Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th June 2011, 00:58   #691
Senior - BHPian

Re: Honda's 250cc Bike : CBR250R!

This afternoon I took a TD this afternoon at City Honda. ST Marks Rd.
  • Good performance, smooth delivery, bit more shove to be back expected and missing.
  • Did a hot lap around cubbon park and many heads including a CL350 rider turned to see what was coming.
  • Brakes are smooth, does not bite harshly
  • Seating position will take getting used to
My take is that its excellent value for money considering the price of the R15 and the Baby Ninja. Agreed that all three are actually in 3 different segments, in terms of specs and pricing.

If I could afford the Ninja 250 I would take it. However for me and many others who cannot afford the baby kawaker - this is a excellent option.

Booked it post the TD.

Nice review here. Coming from a American Bike mag the review is pretty reassuring.
If its already been posted apologies!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatienceWins View Post
I took one more test ride of the bike. I have decided to go for the bike as of now.

..I do not find it very refined, like a typical Honda bike. It may be an issue with the test ride bike.

The mid range is awesome. The riding conditions did not allow me to test top end properly. The top end does not seem to be as good as I expected.

The handling seems to be good.

I found it difficult to take U turns with a pillion.

It is a good bike, definitely value for money and suits most of my requirements. I intend to sell and upgrade once I improve my skills on CBR. The delivery will take atleast one more month. I intend to get some good quality riding gear in the meantime.
First off congrats!
Where did you book it from?
What was the waiting time assured?
I took a few sharp turns and was happy with the bike's handling
Felt quite refined for a RX user like myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ku69rd View Post
Mate, why don't you consider the baby Ninja? if you are planning to graduate to a SBK over the long run a twin cylinder should better fit in the bill than a single cylinder CBR. My 2 cents
Why should we not consider the Ninja 650 then? well its the pricing. I've said it before, sell the two pot Kawaker for 1.7L to make it more interesting and viable.

Many are already stretching their first/second bike budgets for the CBR, stretching it all the way to 2.9L not possible for all.

Quote:
Ninja is definitely a better bike. I am going for CBR as it is a jack of all trades (master of none) available at an attractive price. If I am going to hit track frequently, I will close my eyes and go for Ninja 250.

I thought about getting a Ninja 650 by straining my finance a little. I did not go for it mainly because I am not sure whether I have the maturity to handle a powerful bike. I want to be a very responsible rider and it makes sense to take very small steps, mainly in the beginning. Two wheelers are very unforgiving compared to four wheelers and I want to play it very safe (a family waiting for me). I am a guy who has been riding a 150 cc bike for the last 11 years. Let me first make myself worthy of a SBK.
Going by my lines earlier. If you can afford the 650 just buy it. I am sure you sound like someone with enough bike experience to handle it with caution.
Old 18th June 2011, 01:50   #692
Senior - BHPian

Congrats! It is nice to know that you have also booked the bike.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronWolf View Post
First off congrats!
Where did you book it from?
What was the waiting time assured?
I booked it from Dream Honda, Whitefield, towards the end of April.

The delivery is supposed to take atleast one more month. My booking number is 18, they have delivered only 3 bikes. The delivery would depend on the number of bikes delivered by Honda in a lot and their colours.

When are you supposed to get delivery?

The bike is definitely value for money.
Old 18th June 2011, 17:00   #693
Senior - BHPian

They said 2 months minimum to max of 4 months.
At least that sounded realistic to Dream telling me within 40 days.

BTW others looking for a TD - Haiku does not have a TD bike, Dream's TD bike either crashed or they sold it. They told me to check in 3-4 days.

City Honda's TD bike is in pretty good nick. + they let you take a decent route for a good TD.
Old 20th June 2011, 07:56   #694
BHPian

Quote:

I booked it from Dream Honda, Whitefield, towards the end of April.

The delivery is supposed to take atleast one more month.
B'lore def looks in a much better position. I booked in early April in Mumbai and still have a 6 month waiting

Booking number is 167th and till now only 10 bikes delivered !
Old 20th June 2011, 15:26   #695
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

BTW others looking for a TD - Haiku does not have a TD bike, Dream's TD bike either crashed or they sold it. They told me to check in 3-4 days.

City Honda's TD bike is in pretty good nick. + they let you take a decent route for a good TD.
Good you did not listen to Dream Honda. I think they are giving unrealistic commitments considering the pace at which delivery is happening.

I am surprised to know that Dream's test ride vehicle is no more as I took a test ride two weeks back. Thanks for sharing the information.
Old 21st June 2011, 01:30   #696
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay4587 View Post
its all in the head,and everything is in your hands.
i have seen people jumping from Zma's to R1's
Yes, if the rider is matured, knows he has ageing parents, a smiling wife & kid/s back home which need them. Surely not for college going kids or bikers (irrespective of age) who treat the accelerator as an 'on off switch'
Quote:
and getting litre class bikes as first bikes.
Not exactly recommended, right?
Quote:
if you can purchase the 650,i would say go for it.
A 650 Jap for such a sweet price is irresistible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.s View Post
+
One of our members had a signature. I think it was Sheel:
"You can ride a 1 slow, but you cant ride a 6 fast!!" or something on similar lines which makes a lot of sense given your scenario.
It read as " You can ride a 1 ( a liter) slow, but can't make a 6 ( a 600, super sport variety) fast.

Quote:
You can take it slow on the 650 to start off and then open up as and when you feel more confident.
Believe me most riders, who are going to stay away from race tracks and know the evils associated with liters (much more fast than most can comprehend & react, hence unsafe, expensive and not a bike which most can ride out everyday, un practical as most aren't Rossi on a race track and nor are they Nick Sanders who tours on a R1 off all things) shall stay much happy with buying the ER-6f.

Liters are sweet, 0-60 in under 3 secs and 1st gear takes you across almost 100, the sweet sounding I-4's V4's and twins.

And its a must to have a liter in your garage if you can buy one, it makes life worth while and its a high which can't be satiated by any other thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollin' Thunda View Post
T
Live your own life, for you will die your own death.

Ride safe.
Well said.

I have skipped few pages and haven't kept a tab, but read over forums that few are facing few hiccups with the CBR-250R, any fellow T-Bhpians?

It was really nice of others to share about the flaws w/o any emotions or biasness, kudos to them.

Coming back to topic, the CBR 250R and the Kawasaki ER-6f make for one of the best VFM deals today in Indian market and you can go wrong with neither. You might get bored of a 250R sooner but the 650 shall be a keeper.

Once a Motorcyclist, always a Motorcyclist
Old 21st June 2011, 01:39   #697
Senior - BHPian

Om Sai Honda in Malad, Mumbai has reached upto 130 from the booking count. My friend got a phonecall yesterday morning asking for the payment. Delivery would be in 2 days.
Old 21st June 2011, 08:09   #698
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pranavt View Post
Om Sai Honda in Malad, Mumbai has reached upto 130 from the booking count. My friend got a phonecall yesterday morning asking for the payment. Delivery would be in 2 days.
Wow thats a feat, Venetian Honda less than 5 kms away has still managed to deliver only 10 Bikes inspite of having a 200+ bookings. Your friend on booking number 130 - when had he booked ?

Does anyone on the forum know how the bikes are being distributed from the Company to the showrooms ? Is it based on booking dates or purely the showrooms negotiation power and goodwill at the company delivery centre ?
Old 21st June 2011, 10:41   #699
BHPian

1. I've been trying to pass my booking on to someone since I don't want to let my six-month suffering go wasted, but the dealer is saying that he can't pass on my booking to someone else. They're willing to take anyone's money, but ONLY my documents. Has anyone else faced this? Any thoughts?

2. Spent all Sunday with a non-ABS variant. The ABS is the one to go for - the Bybre unit lacks feel and progression. Will ride again after it has bedded in to see if there's a difference. Engine had LOTS of tappet noise (think of what Karizmas sound like at idle when warm) and the engine foundation bolts were so loose, one could be tightened by hand. Also noticed that the tank cap isn't hinged, which is okay, but it has a gap between the rubber seal and the tank itself, so if your bike is left in the rain uncovered, you can expect rusting issues there soon. Speaking of which, the bolts that hold the mirror arms had already rusted - and this bike was 48 hours old. Dealer didn't provide saree guard at all, and no word on whether the customer will receive it.

It still is THE bike to buy for 90% of the public, however. Especially if you're planning on riding two up.
isodope is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st June 2011, 23:03   #700
Senior - BHPian

This non transfer of booking is across showrooms. In fact it is the only point in a higher size font and in red color.

My understanding is that they dont want any one to book and sell their booking to someone else. Then there will be a line of folks ready to make a quick buck off this.

I am sure they will refund the full amount.

In terms of bolts being loose, that is surprising.
Old 22nd June 2011, 10:41   #701
BHPian

Quote:
This non transfer of booking is across showrooms. In fact it is the only point in a higher size font and in red color.

My understanding is that they dont want any one to book and sell their booking to someone else. Then there will be a line of folks ready to make a quick buck off this.

In terms of bolts being loose, that is surprising.
The dealers are making money anyway - so much for clamping down on THAT. If they were halfway serious about doing this, they would've taken the person's documents when booking so that they really can't do anything but cancel the booking if they don't want the bike. Rolls eyes.
Old 22nd June 2011, 10:57   #702
BHPian

Quote:

All showrooms do not have a refundable booking amount policy. Atleast a couple of showrooms in Mumbai that I have dealt with do not give refunds on the CBR booking amount.
Old 22nd June 2011, 12:11   #703
Senior - BHPian

I called dream honda as I came to know that the person with booking number 17 is getting his bike delivered, my booking number is 18. There seems to be shortage for silver colour. They promised to give delivery in 20-25 days if I opt for Black. I have opted for black.
Old 22nd June 2011, 14:42   #704
BHPian

Quote:

Today I went to Haiku Honda, Airport Road for a test drive. They said the vehicle is not available for test drive since it was sent to the Honda Bangalore Regional office for some purpose. He did not say what was the reason why it was sent to the regional office. I find something fishy in this .

Again I have no clue on my delivery status even though I booked it during Mid-March 2011. I am totally unhappy about the transparency that Honda is giving its customers about the test drives and delivery dates.
Old 23rd June 2011, 19:30   #705
BHPian

Owners Manual - CBR 250

Came across the manual while browsing the net (source:- cbr250.org). Should be helpful for people who have not received their manuals but have their bikes delivered.

P.S.:- This is for the Malaysian model, however should not be much different from what we have here.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf CBR250R-Owners Manual.pdf (2.01 MB, 905 views)

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks