Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th June 2011, 16:47   #706
Senior - BHPian

Re: Honda's 250cc Bike : CBR250R!

Got my bike yesterday. Will soon start the ownership review. Munched some 100 kms till now. As i graduated from a very old generation bike to this new generation bike, will take sometime to get adjusted to the gears, etc.
Old 25th June 2011, 20:58   #707
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatienceWins View Post
I called dream honda as I came to know that the person with booking number 17 is getting his bike delivered, my booking number is 18. There seems to be shortage for silver colour. They promised to give delivery in 20-25 days if I opt for Black. I have opted for black.
Today I got a call from Dream Honda. My bike has left factory and should be in showroom on July 1st.

I am impressed as they are delivering it in two months (as per the original commitment), there are guys in bangalore who have been waiting for five months.

Hope the post ownership experience will be smooth.
Old 26th June 2011, 17:37   #708
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rk_sans View Post
Got my bike yesterday. Will soon start the ownership review. Munched some 100 kms till now. As i graduated from a very old generation bike to this new generation bike, will take sometime to get adjusted to the gears, etc.
Some more details please. When did you book it. Which dealer . ABS/non-ABS version.
Old 26th June 2011, 19:57   #709
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommie View Post
Some more details please. When did you book it. Which dealer . ABS/non-ABS version.
Booked on Apr 13th at Planet Honda, Rajajinagar. Red color, non-ABS. I was 22nd customer when i booked. The dealer told me that around 8-10 people were taking some time to make the payment, so i got it.
Where have you booked yours ?

Just a teaser photo before i can start my ownership review.
Attached Thumbnails
Honda's 250cc Bike : CBR250R!-dsc02467copy.jpg  

Old 26th June 2011, 20:47   #710
Senior - BHPian

Congrats rk sans. The bike looks very good in red.

Looking forward to the ownership report.
PatienceWins is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th June 2011, 22:11   #711
BHPian

Quote:

Congrats pal, looks really pretty in RED !

Waiting to read the ownership review soon. Please do post the link in this thread as well.
salunkhe.vizz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th June 2011, 01:55   #712
BHPian

Please update 0-60 and 0-100 timings once you guys are done with running them in. We need to compare this to the Ninja and see what Honda has given us for half the price.
Old 27th June 2011, 12:00   #713
BHPian

Quote:
Booked on Apr 13th at Planet Honda, Rajajinagar. Red color, non-ABS. I was 22nd customer when i booked. The dealer told me that around 8-10 people were taking some time to make the payment, so i got it.

Congrats RK_Sans. I booked on 15th March at Haiku Honda, Airport Road for ABS version. The booking number was #40 odd. According to the Sales Manager at Haiku, he says it would more than a month for the delivery. I am planning to cancel it anyways since it is not meeting my expectations. I might want to look at the Ninja 650 since the launch price is pretty attractive and also the diesel bike
Old 27th June 2011, 13:21   #714
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Congrats man! hope to spot you somewhere on Bangy road soon
Latheesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th June 2011, 13:25   #715
JVH
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:

Congrats Santosh! Your review would be interesting since you are upgrading from an old classic. How was the dealership experience? More importantly, how are they placed w.r.t spares and service personnel?
JVH is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th June 2011, 16:10   #716
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Congrats RK, She looks quite tempting in the red. Would be interesting to watch/read your ownership review on this.
ku69rd is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th June 2011, 18:52   #717
BHPian

I finally got the test drive today for close to 400 meters. I have decided to cancel my booking and got the booking amount right away.

Top Reason for Cancellation: Bike did not meet my expectations. In other terms, the DNA of the bike did not match with me.

Here is some feedback from my short ride with the pillion from the showroom:
- I felt its just age of grown up from a CBZ or Karizma in terms of performance and not a radical new generation micro-super bike. The steam would show up only in real racing track.
- Driving position too low for my size.
- Too much of vibrations for 450+ km done bike. I felt better driving a Machismo 500 or an RD 350 in terms of vibrations and smoothness.
- Its was no where close to an RD350 adrenaline rush on this. Felt more like driving on a Karizma in terms of this short commute.
- Found it difficult to take a full U-Turn
- The rear view mirrors bolts were already rusted
- Brakes felt awesome, stops right there. A real quick stopper that I have experienced on these class of bike (150CC+) bikes.
Old 27th June 2011, 19:31   #718
Senior - BHPian

Team,

I have booked CBR (non ABS) on 27th June and my booking number is 129, Not sure but he said it would take up to 4 months ? But he said we can book in multiple showrooms, but that said i have a question... Will that matter if i again book in a showroom if they took booking up to 60 and am 61, Is there a possibility i get the bike in second showroom early ?

I did a test drive, Just got amazed with the power delivery of CBR, very smooth gear shits. I feel digital speedo is just not that great as Analog coz i have Karizma R and thats just great when compared a pulsar/dazzler digital speedo. Looking at numbers for speed is not that cool as looking at Analog

How do i find the actual difference with and without ABS on CBR, coz we never get change to drive a non ABS for test drive. Any feedback on the difference is greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Mohan

PS: never interact/book your vehicle with Sphire honda (JP Nagar, Bangalore), the most arrogant people i have seen.I had very bad experience for CBR testdrive.
Old 27th June 2011, 22:14   #719
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommie View Post
- Its was no where close to an RD350 adrenaline rush on this. Felt more like driving on a Karizma in terms of this short commute.
Mate do compare apples to apples, RD in its hey day would outrun a Kwacker 750 triple, Reason : its a 2 stroker more engineered for on track performance compared to CBR which is good mixture of all genres combined.
Old 28th June 2011, 08:19   #720
BHPian

Went to Aditya Honda (Vasai) yesterday and found out that Prices have been increased by almost 5k since Mid May 2011.

Is this true all over India or location/dealer specific ?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks