Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th August 2014, 09:51   #211
Senior - BHPian

Re: Hero Honda Karizma Ownership Experience

The ZMA looks awesome.For fitting the 9 amp battery in the R series,one needs to swap the cage with that of the old zma and need to grind of the mount of the old cage on the chassis.
Old 12th August 2014, 14:22   #212
Senior - BHPian

As i said, there is no need to change the cage you just have to bend the clamp and bolt it. I will try to arrange a few photos from the black karizma.
Old 14th August 2014, 15:02   #213
Senior - BHPian

Here you go I have got some photos for you. I am sure this would help you mount the 9 amp battery without any major mods
Attached Thumbnails
Hero Honda Karizma Ownership Experience-img20140814wa0009.jpg  

Hero Honda Karizma Ownership Experience-img20140814wa0010.jpg  

Hero Honda Karizma Ownership Experience-img20140814wa0013.jpg  

Hero Honda Karizma Ownership Experience-img20140814wa0014.jpg  

Hero Honda Karizma Ownership Experience-img20140814wa0015.jpg  

Last edited by desideep : 14th August 2014 at 15:09.
desideep is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th August 2014, 23:56   #214
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyBoi View Post
All Done! Rode the bike back to Blore today and it was a dream!

The CRF230 cam seems to have boosted the low end tremendously. I was barely using 10% throttle and had to keep on changing gears fast so ads to not cross the 4K RPM run in threshold!

Few pics :

Attachment 1272941
Me Says : How I wish the HERO guys would see this and take a clue of designing for the new Karizma R, how I wish I should have bought the Karizma R before the launch of the new one.

My heart literally cries, why oh why did Hero Motocorp design the new 2014 bike so Ugly.

Hero Motocorp Says: This is how you kill a legend sir, done and done !!
The Great is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th November 2014, 10:42   #215
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakesh_r View Post
1-Upgraded the stock headlight to 55/60w phillips extreme
2-Removed the belly and fixed a leg guard.
3-Installed a Hella comet 550 on the leg guard.Swapped the halogen with a 35w HID.
4-Upgraded the stock battery to a 9Ah Aamron unit
For the electrical job,I guess Ruby electricals is the tried and tested in Bangalore,as heard from xBhp forum.
Thanks a lot for the information , any impact on the reflector after upgrading the bulb ?
How much did hella comet cost you and where did you source it from ?
Is a DC conversion required or a battery upgrade sufficient ?
Will a stock battery handle the load ?
Please share your experience with ruby electrical .
If you have any pictures of the light throw and focus , please post it here , it will be useful.
Old 5th November 2014, 10:59   #216
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by girimajiananth View Post
Thanks a lot for the information , any impact on the reflector after upgrading the bulb ?
How much did hella comet cost you and where did you source it from ?
Is a DC conversion required or a battery upgrade sufficient ?
Will a stock battery handle the load ?
Please share your experience with ruby electrical .
If you have any pictures of the light throw and focus , please post it here , it will be useful.
The reflector does take a beating but very slowly. The Hella set me back by 2k. Zma is already a DC bike no conversions required. Which model zma do you have.A stock battery will also do the job without a fuss. You just need to get hold of a decent electrician and a mechie to install the light.

Last edited by rakesh_r : 5th November 2014 at 11:00.
rakesh_r is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th November 2014, 09:25   #217
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakesh_r View Post
The reflector does take a beating but very slowly. The Hella set me back by 2k. Zma is already a DC bike no conversions required. Which model zma do you have.A stock battery will also do the job without a fuss. You just need to get hold of a decent electrician and a mechie to install the light.
Err , well , I ride a 2010 CBZ xtreme . It is not a DC bike and might have to get it converted . I am a bit skeptical about mechanics removing the alternator and not sealing it properly .
Old 6th November 2014, 11:51   #218
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by girimajiananth View Post
Err , well , I ride a 2010 CBZ xtreme . It is not a DC bike and might have to get it converted . I am a bit skeptical about mechanics removing the alternator and not sealing it properly .
I had a 2007 unicorn which i sold 3 years back.I had converted it to full DC and served me pretty well till I sold it. The bike is still running with the same set up without any issues. I guess most of the guys had got their job done at Ruby.
PS- I had gotten the job done at Mumbai with a good friend of mine.
rakesh_r is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th January 2015, 23:09   #219
Senior - BHPian

I tried to start my bike today exactly after one month. It was lying idle since last one month. But the bike just didn't start after trying for over 15-20 minutes.

I pulled in the choke, pressed the starter but after 8-10 attempts of cranking, the battery went low and trip meter got reset. Engine cranking sound was normal. Also before attempting self start I tried starting using kick but all in vain even after 15-20 kicks. The bike is in reserve fuel mode. But I don't think that should be any problem as in reserve, Karizma holds upto two liters of petrol in reserve.

I also tried opening fuel cap to get rid of any air lock kind of case. Upon shaking the bike, I can notice that there is still some fuel available in fuel tank.

Though from past one year, I have hardly used my bike. Often it remains unused for a period of 15-20 days at a stretch but all the time it comes to life within 5-7 kicks when I start it.

This is the first time my bike is totally refusing to start at all!

Any pointers? Or should I take it to a mechanic?

Last edited by bluevolt : 10th January 2015 at 23:14.
Old 10th January 2015, 23:50   #220
BHPian

Mostly in cases where start up seems hard, after doing the airlock thingie, the next would be ti put ignition off, turn on again and try. If still no budge, then fill in more fuel as the zma tank holds some petrol which can be heard sloshing around but is actually too low to get to the carb. Maybe most of the fuel evaporated. Also, do check if rodents have not got the better of your wiring harness. All depends on the area in which you stay....
pixantz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th January 2015, 21:03   #221
Senior - BHPian

Filled fresh one liter petrol and tried to start the bike but all in vain!
Old 11th January 2015, 21:24   #222
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt View Post
I tried to start my bike today exactly after one month. It was lying idle since last one month. But the bike just didn't start after trying for over 15-20 minutes.

Though from past one year, I have hardly used my bike. Often it remains unused for a period of 15-20 days at a stretch but all the time it comes to life within 5-7 kicks when I start it.
Quote:
Filled fresh one liter petrol and tried to start the bike but all in vain!
My Karizma too is in the same way as yours. It is hardly used now a days. 2009 to 2011 it covered 20000 kms. From 2011 to till date it has done 4000 kms. Currently odo is at 24K.

Whenever I want to use it for short stint, it doesn't start with 8-10 kicks. I keep full tank petrol always with fuel valve in 'OFF'.

Try the following:

1) First open the fuel filler cap and release the air lock;

2) Close the choke and switch off the ignition. Wait for 1-2 minutes;

3) Switch on the ignition, pull the choke;

4) Press the clutch lever and kick 5-6 times. Release the clutch and then try starting using the kick starter.

Last edited by a4anurag : 11th January 2015 at 21:26.
Old 12th January 2015, 00:31   #223
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post

Try the following:
Tried everything but couldn't get the engine running !

In my case, petrol level in bike was low for long time. From Aug 2013, the bike is used very intermittently and since then it has hardly covered around 1000-1500 kms. Current Odo Reading is 18,800 kms. So since the running has been very less and with low level of petrol(mostly in reserve with topping up of fuel worth Rs. 100) and bike standing still for long periods, I suspect, the carb jets are blocked. Will take the bike to nearby mechanic to get it checked and started.

Last edited by bluevolt : 12th January 2015 at 00:33.
Old 12th January 2015, 08:10   #224
BANNED

Quote:
So since the running has been very less and with low level of petrol(mostly in reserve with topping up of fuel worth Rs. 100) and bike standing still for long periods, I suspect, the carb jets are blocked. Will take the bike to nearby mechanic to get it checked and started.
Try one last thing:

1) Close the fuel valve;

2) Put the pipe that sends fuel from the tank to the carburettor;

3) Switch ON the valve and see if the fuel supply is constant or no. If not then the tank may need cleaning. If the fuel is steady then try draining the carburettor once.

Hope this works.
Old 12th January 2015, 10:10   #225
Senior - BHPian

Have you checked if the plug is fouled by any chance? Also, do check the fuses once.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks