Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th April 2011, 16:10   #91
Senior - BHPian

Re: Bikes of yesteryear and long forgotten : Anybody still riding them?

She looks perfect, I liked the flow from the headlamp and don't know if they are Matiz glass used for headlamp.

Another reliable companion of many was the Hero Majestic mopeds they were lean and were used to do be a multipurpose vehicle for farmers in the costal areas of A.P.

Bajaj M50, M80 were also my fav, they are a step through wonders giving the power of a scooter and the comfort of a bike, thankfully there are good numbers stilly plying on the roads. Wish to have a M50 collected for me one day.
Old 24th April 2011, 16:43   #92
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chanu View Post
don't know if they are Matiz glass used for headlamp.
at that time there was no Daewoo, forget matiz in India. Fury and matiz are separated by more than a decade.

For M50 how we have forgotten them, There was a facelifted version too called major.

Just wanted to know how many versions of M50 were made over their full life cycle. Like we have for fiats.
Old 24th April 2011, 21:16   #93
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepmohan View Post
My Yezdi 350 Twin. Its not road legal but I still use it. Not road legal because I do not know how to register the bike as it was assembled at the Mysore factory by my mechanic. .....
As long as all nos (regn, engine, frame) are made to match & bike is said as yezdi itself in regn book irrespective of model name/no of cylinder/cc etc i think it is safe -from the 'erratic entries in book' purview.

This is one m/c which i would any day prefer than RD for its sedate nature & i'm not a fan of rest yezdi/jawa singles with the loud twin pipes.
And those #plates could have been blanked off in pics.
Old 24th April 2011, 22:06   #94
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manishalive View Post
at that time there was no Daewoo, forget matiz in India. Fury and matiz are separated by more than a decade.

For M50 how we have forgotten them, There was a facelifted version too called major.

Just wanted to know how many versions of M50 were made over their full life cycle. Like we have for fiats.
You are right Manish, Daewoo has come long time after so no chance of Matiz glass but curious to know which auto that headlamp glass is from? apart from this would wish to see the FURY ad here.

I guess bajaj has brought M50, then it became M80, Major (with Cheatak handle bar) then 4 stroke and thats it.
Old 25th April 2011, 11:43   #95
BHPian

Ok Guys since I see a Lot of Audience appreciating the Bikes I LOVE. here are the pics of some of the Bikes n Scoots in My Collection. Some Restored, Some Unrestored and some Even Modified.
Used Regularly

THE MIGHTY YAMAHA RD 350
Bikes of yesteryear and long forgotten : Anybody still riding them?-rd1.jpg
Bikes of yesteryear and long forgotten : Anybody still riding them?-rd2.jpg
Bikes of yesteryear and long forgotten : Anybody still riding them?-rd3.jpg
Bikes of yesteryear and long forgotten : Anybody still riding them?-rd4.jpg
Bikes of yesteryear and long forgotten : Anybody still riding them?-rd5.jpg

My Yezdi 250 Custom.. WIP since looong time :(
Bikes of yesteryear and long forgotten : Anybody still riding them?-yezdi.jpg
Bikes of yesteryear and long forgotten : Anybody still riding them?-yezdi1.jpg
Bikes of yesteryear and long forgotten : Anybody still riding them?-yezdi2.jpg
Bikes of yesteryear and long forgotten : Anybody still riding them?-yezdi3.jpg
Bikes of yesteryear and long forgotten : Anybody still riding them?-yezdi4.jpg

Some more Still to Come.. Till then.. Hope you Guys Like them.
Old 25th April 2011, 14:12   #96
BHPian

Hi all Team BHPians ... After reading all the comments on this blog, and the awesome coverage of various bikes illustrated with photos etc mostly from India that we had long forgotten in our chase towards the JAPS; I feel great that I began this blog.

Best I can do is

Any Mumbai or Pune Team BHPians planning on a Team BHP meet in Pune or Mumbai in recent times or know of any events coming up do post it here.

We must all meet somewhere with our rides -- do make some plans -- nothing lavish maybe something like Chai and Vada Pav. Nearest common meeting point Lonavala / Khandala

Ripper thanx for the tip .. Guptaji has most of the spares that I needed for the bike. He said he'll arrange for the crank and connecting rods seperately from Pune.
Old 26th April 2011, 02:56   #97
BHPian

Lovely thread. Thank you, to everyone who contributed to it. Many lovely memories here.

I grew up, on various positions, on an Allwyn Pushpak (more or less the same as the Vijay Super). Belonged to my dad and it was probably as old as me, or even older. We toured (4 pax), up and down Kerala, suitcase tied with ropes on the luggage carrier. Learnt to ride a motorized two-wheeler on it, it was with us till 7-8 years ago, till dad gave up riding it due to his age.

There is still an old Jawa in the ancestral home from my grandpa's time; though I'd be surprised if it is any good than scrap metal. An old Mark II Amby from that time still survives, but it is just an old shell of its original - the engine was transplanted to an Isuzu almost a decade ago.

Will leave you with a picture of an old amby I saw during my drive from DEL-TVM last year.
Bikes of yesteryear and long forgotten : Anybody still riding them?-dsc02867.jpg
Old 26th April 2011, 08:56   #98
BHPian

Does anybody remember the TVS Spectra ? It was a scooterette that failed miserably. It was such a big failure that googling TVS spectra brings up 2 or 3 low res thumbnails.
Here are the pics.
Attached Thumbnails
Bikes of yesteryear and long forgotten : Anybody still riding them?-phpthumb_generated_thumbnailjpeg.jpg  

Attached Images

Old 26th April 2011, 10:38   #99
Senior - BHPian

^^It was a proper scooter with hand operated 4 gears, not a scooterette. 150 cc IIRC. Introduced in 1999 and bombed.

Last edited by Gansan : 26th April 2011 at 10:46.
Old 26th April 2011, 12:02   #100
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pri2 View Post
Does anybody remember the TVS Spectra ? It was a scooterette that failed miserably. It was such a big failure that googling TVS spectra brings up 2 or 3 low res thumbnails.
Here are the pics.
It was a scotter that was far ahead of it's times. Came in the 90s.
It didn't fail because it was a bad product, but because of it's cost. It was a good 15k more than any other scooter in India at that time.The reason for that cost was the high quality parts used and the superior engine(suzuki unit i guess).
Even the paint quality was awesome. My neighbour had one in mettalic stawberry red. Believe me the paint quality was better than any other car sold in India at that time, except the Mercs.
Old 26th April 2011, 12:45   #101
octaneoverdose

Re: Can anyone identify this moped ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gansan View Post
This 125 cc was to have been named "Enterprise" but did not see the light of day.

Does anyone remember the tag line of the Fury ads? It was "Guts and glory - Enfield Fury"!
hey gansan, i am from chennai myself and very vividly remember seeing the 125 in the neighbourhood of vadapalani. it was a bright yellow bike. i presume it was one of the prototypes imported that got auctioned or something.

have u seen the bike im telling?

Old 26th April 2011, 12:55   #102
Senior - BHPian

^^ No, I have not. Must have been a prototype, it was never sold in the market.
Old 26th April 2011, 19:48   #103
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by riteshpawar View Post
Note from the Team-BHP Support Team: Post Edited. Smilie usage is restricted to two per post on Team-BHP. Please refrain from using excessive smilies.

We advise you to read the Announcements and Board Rules section before proceeding any further.

We forgot the Ind Suzuki AX100

This one evolved into the AX100R, then the MAX 100 (with a dynamo and no battery) then came the MAX100R with a battery. Same engine went into the Samurai with some mods in the engine and new body make over and graphics. It had this very smooth and unforgettable sound of the engine that I can never forget.

One 1984 model is still owned by one of our distinguished BHPians Dhabhar Behram in Mumbai

Dhabhar if you see this post please put in some comments on your ride ! (and also some new photos of this bike.
Own an IND Suzuki AX100 ( same one as Mr . Dhabhar .Infact I think his son Cyrus has seen my bike). Absolutely love it. What a machine. . the Exhaust note is a class apart. a slient metallic note when at idle when give it the beans and boy does she change. Unfortunately due to my nature of work keeping out of Bombay have not been able to maintain the body but the engine is still in fine nick and have left many a RX100 in my 2 stroke smoke at the Signals of South Bombay.
Hopefully will get the body done before the rains and will post pics of her.
Old 27th April 2011, 01:04   #104
BHPian

Anoshdhondy -- you can post ur AX100's pics even now and then you can continue your posts as a story of the restoration with gradual updates of the pics in various stages.

My KB100 RTZ was in spic and span condition till 2008 when I moved out of my home to another suburb in Mumbai. Since 2008 to 2011 when I moved back home with my folks the bike had done just 192 kms.

In the last 4 months the bike was not even started, the tank and sidepanels were a wreck. Dust and Rust had set in however with just a little choke and a few kicks she rose back to life. Thats when I began her restoration and its still underway. I have posted her pics in the same thread also in my Garage.

What model of AX100 is yours ??
Old 27th April 2011, 16:35   #105

The Power to weight ratio of that yezdi Cl2/Classic will be awesome.. and the Pick up will be mad. I like the Air Filter. And I guess the rear Tyre is mounted in opposite Direction. Is there any specific reason ?
I can imagine if that was a Yezdi Roadking!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks