Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th September 2021, 17:56   #346
BHPian

Re: Hero Honda Karizma Ownership Experience

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aksthedreamer View Post
Unable to connect with him from the past 1 week.
His numbers are either switched off or he disconnects the call/does not pick up. He may be out of town or something.

I managed to get hold of my old mechanic, brought the bike back in running condition.
Old problems still exist, unstable rpm and bike runs at high rpm even at low speeds of 60kmph. At 80kmph bike loses its breath and the engine feels quite strained as if its running at 120kmph.

Clutch is not slipping, there is no burning smell too, so not sure what the problem is.

Do not want to go to my mechanic because he is either not skilled enough or just does not want to work on the bike, says the bike is running fine.

Carb tuning is definitely one of the problems.
Bike only runs when rpm is set to around 2k. Below that it frequently shuts down.

Will have to look for another mechanic, I remember @bluevolt mentioned about azad motors in pitampura, will check with them.
Bumping this old thread.
Were you able to sort the issue of unstable rpm?
I have a 2008 karizma r and I'm facing the problem that Idle rpm is not stable.

1.Below 2k rpm the engine will surely shut in couple of seconds. So always needs to be throttled.
2. Even if I'm starting the bike after a 30-45 minute rest, choke is mandatory, everytime.
3. Once throttle is raised the bike coming back to idle rpm is very slow. I feel the gear shifts are harder due to the very same reason. Also once the engine becomes hot enough the idle rpm increases. I have seen it sometimes reach around 2k and had to fiddle with idle screw in the middle of ride.

My mechanic told me that the vaccum slider has worn out and solution is to replace entire carburetor. I'm okay with this, but don't know why 2 different shops I enquired quoted 6.7k for Karizma carburetor. And my mechanic is like he's only 80% sure that replacing carburetor will solve the issue.

What was the final solution you had? Is the Karizma carburetor really this costly or they are taking me for a ride due to scarcity in lockdown? Any ideas or inputs will be appreciated.
Old 14th September 2021, 11:35   #347
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashikthomson View Post
What was the final solution you had? Is the Karizma carburetor really this costly or they are taking me for a ride due to scarcity in lockdown? Any ideas or inputs will be appreciated.

My bike has same issue and because of this i am not ridding it. My mechanic saying it is due to carburettor and need replacement.

Price is fine and Karizma carburetttor is costlier than others. You can buy it directly from Hero moto corp (online)
https://eshop.heromotocorp.com/carbu...00kry901s.html

Even i am not sure if this can be fixed by carburretor replacement.
Old 23rd September 2021, 16:29   #348
Senior - BHPian

My bike's center stand has been rusted and got bent due to which I can not put my bike on center stand anymore.

Any pointers from where I can source the stand? I tried Hero's official site but can see center stand available for lower end models like passion etc.

https://eshop.heromotocorp.com/catal...MPLETE%2C+MAIN
Old 23rd September 2021, 16:50   #349
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt View Post
Any pointers from where I can source the stand? I tried Hero's official site but can see center stand available for lower end models like passion etc.
It's showing as available in safexbikes.com. link: https://safexbikes.com/productdetail...%2C843/ZMSHH04 I have no affiliation with this website. Nor did I order anything from it. I have read in this forum itself somebody ordering parts from this website. You can try your chances.
Old 27th September 2021, 21:29   #350
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudhi_des View Post
My bike has same issue and because of this i am not ridding it. My mechanic saying it is due to carburettor and need replacement.

Price is fine and Karizma carburetttor is costlier than others. You can buy it directly from Hero moto corp (online)
https://eshop.heromotocorp.com/carbu...00kry901s.html

Even i am not sure if this can be fixed by carburretor replacement.
Finally, my issue is now resolved. My friend owns a zma and upon his suggestion, went to hero authorized service center. They were confident that we just need to replace the vaccum slider. Replaced it without a second thought.

The bike now runs super smooth.

Total Cost, approx. Rs.950.

Now, even if the issue crops up again in some time, due to vaccum slider getting scratched since it sits in old carburetor body, this time I can be doubly sure that changing the carburetor will solve the issue. Considering high cost of zma carburetor, this looks like a win win.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks