Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Mumbai
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th June 2023, 17:47   #1
BHPian

Car Electrical and AC Work - Star Auto Electric Works (Matunga, Mumbai)

Please Note that the place is Star Auto Electric Works at Matunga West in Mumbai. Not to be confused with Star Auto India.

Services offered:-
  • All sorts of electrical work for cars, two-wheelers, and heavy vehicles, from the most basic such as Padminis, Ambassadors, and Maruti 800s to new high-end luxury cars.
  • AC gas recharging and overhauling of AC system for all cars. They also undertake retrofitting jobs.
  • Starter, Alternator, Dynamo, Wiper motor service and repairing
  • Authorised dealers for batteries made by Amaron, Exide, SF Sonic, PowerZone, etc for cars, two-wheelers, and others
  • Battery Recharging
  • Authorised dealers for horns, lights and other electrical parts made by LUCAS, Roots and Uno Minda
  • Vehicle Scanning, ECU, and wiring work

What I like:-
  • Star Auto has been around for over 3 decades and has always been a reliable and efficient place to get your car's electricals sorted. It is a family-run place and the owner, Dinesh is very hard-working and helpful. He treats every customer like a friend and often goes out of his way to help a customer in distress.
  • Majority of the staff are old timers, so they are well versed with car electricals, especially those of older cars, which many of the youngsters find hard to comprehend. However, the younger staff here too are well trained and efficient and at the same time, well-mannered and friendly.
  • The rates of parts and labour are extremely reasonable and realistic, so you can be sure to never get ripped off.
  • All their stock is original and genuine with warranty, no spurious parts are used. Dinesh is very honest and courteous towards his customers. There was an instance when a Maruti 800 thermostat switch I bought failed and the car overheated. Dinesh came himself to check the car, bought a new switch for me, and repaired it free of cost without batting an eyelid.
  • Quality of work is very good. Unlike some electricians who make a mess of the wiring, Dinesh's guys do a fairly neat and tidy job.
  • In case of a breakdown due to a weak battery or some other electrical failure, Dinesh will come himself to help the stranded person or send one of his staff. In case the stranded person is far, he will try to locate the nearest battery shop or electrician for them, from his contact base in order to help. The fee is minimal.
  • They accept payment in all forms such as Cash, Card, Cheque, Bank transfer, and UPI.

What I don't like :-
  • As there is no dedicated workshop, work is carried out by the roadside near busy Matunga Road circle junction. Finding parking is a big headache
  • Leaving your car there overnight if there is a lot of work is a bit risky as it will have to be left on the road and could get damaged. Best to ask them to cover it.
  • The shop is untidy and dingy. Could surely do with a nice renovation job.
  • ECM related work is often outsourced.
  • Closed on Sundays.

Contact Information :-
  • Shop Landline :- 022-24306388
  • Dinesh Sharma (owner) :-+91 9820838733 / 9892166105

Shop no 5 Manmala Tank Road Matunga (W), Mumbai, Maharashtra 400016

Name:  Screenshot 630.png
Views: 567
Size:  282.7 KB

Name:  Screenshot 627.png
Views: 554
Size:  523.6 KB

Name:  Screenshot 628.png
Views: 550
Size:  505.6 KB

Car Electrical and AC Work - Star Auto Electric Works (Matunga, Mumbai)-img20230106wa0028.jpg

Car Electrical and AC Work - Star Auto Electric Works (Matunga, Mumbai)-img_20230209_185019.jpg

Car Electrical and AC Work - Star Auto Electric Works (Matunga, Mumbai)-img_20230209_185040.jpg

Car Electrical and AC Work - Star Auto Electric Works (Matunga, Mumbai)-img_20210226_180701.jpg

My cars have been going here for donkey's years and I have never had a bad experience with them. It is a good and honest place to go to. I highly recommend Star Auto and their services.

Last edited by BeemerBug_06 : 18th June 2023 at 18:02.
BeemerBug_06 is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 17th July 2023, 13:29   #2
BHPian

Re: Car Electrical and AC Work - Star Auto Electric Works (Matunga, Mumbai)

After reading this thread visited this place for my Hexa head light wiring which were attacked by rats. Actually this was straight fourth attack in a month on wiring which were repaired at ASC with big hole to pocket. This time decided to show it outside the service centre. Star Auto Electric works was known to me as it is on my way to office but never availed their services. I have installed 55W ASIC chip controlled HID conversion Kit 4500K from Uglare. One of the light was off due to wire cut and the other’s light throw was focused downwards. All the wiring and fitment of bulbs were messed up by service centre. The whole work required bumper and headlight assembly to be removed and install again. The electrician at Star Auto done the excellent and professional job to my satisfaction. All their team is expert in their work and the owner Mr. Dinesh is good knowledgeable chap to interact. The work was done at very very reasonable rate looking at the efforts and time taken by the person for the work. Highly recommended for any electrical works in Mumbai.
sandeepsc is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks