Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th May 2011, 18:59   #586
Senior - BHPian

Re: Honda's 250cc Bike : CBR250R!

Last week I saw 1 CBR on road in Mumbai and 1 in Pune.
So far not 1 spotted in Bangalore.

Any team-BHPian got his CBR?

Quote:
Originally Posted by veyron1 View Post
For thrills, however, I'd look elsewhere. But then, I'm speaking from an SBK perspective. In all honesty, the CBR is worth every asking rupee. I'd, however, go in for the non-ABS version & plonk in better tyres, if I were in the market for a CBR...
Veyron - very interesting write up.

My colleague was going to book his CBR tomorrow, we had the same discussion on the need for ABS on a 1.5L bike when not all bikes have ABS. Would one be able to transition to a non-ABS bike so easily?

For those who want to buy the ABS - to each his own. I completely agree its a good safety feature, however IMPO think its just softens us up.

And I would rather like to control my rear and front braking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatienceWins View Post
I just booked a CBR with ABS from Dream Honda. It's close to my house. They have 18 bookings as of now, 7 are for ABS. They cannot promise an estimated delivery date. Anyway, I will decide on whether to buy the bike only after a test ride. They are supposed to get a bike for test ride this weekend.
Hey PW congrats on booking. you will decide to buy only later?
So you did not have to pay anything for the booking?
Where is Dream Honda?

Quote:
Originally Posted by akhil_007 View Post
. But what I meant was, how can any lady wearing a saree sit side-ways on this bike, since the pillion seat is soooo high.
And thats the most disgusting looking saree guard ever. The one on the R1 (Yes the R1 has to be registered with Saree guard) blends really well with the bike.

The two things which have to come off a registered CBR are the front numberplate clamps and the sari guard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
You're right abt a and c but crash guard is not required IIRC.
Apparently all the CBRs I see registered here dont have a crash guard.
So I guess crash guard is not needed.
Old 11th May 2011, 19:21   #587
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mantrig View Post
So traditionally, I have not faced this issue. I would not mind having just a Toe shifter and per you suggestion I will check around if any of the current available models has a Toe shifter which can be a direct fit.
After you've got your elongated lever, just make sure that when you're in first and leaned over on the left that it's still the footpeg that touches the ground first. I'm 6' tall but have got long legs so have been trying to find a solution for the Karizma and R15 but nothing to my satisfaction so far because of this problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mantrig View Post
Coming to additional details, I need a sincere advice on whether Teflon coating is something I should consider. I normally shampoo wash and wax coat my bike once in two weeks.

Teflon Coating :- Rs. 750/- 3 coats, each after an interval of 6 months. Do you think this is worth the money?

# Plates :- Not provided with the bike. I have to buy them for 275/- normal ones or embossed plates costing 1200/- or 1000/- not sure.
I've no issues with the teflon coating, but that's the job your clear coats are supposed to do in the first place. Secondly, the teflon coating comes off in bits, and the ridges that remain attract dust - the entire bike looks dull when this begins to happen and no amount of waxing will help this. Stick to no teflon, shampoo, wax and plastic treatment.

Last I checked the lookalike-security number plates costed less than Rs 1000 in Thane.

Last edited by manson : 11th May 2011 at 19:44. Reason: Kindly use Edit button to merge posts whilst posting within twenty minutes from the first post.
isodope is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th May 2011, 19:23   #588
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronWolf View Post
Apparently all the CBRs I see registered here dont have a crash guard.
So I guess crash guard is not needed.
I don't know, they along with sari guard and RVM were mandatory not so long back, before bikes with full fairing appeared on the scene. May be in those bikes the full fairing acts as a crash guard. Has anyone seen a naked bike registered without a crash guard? Some may be running around without one, but at the time of registration?
Old 12th May 2011, 14:13   #589
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronWolf View Post
Hey PW congrats on booking. you will decide to buy only later?
So you did not have to pay anything for the booking?
Where is Dream Honda?
The booking amount is Rs.5000, which is completely refundable. They will give you a cheque when you cancel the booking.

I am not very impressed after the test ride. It's a good bike, but did not meet my expectations with respect to power. The mid range is very good. Most probably, I will cancel the booking.

Dream Honda is on Varthur Road, on the right side when you go from Marathahalli to Whitefield (towards forum value mall) by crossing Kundanahalli signal.
Old 12th May 2011, 14:34   #590
BHPian

Quote:
The booking amount is Rs.5000, which is completely refundable. They will give you a cheque when you cancel the booking.

I am not very impressed after the test ride. It's a good bike, but did not meet my expectations with respect to power. The mid range is very good. Most probably, I will cancel the booking.

Dream Honda is on Varthur Road, on the right side when you go from Marathahalli to Whitefield (towards forum value mall) by crossing Kundanahalli signal.
Hey PatienceWins! What would be the on-road price for CBR250?
Give the Ninja 250 a chance. But if it isn't within your budget, it is a long stretch. It is a beautiful bike. Far more appealing than the CBR IMO and excellent mid range as well.

P.S: Is Dream Honda the Honda showroom which is opposite to that Suzuki showroom somewhere near Domlur?
Skye1592 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th May 2011, 15:07   #591
BANNED

Dream Honda is in Whitefield. The one is Domlur is Haiku Honda. STAY AWAY from this showroom. They are proper cheats.
Old 12th May 2011, 15:20   #592
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
Dream Honda is in Whitefield. The one is Domlur is Haiku Honda. STAY AWAY from this showroom. They are proper cheats.
Hey Spitfire! Thanks for the clarification.
Noted. Why though? I was there just the other day, for the TD of the Unicorn. They seemed alright.
Old 12th May 2011, 15:27   #593
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skye1592 View Post
They seemed alright.
To a person who could see through them no.

Dream Honda is Whitefield are much much better.
Spitfire is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th May 2011, 15:28   #594
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rk_sans View Post
@mantrig,
Go for Extended Warranty but i would suggest against Teflon coating. i personally feel it is waste of money(even though it is just Rs.750 compared to 1.5 lakhs+ for the bike).
I too was skeptical about going in for the Teflon coating. EW is something I did not even want to give a second thought over. I am going for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by v&v View Post
Yes EW is very much required. Even i too think it better get polishing donr rather than teflon.
Can you share the exclusions in EW.
Thanks V&V, I will be taking the EW - Details are awaited. I have asked the sales rep to email me the details. From what little idea he had, the EW will be valid for 5 years (2 + 3 yrs of EW) or 30K kms -whichever is earlier.

As soon as I have more details, I shall post them here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by isodope View Post
After you've got your elongated lever, just make sure that when you're in first and leaned over on the left that it's still the footpeg that touches the ground first. I'm 6' tall but have got long legs so have been trying to find a solution for the Karizma and R15 but nothing to my satisfaction so far because of this problem.

This was certainly a valuable input. I will ensure I keep your advice in mind while looking around for available options. Thanks!!

I've no issues with the teflon coating, but that's the job your clear coats are supposed to do in the first place. Secondly, the teflon coating comes off in bits, and the ridges that remain attract dust - the entire bike looks dull when this begins to happen and no amount of waxing will help this. Stick to no teflon, shampoo, wax and plastic treatment.

Last I checked the lookalike-security number plates costed less than Rs 1000 in Thane.
From the strong feedback I am getting - No Teflon for sure. As far as the # plates are concerned - I will settle with the basic ones for 275/- for now. I can get mine made to my taste later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gansan View Post
I don't know, they along with sari guard and RVM were mandatory not so long back, before bikes with full fairing appeared on the scene. May be in those bikes the full fairing acts as a crash guard. Has anyone seen a naked bike registered without a crash guard? Some may be running around without one, but at the time of registration?
Gansan - We got another RE Classic in less than a month back. And even this bike got registered only with the saree guard - No crash guard.

The same was the case even with my classic. On the other hand, my dad's HH Achiever came along with a crash guard and he was charged for it separately as an additional accessory but that was not applicable to the saree guard.

So I believe, we can assume that the saree guard is a mandate but not the crash guards.
Old 12th May 2011, 16:13   #595
Senior - BHPian

^^ OK. But I think it is foolhardy to ride a naked bike,especially a Bullet, without a crash guard. The rider may even lose a leg.
Old 12th May 2011, 16:22   #596
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skye1592 View Post
Hey PatienceWins! What would be the on-road price for CBR250?
I do not remember the exact price. ABS version is around 1.9 lakhs and non-ABS version is 25K cheaper.
Old 12th May 2011, 16:33   #597
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by isodope View Post

Teflon coating what all these people will do is all gimmicky. I was also once fooled when i got FZ, teflon coating for Rs 500, with 3 free coating. Then i realised It just waxing that too low quality waxing, which wont last even 15 days. Its better to buy wax like collinite which at least protects for 6 months.
Old 12th May 2011, 16:47   #598
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gansan View Post
^^ OK. But I think it is foolhardy to ride a naked bike,especially a Bullet, without a crash guard. The rider may even lose a leg.
I agree, thats the reason I got a crash guard the same day that I got the bike delivered. Mainly, because he was also going to be using the bike.

Quote:
I do not remember the exact price. ABS version is around 1.9 lakhs and non-ABS version is 25K cheaper.
Check this link for prices in your city/state :- CBR 250R

@ Shamanth - I agree with you, it sounds too fishy. And my worry is not the money but the damage it might end up causing as suggested by a few on the forum.
Old 12th May 2011, 16:51   #599
BANNED

These days the paint quality that comes on our bikes is quite good.

I have 3 bikes in Goa and I stay about 200 meters away from the shore. Other then minor rust bits here and there a well kept vehicle did not see any issues.

The rust got it only at scratches and other exposed areas. In places like bangalore and others Teflon coating would probably never be required.
Spitfire is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th May 2011, 18:52   #600
Senior - BHPian

Okay so no to haiku and on my way to dream for a test ride shortly.

Yamaha needs to bring a attractively priced made in india twin. Right now someone looking for a 250cc bike has 2 options in two completely differnt price buckets.

OT my first post through the iPhone app. am loving it. If you dont know it's on iTunes and the android market

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks