Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th June 2011, 22:12   #676
BHPian

Re: Honda's 250cc Bike : CBR250R!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsmonu View Post
However, I had a test ride in Gurgaon.. I'm 6' tall and to be honest, I didn't like the bike much at all. It seemed much smaller (puny) when considering to the actual pics and videos I'd seen earlier.
I am 5'11'' and quite heavy. The bike is as big as a FZ (probably a tad bigger). It is not SBK size, but not small at all. At this price, this is the biggest bike you can get.

Quote:
The MOST important point for me is the power and feel of the bike right from the low-range which is a failure in my opinion considering the design and ergo's on this one. It seemed to pull even slower than the Pulsar 220, considering I revved well beyond the mid range (to 7-8k rpm) right from the start.
This should be a problem with the test-ride bike. One thing consistent among reviews is that it is faster than a Ninja 250 in 0-60 kmph. I own one, and I can say that it pulls cleanly from 0. And low end torque in CBR250R is IDEAL for city riding. That said, my CBR feels suddenly feels slower in midrange (at about 450 km on odo) - Probably a visit to service center should fix it. But, the pull from motor in lower revvs will plaster a smile on your face for sure.

Quote:

On the good part, the handling, braking, COG round the corners felt great.. So, I'm just gonna try for the Ninja 6L now, and hope I can manage enough bucks! :P
The bike feels better than my R15 in corners! My run in is not complete, and in a particular corner (steep one) where I test my exit speed limits, 64 kmph was my best ever in R15, and without effort, I hit 69 in CBR. I am sure I can hit 75-80 in CBR in that exit.

CBR is not at all bad in corners. (it is quite awesome)

But the build quality SUCKS as in SUCKS. My ownership review is pending
sriramv.iyer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th June 2011, 10:46   #677
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatienceWins View Post
I am confused whether to take delivery of the bike. So, it would be great if you guys share experience with respect to the following:

I am 6'2" tall, I did not find the riding position comfortable - The forward lean position with high foot rests. I intend to use the bike mainly for long rides. So, do u think the riding position will be comfortable for a tall guy for long rides?

There have been some reports that the ABS pulse is predominantly felt while braking. The brake feel is not not good in ABS version etc. Is it recommeded to go for the ABS version? I will go for it only if it is worth the premium charged by Honda.

On long rides if you're going to ride at least at 80kmph, the wind blast will take some of the weight off your wrists, so don't worry about it. Even the R15 can be a comfortable tourer but only if you keep riding it fast Even if you want reduced windblast, wait a while for aftermarket screens. I think some have already surfaced in Thailand.

ABS is worth every single penny you spend on it in any vehicle, but especially on a motorcycle in our conditions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EssYouWe View Post
From all the short reviews I have read, no one has indicated any problems with the braking on the non-ABS version.

For a 6'2" guy:
Attachment 556913

So a knee angle of 71 degs does not look too comfortable. Actually this is something that ticks me off as well. I prefer having my legs as close to perpendicular as possible.

How does one calculate these angles, especially the forward lean angle? If there's a link, will someone please provide it?
Old 9th June 2011, 11:05   #678
Senior - BHPian

^

Motorcycle Ergonomics

Navpreet shared the link on some other thread, I just used it.
EssYouWe is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th June 2011, 08:24   #679
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasmeetsingh View Post
This is my CBR i got it on 31st may.
Congrats Bro, looks really sexy with water droplets on it
salunkhe.vizz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th June 2011, 00:29   #680
Senior - BHPian

I took one more test ride of the bike. I have decided to go for the bike as of now.

The riding position is not comfortable in city traffic conditions for a tall guy . The plus point is that the bike feels light and easily flickable. It reminded me of Apache RTR. So, you can manage it in city traffic. The bike likes to be revved and it belongs to the highway. I will use my trusted Fiero (2000 model) for commuting and CBR for long rides/ off-peak rides.

I do not find it very refined, like a typical Honda bike. It may be an issue with the test ride bike.

The mid range is awesome. The riding conditions did not allow me to test top end properly. The top end does not seem to be as good as I expected.

The handling seems to be good.

I found it difficult to take U turns with a pillion.

It is a good bike, definitely value for money and suits most of my requirements. I intend to sell and upgrade once I improve my skills on CBR. The delivery will take atleast one more month. I intend to get some good quality riding gear in the meantime.

Last edited by PatienceWins : 12th June 2011 at 00:34.
Old 14th June 2011, 14:08   #681
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
It is a good bike, definitely value for money and suits most of my requirements. I intend to sell and upgrade once I improve my skills on CBR. The delivery will take atleast one more month. I intend to get some good quality riding gear in the meantime.
Mate, why don't you consider the baby Ninja? if you are planning to graduate to a SBK over the long run a twin cylinder should better fit in the bill than a single cylinder CBR. My 2 cents
Old 14th June 2011, 15:13   #682
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ku69rd View Post
Mate, why don't you consider the baby Ninja? if you are planning to graduate to a SBK over the long run a twin cylinder should better fit in the bill than a single cylinder CBR. My 2 cents
Ninja is definitely a better bike. I am going for CBR as it is a jack of all trades (master of none) available at an attractive price. If I am going to hit track frequently, I will close my eyes and go for Ninja 250.

I thought about getting a Ninja 650 by straining my finance a little. I did not go for it mainly because I am not sure whether I have the maturity to handle a powerful bike. I want to be a very responsible rider and it makes sense to take very small steps, mainly in the beginning. Two wheelers are very unforgiving compared to four wheelers and I want to play it very safe (a family waiting for me). I am a guy who has been riding a 150 cc bike for the last 11 years. Let me first make myself worthy of a SBK.

Also, I hope I will be able to do justice to a CBR as my cycle (no motor), Cannondale F9, is gathering dust in the basement.
Old 14th June 2011, 15:21   #683
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Ninja is definitely a better bike. I am going for CBR as it is a jack of all trades (master of none) available at an attractive price. If I am going to hit track frequently, I will close my eyes and go for Ninja 250.

I thought about getting a Ninja 650 by straining my finance a little. I did not go for it mainly because I am not sure whether I have the maturity to handle a powerful bike. I want to be a very responsible rider and it makes sense to take very small steps, mainly in the beginning. Two wheelers are very unforgiving compared to four wheelers and I want to play it very safe (a family waiting for me). I am a guy who has been riding a 150 cc bike for the last 11 years. Let me first make myself worthy of a SBK.

Also, I hope I will be able to do justice to a CBR as my cycle (no motor), Cannondale F9, is gathering dust in the basement.
its all in the head,and everything is in your hands.
i have seen people jumping from Zma's to R1's and getting litre class bikes as first bikes.
if you can purchase the 650,i would say go for it.
akshay4587 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th June 2011, 15:35   #684
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay4587 View Post
its all in the head,and everything is in your hands. if you can purchase the 650,i would say go for it.
+1 to the above. If you can afford the 650, albeit at a stretch, go for it.

One of our members had a signature. I think it was Sheel:
"You can ride a 1 slow, but you cant ride a 6 fast!!" or something on similar lines which makes a lot of sense given your scenario.

You can take it slow on the 650 to start off and then open up as and when you feel more confident.
Old 14th June 2011, 15:58   #685
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sriramv.iyer View Post
I got my Red CBR last Friday - Good bike, mixed feelings - mostly positive

I'll post my experiences in a separate thread... (sammyboy needs to kick my a$$ for the final push (for review) as always!! )
Quote:
Originally Posted by sriramv.iyer View Post
My ownership review is pending
Hey Sriram, congrats on getting the CBR man. When did this happen?
Regarding the review, here I am sorry for the delay lol... let me be the one to push you (again )
I know I am no better though :P
Do post a comparo with your R15 too. Time for a ride now, been planning one together for ages, lets have one now.

Last edited by sammyboy : 14th June 2011 at 16:00.
Old 14th June 2011, 17:48   #686
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
i have seen people jumping from Zma's to R1's and getting litre class bikes as first bikes.
Agree mate, but a majority of it depends on the mindset . My first vehicle was a Lambretta Li-150 and then i help myself into a RD 350. People were shocked but end of the day if you are able to carry yourself then nothing like it.
Old 14th June 2011, 21:05   #687
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.s View Post
+1 to the above. If you can afford the 650, albeit at a stretch, go for it.
To persons being advised to buy a more powerful bike than they feel comfortable with, this old Latin saying seems appropriate:

Live your own life, for you will die your own death.

Ride safe.
Old 16th June 2011, 08:20   #688
BHPian

Any update on the new batch of deliveries ?
Old 16th June 2011, 11:01   #689
Senior - BHPian

Did anybody sight this bike in Chennai? I have not seen even one so far.
Old 16th June 2011, 11:42   #690
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gansan View Post
Did anybody sight this bike in Chennai? I have not seen even one so far.
I have seen a couple near my place, both were of this colour (the plates were different)

http://bikeadvice.s3.amazonaws.com/w...0/CBR250R8.jpg

However on a recent trip to CBE , I saw more ...should have expected that.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks