Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th July 2011, 11:14   #751
BHPian

Re: Honda's 250cc Bike : CBR250R!

Quote:
Originally Posted by isodope View Post
Bike is usually on the sidestand - does this make the right bolt upright? Then it will collect more water than the left bolt. I've noticed this on the R15 - some bolts form a particular angle when parked that is ideal for rainwater collection, and therefore have rusted quicker.
That's a sensible explanation. Thanks Isodope.

Hopefully, I might visit the ASC today/tomorrow for the oil filter change and see what they have to say about the rusted bolt. They has promised a change as soon as they get their hands on spares.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rk_sans View Post
Pretty good so far. Keeping it below 5k till 400kms and now after 400kms increased till 6k.
That's pretty fast. So, how soon are you planning to get to 1K mark?

Hope you have got the filter sourced, if not let me know and I can have one picked for your bike if possible and courier it across.
Old 4th July 2011, 12:17   #752
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mantrig View Post
That's pretty fast. So, how soon are you planning to get to 1K mark?

Hope you have got the filter sourced, if not let me know and I can have one picked for your bike if possible and courier it across.
Hope to finish it in next 10 days max. Had a ride out of the city yesterday with n_aditya and JVH, so covered around 140 Kms.

thanks a lot . I am in touch with couple of dealers for my first service. As of now both of them have told it is available. I strictly told them that without a new oil filter i am not going to leave for service.

There is a service camp organised by Honda on Wednesday with one of the dealer, so planning to combine the 1st service and the checkup camp together. Couple of other CBR owners have planned to meet together on that day.
Old 4th July 2011, 13:02   #753
BHPian

Quote:
Which *** showroom do we have the filter available in Mumbai ? I have clocked 100km in the last couple of days, might finish 1k in another couple of weeks. But will slow down the kms topup, if the filter is unavailable.

Also do update once you hear about bolt replacements.
Old 4th July 2011, 14:51   #754
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by salunkhe.vizz View Post
Which *** showroom
The 3 stars above stand for After (A) Sales (S) Service (S) which when put together have been obviously auto-edited by the forum .. please ignore
Old 5th July 2011, 15:04   #755
BHPian

Some updates

Quote:
Hope to finish it in next 10 days max. Had a ride out of the city yesterday with n_aditya and JVH, so covered around 140 Kms.

thanks a lot . I am in touch with couple of dealers for my first service. As of now both of them have told it is available. I strictly told them that without a new oil filter i am not going to leave for service.

There is a service camp organised by Honda on Wednesday with one of the dealer, so planning to combine the 1st service and the checkup camp together. Couple of other CBR owners have planned to meet together on that day.
Wow, that must have been some ride.

Right now, the filters are available - But in limited numbers. As per my conversations last evening with the ASC engineer I was dealing with, "The filters are in limited numbers and its equal to the # of bikes sold more than a month back". Which means that are not considering the fact that someone might actually complete the running-in with a month.

Yes, even I was told that we are soon having some camp for folks from Mumbai and we will get to give our feedback and get our steeds checked thoroughly. I should get a call in a couple of weeks from now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by salunkhe.vizz View Post
Which *** showroom do we have the filter available in Mumbai ? I have clocked 100km in the last couple of days, might finish 1k in another couple of weeks. But will slow down the kms topup, if the filter is unavailable.

Also do update once you hear about bolt replacements.
Hello Vizz,

The Kandivli ASC has the oil filters in very few numbers. Have picked up a spare one, do let me know if you face any issues and you can pick it from me. I stay at Shivaji Park and work near Powai. So one of the days, we can plan to meet up just in case they run out of stocks again.

As far as the bolts replacement is concerned, I have been told that both the mirrors are to be replaced on all baby CBRs where the rusting has taken place. It is a problem with the bolts used and some new bikes yet to be delivered already had the chain and the RVM bolts rusted. As soon as they receive the mirrors, I will be called to come and get them replaced. And again, not just the bolts but entire RVM (RHS & LHS) assemblies.

He also mentioned, they looking at the rusting on chains and we might get those chains replaced which are from the first lot of bikes. They are getting some different chains now on newer bikes (earlier lots do not have that sticker - New Replace Chain), please refer to the pics below :-
mantrig is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th July 2011, 15:23   #756
Senior - BHPian

Re: Some updates

Quote:
Wow, that must have been some ride.
It was a great ride. I saw the red cbr 250 for the first time and loved the shade of red on it. Looked amazing with all that gloss.

Quote:
Had a ride out of the city yesterday with n_aditya and JVH, so covered around 140 Kms.
Hey, sorry we lost you on the way back. We stopped at Vikas Soudha for a few mins and clicked some pics.

Last edited by n_aditya : 5th July 2011 at 15:24.
n_aditya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th July 2011, 15:57   #757
BHPian

Quote:
He also mentioned, they looking at the rusting on chains and we might get those chains replaced which are from the first lot of bikes. They are getting some different chains now on newer bikes (earlier lots do not have that sticker - New Replace Chain), please refer to the pics below :-
Aditya - I agree, the red colour also looks hot. Infact, I would have gone for red had my previous two bikes not been red. Just that I had too much of red and maroon in my early days of riding.

Missed the pics in earlier post.

Mods, please merge the posts if possible - Inconvenience caused is highly regretted.
Attached Thumbnails
Honda's 250cc Bike : CBR250R!-img00463201107041513.jpg  

Honda's 250cc Bike : CBR250R!-img00464201107041513.jpg  

Honda's 250cc Bike : CBR250R!-img00465201107041514.jpg  

mantrig is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th July 2011, 16:29   #758
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I think that sticker shows the adjuster position when the chain is new, and also the stage when it should be replaced. It does not mean bikes with a new batch of chain.
Gansan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th July 2011, 16:36   #759
BHPian

Thanks for the Oil Filter offer, will keep you updated. Even I work at Powai

Between, I can see faint rust spots even on these new chains. God save CBR
Old 5th July 2011, 16:41   #760
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gansan View Post
I think that sticker shows the adjuster position when the chain is new, and also the stage when it should be replaced. It does not mean bikes with a new batch of chain.
That was my thought process too. However, the guy I was talking to yesterday had some other explanation to give and said this sticker is coming only with the bikes that are arriving post mid-June and they have made some changes due to earlier chains not living up to the expectations.

What am newbies like me supposed to do? Thanks to the internet we can share the updates and get your valuable inputs.
Old 5th July 2011, 17:36   #761
Senior - BHPian

Guys, just remember that this is an international launch, and in Honda's book this is an economical beginner's bike! That it is a luxury bike in India is a different story. So do expect a few niggles with it, but they won't take away the riding experience in any way! Just keep a can of WDM-5 handy and use it liberally!
Old 5th July 2011, 17:51   #762
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Guys, just remember that this is an international launch, and in Honda's book this is an economical beginner's bike! That it is a luxury bike in India is a different story. So do expect a few niggles with it, but they won't take away the riding experience in any way! Just keep a can of WDM-5 handy and use it liberally!
I do not know WDM-5 and could not find it using google. Do you mean WD-40?
Old 5th July 2011, 20:42   #763
Senior - BHPian

^^ I am sorry, I meant WD-40 of course! I typed that in a hurry while I was leaving office and a railway loco code has crept in!
Old 6th July 2011, 09:13   #764
Senior - BHPian

Anyone happen to get delivery of CBR from haiku Honda (Airport Rd Bangalore) and if so what was your bike booking number ? Am still on 129.............
Old 6th July 2011, 11:10   #765
BHPian

Quote:
+1 to that. If you don't have the sticker on your swingarm, please insist that you do. It's a good visual reminder of when you'll have to change your chain and sprockets.

Quote:
I'm sure that the 'economical beginner's bike' has better quality and features in other markets, which is why I'm annoyed with Honda India. If you're going to give me a global product, I want global standards - and this applies even more here because it is a premium product! It should NOT feel cheap in any way at all.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks