500 per tire
Yes 195/65/15 - the stock size for laura ambition. Upgrading the tyres to 205/55/16 was costing ~ 60-75k so decided against it.
Old 25th October 2012, 09:28   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Two things here:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreyas Aterkar View Post
I think I will go to them and get the tyres changed on the day of the delivery.
Hi got the delivery of our Laura yesterday and got the 5 stock goodyears changed to Micheilns Primary LC from Saifee Tyres for Rs. 1475 per tyre. Very good experience out there, it took just 45 mins to complete the swap along with balancing and alignment. Would certainly recommend this tyre shop to all.

Thanks to Tbhp, which helped me find this shop.
Shreyas Aterkar is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 20th November 2012, 11:12   #23
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Recently bought my nth set of tyres from Saifee.

This time was different though. All co-ordination, exchange of old rims & tyres, payment etc. done via the phone. Saifee offered splendid support all through.

Bought Michelin Pilot Sport 3s. Main reason for choosing this tyre was my super 40,000 kms experience with the Pilot Sport 2. I was sitting on the fence between the PS3 & Advan Sport, but prior PS2 experience & scarce availability of the Yokohama made it a no-brainer.
GTO is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2012, 20:27   #24
Senior - BHPian

Just replaced my in-laws tyres at Saifee today and it was totally pain free as usual
Old 12th August 2013, 13:41   #25
BHPian

Changed my tyres of ford ikon at saifee. The service was extremely good and the pricing was on the lower side. He gave the lowest quote amongst all dealers listed on this directory. I had bought michellin XM2 . Would recommend the place for tyres.
Old 7th October 2013, 00:42   #26
Senior - BHPian

Was about to get my 3rd set of tires from Saifee. He was honest enough to tell me that I could still get a couple of clicks out of my old tires before needing another set. Another thumbs up from me.
Old 7th October 2013, 08:14   #27
BHPian

I would recommend saifee too, the only catch uncle knows much better than the son. I went for changing my Tyres of Cruze and uncle gave a better suggestion to go for Bridgestone instead of Yokohama. Above all he gave me a better discount as compared to what son was giving.
In terms of alignment and balancing the mechanics are amazing . Done 5000 on my car still don't feel the need to get it checked
RishiSuri is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th August 2016, 21:38   #28
BHPian

Got my 2008 Skoda Fabia's tyre rotation and wheel alignment, balancing done recently from Saifee. The difference that i observed was, they don't use computerized alignment machine. They just check it with a long metal rod, keeping it in line with front and rear wheels. But as long as it does the job, i have no complaints. Got a decent discount also. Job is very well done. I will definitely recommend it to our fellow BHPians.
Old 25th May 2017, 13:37   #29
BHPian

Got my SX4 ZDi tyres replaced at Saifee yesterday. The car has done 1.05L kms as of now. The stock JK's lasted 45k kms. The second set was Yoko A Drives which lasted me an excellent 60k kms!! The stock size was 205/60/16. In the quest for better ride comfort,I upsized to 215/60/16 with my second set. Since I had an excellent experience with Yoko's,didn't check out anything else.

BTW, the second set was replaced at Premji's Thane. However since the service at Premji's has gone down, wanted to try out something else. Spoke to many of my TBHP friends & everyone pointed at Saifee. So Saifee it was!!

Had a word with Mr. Jitubhai a day earlier and inquired regarding the availability of 215/60/16. He quoted me a price of 8300/- per tyre,which was slightly higher than what others had quoted. But since I was told service would be better,I didn't really mind.

And I was not at all disappointed!!
I wanted to check out the manf month of the tyres. Jitubhai very politely accommodated my requests for the same. All the tyres were of Oct-2016 make.
The novelty factor for me was the way alignment was done!!
In all the other place I've seen a computerized machine doing the alignment. Their master alignment guy goes by the name of Alfred. No fancy computers, just a set of spanners & a long steel rod. Some adjustments & a short trial later my car was as straight as an arrow!!
I hope the alignment stays straight, fingers crossed!! I guess in this day & age, we trust computers more than humans!!
Alfred at work
Tyre Shop - Saifee Tyres (Santacruz, Mumbai)-whatsapp-image-20170524-9.31.39-pm.jpeg

The icing on the cake was that the total bill came to 32k(8k per tyre)!!

All in all, a place I''ll highly recommend!

Last edited by powertrain : 25th May 2017 at 13:45.
Old 30th October 2017, 16:56   #30
BHPian

Nice to know about this place. How much do they charge for WA and WB?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks