Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd May 2011, 10:36   #646
BHPian

Re: Honda's 250cc Bike : CBR250R!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BANDHAV View Post
^^Are you sure? What's the source of information?
I'm sure, because it's a reliable source. And I'm terribly sorry but I can't reveal my source. I just hope that I'm proved right - even though that means my purchasing a Ninja this month was a foolish move!
Old 23rd May 2011, 11:42   #647
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by isodope View Post
I'm sure, because it's a reliable source. And I'm terribly sorry but I can't reveal my source. I just hope that I'm proved right - even though that means my purchasing a Ninja this month was a foolish move!
So does that mean, Kawi is now pulling a honda on us (read highly localized content)?

When do you expect the prices to be revealed?
Old 23rd May 2011, 12:29   #648
Senior - BHPian

International Prices of the two 250's are almost similar.
So If Bajaj can price it in the region of 1.8-2L Ex Shwroom,it will be worth the premium over the CBR250.
I rode the baby Ceeber again,and i was not impressed.
Old 23rd May 2011, 13:35   #649
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay4587 View Post
So If Bajaj can price it in the region of 1.8-2L Ex Shwroom,it will be worth the premium over the CBR250.
+1 to this. .. a marginal increase in ninja's price over cbr is well worth it. My only grouse is bajaj's (in)famous after-sales servicing of the ninja
Old 23rd May 2011, 14:37   #650
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarthikK View Post
+1 to this. .. a marginal increase in ninja's price over cbr is well worth it. My only grouse is bajaj's (in)famous after-sales servicing of the ninja
really ? have not heard of bad servicing by bajaj on ninja as they have specially trained people that do work on the ninjas . 2 of my frnds own a ninja and both are satisfied by servicing though its costly .
Old 23rd May 2011, 15:36   #651
e46
BHPian

@isodope:
If the news you are speculating turns out to be true, it cant get sweeter than this. Pitching it in the 1.8-2.0 L range would have a rippling effect in the market, and prices of pre owned bikes would also fall in sub 1.5 lacs. not to offend existing owners, but this move would bring a lot of CBR customers to pro biking stores.

Abhishek
Old 23rd May 2011, 15:38   #652
BHPian

Got the glimpse of a black near thiruvanmiyur RTO. Some nitwit +1 were trying to their best at becoming human crayons at the crowded intersection. Hope that nitwit is not a member here! If he is, perhaps he should do the racing at the track!
Old 24th May 2011, 03:33   #653
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I highly doubt this since the Ninja is already through CKD route, and such a price reduction would require very heavy localisation.

I suspect the price to come down to the region of 2.4L to 2.5L. It would still be a nice premium to pay for the extra performance. Ninja for race track performance and CBR for the sports tourers.
Old 24th May 2011, 08:27   #654
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay4587
In the usa the CBR 250 R is priced equivalent to the carb version of the ninja. The Fi version that we get in india retails at about Rs. 3 lakhs in the UK.
Old 24th May 2011, 10:38   #655
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
I highly doubt this since the Ninja is already through CKD route, and such a price reduction would require very heavy localisation.

I suspect the price to come down to the region of 2.4L to 2.5L. It would still be a nice premium to pay for the extra performance. Ninja for race track performance and CBR for the sports tourers.
^What he said. What I've heard is that they're targeting Rs 30,000, which makes it 2.5 lakh. Am trying to find out more, will post as and when I get something to post.

@Narula: the pricing in the US is about economics. If they price it higher they need a compelling reason, which they don't have - the Ninja is more suited to the American way of thinking about motorcycles. And they can't make it very cheap, either, because besides cutting profits it could give people the wrong impression about the product.
Old 24th May 2011, 13:24   #656
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by isodope View Post
Wait a bit. Bajaj is trying hard to drop the price of the Ninja by a significant amount.
This is indeed good news. Nothing like competition to sweeten deals for customers.

Quote:
Like I said earlier in this/another thread. If both the bikes are priced on par or if the N250 is priced at a slight premium, its going to kill the CBR's expected sales.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarthikK View Post
Service at your city's top SBK garage. if you want the best.
Old 24th May 2011, 17:03   #657
BHPian

Can anyone on the forum advise me on whether accepting a 'display bike' delivery is ok or not? I have checked its odo, its not run more than 5km (warehouse to showroom).

The dealer does not allow anyone to touch the bike, so no scratches etc. Still have my doubts, so wanted a second opinion ..
Old 24th May 2011, 17:28   #658
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by salunkhe.vizz View Post
Can anyone on the forum advise me on whether accepting a 'display bike' delivery is ok or not? I have checked its odo, its not run more than 5km (warehouse to showroom).

The dealer does not allow anyone to touch the bike, so no scratches etc. Still have my doubts, so wanted a second opinion ..
Since its a display bike and not a test ride vehicle, there should not be an issue. And if we are talking about the Grey/Sliver CBR kept in Malad showroom then there are no issues at all.

Also, which showroom are we talking about? I know someone at the Malad showroom well and can have a word with him to get any doubts answered. Let me know and we will get this cleared for you.
mantrig is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th May 2011, 17:38   #659
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mantrig View Post
Since its a display bike and not a test ride vehicle, there should not be an issue. And if we are talking about the Grey/Sliver CBR kept in Malad showroom then there are no issues at all.
Thanks mate!! No its not from Malad showroom, actually I am trying a shortcut. I wanted this bike real bad and real soon, so I started calling up all dealers in tier 2 cities near Mumbai, finally found one dealer ready to sell his display bike.

Saw it in flesh today, so the plan is to either register on my cousins name who stays there and ride the bike back home or just buy from that dealer and register the bike in Mumbai through some local RTO agent.

Pain points:
1) Display bike
2) From the first batch of manufacturing. From the details mentioned in the forum regarding test bikes screwing up, coupled with the fact that the second batch is taking so long to come which I perceive as some defect that they are fixing - I am in two minds.
3) Not my choice of color (its Black/Silver, I wanted Red/Silver)
4) Might have to register on my Cousins name initially and later transfer to my name maybe in the near future

Pros:
1) I don't have to wait another 6+ months as informed by the dealer
2) I get to ride the bike 300 kms as soon as I buy it (Road Trip )

HELP !!

p.s: I have originally booked at Venetian Honda (Kandivli) - Waiting number 167
Old 31st May 2011, 08:27   #660
BHPian

I finally decided to not go for the Black Silver model through the "Jugaad" route and wait for the Red one.

Does anyone on the forum know when is the next batch of deliveries starting at the Honda showrooms ?

Or has any other team-bhp member for their deliveries yet ?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks