Team-BHP > Motorbikes

Search this Thread
Old 26th November 2010, 21:58   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RT13 View Post
LOVIN the first video man! Perfect choice of music and editing. Really makes you feel the passion behind the chopper.

I'm glad I can be the first to post on that video.

Old School Pride indeed

Beautifully done Syed!
Quote:
Originally Posted by somspaple View Post
bike definitely looks good.

except for the high rake of the fuel tank(it is spoiling the lovely look) everything else looks neat!! testefully done.

and yeah sooper pics too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SRK View Post
More than the bike, I loved the pics and the video shooting, whoever shot them is great at his/her work.

The bike is nice too

Thanks for your appreciation guys...

Here are some unedited pics...
Old School Chopper...-gamble-big-05.jpg

Old School Chopper...-gamble-big-06.jpg

Old School Chopper...-gamble-big-07.jpg

Old School Chopper...-gamble-big-08.jpg
Old 26th November 2010, 22:22   #17
Senior - BHPian

Great work guys.
I am not too much into bikes but this one looks all right.
Loved the paint scheme.

Represents the spirit of Hyderabad perfectly. Old World Charm, with a dash of spice and colour. God I miss that city.
Old 2nd December 2010, 22:31   #18
BHPian

Wow

that really looks great and sounds good too....especially the silencer. i just loved it

would you mind sharing how much time and money it cost you?
Old 5th December 2010, 08:59   #19

Nice work. It would be more interesting to know the whole journey, from the concept to final work, road blocks faced, and the cost.

Note from the Team-BHP Support Team : Please take the time to use proper punctuation as per Team-BHP rules. Avoid...typing...like...this. Thanks.

Last edited by FlyingSpur : 5th December 2010 at 11:50. Reason: Please see Moderator note in post. Thanks.
Old 5th December 2010, 20:43   #20
BHPian

Hello,
First of all congrats on an attempt to make a old skool type bike, I always appreciate custom bikes more and believe we need more folks taking things forward professionally in this stream,
But here are some observations / suggestions (you may take it or leave it)
1. The sissy bar does not make sense as there is no pillion seat!
2. The rear mudguard is very small and considering the tyre tread it is gonna throw up a lot of dirt spills specially in monsoon (Dont wear leathers i suggest else they will be history)
3. The Air Filter positioning is little impractical as the conical design is to get more air into machine but placing it upright reduces the efficiency (experts can correct me on this)
4. Go for dual horns sir, a bike this size needs them
5. The Headlamp can be placed a little lower as the present position resembles a standard cruiser, you can swap the positions of number plate and headlamp to do it with minimum fuss

Overall, thumbs up for a great attempt and i wish the bike will evolve with fresh ideas pouring in from others as well
Old 18th December 2010, 18:20   #21
BHPian

Re: Old School Chopper...

@ Sridhar:
1.The sissy bar is optional as i said earlier. It was removed after the testing of the bike...
4. +1 to that.. I personally think the same.
5. We like it that way.

@ Nova:
I have asked my friends to give me a write up on the whole journey but they are busy planning for other bike.

@ novice:
It took them 2 months to build this bike.

PS:This bike is up for sale now, as they are planning to build another bike.
Old 18th December 2010, 21:49   #22
BANNED

They? Who is 'they'? You told me you are modifying a bullet! Its the same one
Old 18th December 2010, 22:48   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dustom_99 View Post
They? Who is 'they'? You told me you are modifying a bullet! Its the same one
Bro its not me who build the bike, its my friends..
I have mentioned it in the first post itself that my friends have modified the bullet not me...
Old 19th December 2010, 22:25   #24
Senior - BHPian

Hi,I always appreciate workmanship, when it comes to anything, be it automobiles, or others.

No, doubt effort has gone in and definetly kudos to that

But, personally, it does not stir any excitment in me and i find it very akward. I am more of a car person in nature, but am also an ardent fan of SBKs and exotic custom bikes. Apart from bikes in other countries, which are miles ahead of where we are in terms of testing our customizing spirit, have seen several great ones at some shows in Delhi. Primarily Bullet based.

The problem here is that the bike looks completely out of proportion. Too much gap between the engine and the tank, that was already prevalent on the thunderbird, assuming this was one. Puny tyres, silencer that sounds like the one on a circus bike, forks that are way too long, and futher more pronounced by the lack of thick rubber

Anyway, looks are completely subjective and cannot be liked be everyone. This is just my opinion, based on the custom bikes I have seen in india and abroad over several years

Peace

Last edited by thedreamcatcher : 19th December 2010 at 22:26.
Old 20th December 2010, 09:27   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by syedhafeez View Post
3 of my friend's have spent 2 months on building this bike. They wanted to share their work "GAMBLE BIG" and have asked me to post it..

First lets have some teaser's.
Will post more pics and details very soon..
Attachment 458313

Attachment 458314

Attachment 458315

Hey i think i saw the video's and pics of this bike on my friend Tharun's album is it the same bike??
Old 20th December 2010, 11:28   #26
BANNED

The paint work seems to be good,but it seems effort has been put in paint and graphic not in design. I looks out of propotion.
I would also advice you to consult a mech or structural engineer before elongating any thing.i am sure he would have heard something about buckling load factor.
Buckling load change by square of length, with elongated front forks(that too with tiny dia of bullet's) it might be 4 times or even more in this case. I am sure one can move the front wheel in lateral direction wrt to bike even by hand.
I know there is not too much choice available in frontforks off the shelf in india,but if you do elongate anything,you should design smething to keep the buckling tendency to minimal.
You can reduce the effictive length,that is one way of doing it.
Assuch front forks of bullet are already very weak,the get bent even in slightest of headons.
Old 20th December 2010, 11:58   #27
Senior - BHPian

dude i love your custom build. Its superb, and the best thing is its not 'trying' to be something else.

Kudos to your friends on the same. I guess custom builders should take a leaf out of your friends design and make the bullet chopper like a bullet chopper and NOT try to make then like how OCC makes them.

Cheers,
ac
Old 20th December 2010, 15:57   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acclero View Post
Hey i think i saw the video's and pics of this bike on my friend Tharun's album is it the same bike??
Yeah its the same bike..
Tharun has done the editing ..
Old 20th December 2010, 18:08   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ac 427 View Post
dude i love your custom build. Its superb, and the best thing is its not 'trying' to be something else.

Kudos to your friends on the same. I guess custom builders should take a leaf out of your friends design and make the bullet chopper like a bullet chopper and NOT try to make then like how OCC makes them.

Cheers,
ac
Firstly Thank you all for your appreciation and comments(suggestions).

@AC 427:
That was exactly what they wanted to do on the bike. The old school method of building bikes is unseen in India. We see custom bikes here which are more new school, With huge wide tyres, big curvaceous handle bars, fancy stickering, discs.
What they wanted to build was a clean, sober bike that could live up to what chopper bikes really are, instead of just glamourising the word "chopper". They haven't exactly hit that mark with GAMBLE BIG but came as close as they could considering that this is their first build.

There is no Stickering anywhere on the bike. No plastic parts. Nothing pretentious.

The tail lamp is from an Austin, pure leather seat, tank is from another classic bike. Most choppers put in alloys but they kept spokes...

Last edited by syedhafeez : 20th December 2010 at 18:27.
Old 20th December 2010, 22:49   #30
BANNED

Why did you delete such nice scintific data from your post?
I was amazing to know that atmospher will push more air in if you place airfilter vertical.
I mean you could end up with NOBEL prize for chemistry,as dalton and charles and ideal gas equation- PV= nRT fails to mention any thing about angle, till now it was thought that pressure is not direction specific,so these lads did not take into account any angle in there respective equations.
Your work is amazing,the way you caluculated the angle between oncoming air and atmospheric pressure,to be exactly 109.23 degree,is just phenomenal. I mean not even NASA is able to calculate angles to two points of decimal between something that streches 80km upwards (atmosphere) and ground level.
By the way charles law,boyels law,daltons law of partial pressure,and ideal gas equations are first taught in class 10 and 11.
This is school stuff

Most Viewed