Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Mumbai
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st October 2016, 11:26   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harsh79 View Post
The dents would have to be quite big or deep for the body filler not to adhere (and stay there) if you were told that it's not possible.
Thank you for the info. I spoke to 3M and a local guy who does wraps and both said they don't do filling without seeing my vehicle. Will try to find someone in Chennai who does this.
diyguy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st October 2016, 12:32   #17
BHPian

Re: Car Wraps: The Wrap Shop (Mulund, Mumbai)

Thanks for the informative thread.

Got a question Frank.. how different is this colour film wrap from the paint protection film. I had heard it costs a bomb (upwards of 1.5 Lakhs) to wrap a large car in ppf (Eg 3M ppf). But you got your friend's Merc wrapped in matt colour at approx 30% cost of ppf.

Does it make sense to wrap the entire car in the choice of your colour OR colour matching your car's original colour rather than wrapping in PPF since both the sheets protect the original paint and the metal beneath!!

just a thought..

Last edited by arunu : 31st October 2016 at 12:34.
arunu is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th January 2017, 18:24   #18
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Wraps look good if the car is clean & dent-free.

But if your ride gets all the usual Mumbai wear & tear, it looks awful. Saw my neighbour's wrapped car last night - lit up by my headlamps - and all the nicks & dents made it look bad. More so than a shiny car without a wrap, even if it has battle scars.
GTO is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 28th January 2017, 20:16   #19
Senior - BHPian

Does this guy also do Paint Protection Film ?
Mortis is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th January 2017, 19:09   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post

But if your ride gets all the usual Mumbai wear & tear, it looks awful. Saw my neighbour's wrapped car last night - lit up by my headlamps - and all the nicks & dents made it look bad. More so than a shiny car without a wrap, even if it has battle scars.
Absolutely. Which is why the dents and bumps on the cars body were totally rectified before applying the wrap.
Many people skip that step. Remember, a wrap's job is to highlight the contours of the car. It exaggerates all the nicks and cuts on the body and makes it look better. If there are dents on the car, the wrap looks very bad!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortis View Post
Does this guy also do Paint Protection Film ?
I think he does. You're better off asking him. The wrap does the same job and makes your car look better. Hence went in for that over paint protection film.
frankmehta is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th February 2017, 16:49   #21
BHPian

Quote:

Absolutely we had wrapped our car 2 years ago all the dents/scratches were mended before the wrap was applied but now again thanks to usual mumbai wear there are many scratches and a few dents and it looks bad luckily the scratches will go away once the wrap is peeled off. All in all I dont think we will be using wraps ever again nor would I recommend them to anyone who uses their cars daily.
Ferrariwell is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 4th February 2017, 19:56   #22
Distinguished - BHPian

How do wraps cope with being scratched?

Do they scratch like paint, or do they tear like paper, fabric, etc?
Old 7th February 2017, 13:53   #23
BHPian

Car Wraps: The Wrap Shop (Mulund, Mumbai)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
How do wraps cope with being scratched?

Do they scratch like paint, or do they tear like paper, fabric, etc?

Light scratches (swirl marks,scratches left by passerbys touching the surface of the car) scratch the surface of the wrap pretty much like paint but a wrap is much more prone to scratches at least mine was as compared to paint. Deep scratches tear the wrap and even scrape the paint at times for example when our driver had a small incident with a Tata ace it tore the wrap and scratched the paint on the RHS of the front bumper (visible below) . Couldn't bear the scratches anymore and this Sunday I got the car unwrapped. I will have to get the bumpers re painted both front and back and one of the doors as a biker crashed into the driver side door. It would not be possible to match the paint exactly to the rest of the car with the wrap on also one of the reasons I decided to unwrap it. I'm just happy that the car looks exactly how it was 2 and a half years back
Car Wraps: The Wrap Shop (Mulund, Mumbai)-imageuploadedbyteambhp1486455735.934435.jpg
Ferrariwell is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th February 2017, 14:05   #24
Senior - BHPian

Your car looks awesome with and without the wrap.
Honestly, the quality of the wrap matters a lot. Original, branded wraps have a self-healing nano layer on them. So small swirl marks and micro scratches are known to vanish.
The first copies and cheaper alternatives of the wraps are the ones that don't really do anything after getting scratched.
In a city like Mumbai, one needs to be careful. The Honda wrap has held up quite well, though. I drive around quite a bit and park on the road most of the times.
I have a satin pearl shade and I still get surprised with the number of hues it throws out in different lighting conditions. Champagne, black, matte, grey, goldenish etc. Such finishes Are difficult to achieve with paint, especially at these rates. Hence the convenience of a wrap.
But yes, scratches and nicks are inevitable and absolutely nightmarish for us in India!
frankmehta is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th April 2018, 09:28   #25
BHPian

Guys, Planning to get only the roof and mirrors wrapped in gloss black vinyl. Any idea of a good shop somewhere between Borivli and Bhayander in Mumbai?
Old 4th April 2018, 09:39   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ne0N View Post
Guys, Planning to get only the roof and mirrors wrapped in gloss black vinyl. Any idea of a good shop somewhere between Borivali and Bhayander in Mumbai?
How about 3M!! They have opened a new outlet at HP petrol pump near (North of) METRO SUPERMARKET on Western Expressway-Borivali. Ask for REKHA.

This outlet was earlier at Kandivali(W), near uncles's Kitchen.

Regards-Sonu
ariesonu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th July 2018, 21:11   #27
Distinguished - BHPian

Earlier today had requested THE WRAP SHOP to make a custom TEAM-BHP sticker for my New Fortuner, just like the one on my previous gen Fortuner.

Some WIP pics;

Car Wraps: The Wrap Shop (Mulund, Mumbai)-f434377ef4ea4697bb22af92e4b386a8.jpeg

Final Result;

Car Wraps: The Wrap Shop (Mulund, Mumbai)-63078ad153334969a8cadb871030dfb8.jpeg

Job Well Done

Last edited by karan561 : 28th July 2018 at 21:14.
karan561 is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 19th February 2019, 10:28   #28
Senior - BHPian

Folks, need help in finding a good upholstery guy who does roof lining work. Need to get it done for the Laura.

Anywhere between Andheri West to Bandra will be fine.

Thanks in advance.
Old 11th December 2019, 15:17   #29
BHPian

Quote:
But if your ride gets all the usual Mumbai wear & tear, it looks awful. .
We are looking to buy a luxury small SUV as our daily runner. What type of paint protection service like from 3M should we take to keep our car looking good? Or will BMW / Audi paint job good enough for first few years?
Old 8th September 2021, 13:26   #30
BHPian

Saw the new Renault logo and loved the minimalistic approach, started contacting several workshops for custom logo paint/wrap jobs but no one was interested.
Then after browsing through TeamBHP directory found about The Wrap Shop, contacted Sid. We set up an appointment and the work was done in 30-40mins. A slight change was needed for white stripes on front logo as it was not flat, he offered to replace the same free of cost.

Pros :
Very transparent about the entire process.
Extremely cost efficient.
Quality of the job done.

Cons :
None.

Very humble, enthusiastic and down to earth.
Highly recommended, we need more guys like him!

Car Wraps: The Wrap Shop (Mulund, Mumbai)-1631085746985.jpg

Before :

Car Wraps: The Wrap Shop (Mulund, Mumbai)-1631085555360.jpg

After replacement :

Car Wraps: The Wrap Shop (Mulund, Mumbai)-1631084408267.jpg

Rear :

Car Wraps: The Wrap Shop (Mulund, Mumbai)-1631085628651sm.jpg
Venky03 is offline   (7) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks