Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th May 2011, 11:52   #571
BHPian

Re: Honda's 250cc Bike : CBR250R!

Quote:
Originally Posted by salunkhe.vizz View Post
Has anyone on Team BHP got their deliveries yet ?

All said and done, I am still quite desperately waiting for mine. No news from the Dealer yet.
Autocar says that HMSI doesn't have a clue, either. http://www.autocarindia.com/news/cbr...-taken-granted
Old 10th May 2011, 12:20   #572
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommie View Post
Where did you take the test drive?
Dream Honda, Whitefield
Old 10th May 2011, 15:23   #573
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by isodope View Post
Autocar says that HMSI doesn't have a clue, either. http://www.autocarindia.com/news/cbr...-taken-granted

I have seen a couple of bikes on road with perm number plates, so I am sure deliveries have started in Mumbai.

Not sure when my dealer will start though
Old 10th May 2011, 17:10   #574
BHPian

Quote:
I have seen a couple of bikes on road with perm number plates, so I am sure deliveries have started in Mumbai.

Not sure when my dealer will start though
I took a test ride last week and the payment had been made. My bike is standing in the Borivali Warehouse (Black - STD/Non-ABS), however due to work constraints am unable to go and take a look. Will be taking the delivery on Saturday, May 14.

I won't give my review about the bike and overall quality as people have already spoken about it numerous times earlier.

One issue I faced - The gear shifter is causing a lot of trouble as it is very small. My shoe size is 13 US due to which shifting gears is causing discmfort. I might get a gear shifter fabricated to something that is either a little longer, else if possible might get a toe-heel shifter made. Any inputs are appreciated.

Some pics from the showroom visit last week. Also, a few guys were curious about the under seat storage - so here it goes.
Attached Thumbnails
Honda's 250cc Bike : CBR250R!-test-ride-1.jpg  

Honda's 250cc Bike : CBR250R!-test-ride-2.jpg  

Honda's 250cc Bike : CBR250R!-test-ride-3.jpg  

Honda's 250cc Bike : CBR250R!-test-ride-4.jpg  

Honda's 250cc Bike : CBR250R!-test-ride-5.jpg  

Honda's 250cc Bike : CBR250R!-test-ride-6.jpg  

Honda's 250cc Bike : CBR250R!-test-ride-7.jpg  

Honda's 250cc Bike : CBR250R!-test-ride-8.jpg  

Honda's 250cc Bike : CBR250R!-test-ride-9.jpg  

Honda's 250cc Bike : CBR250R!-test-ride-10.jpg  

Honda's 250cc Bike : CBR250R!-test-ride-11.jpg  

Honda's 250cc Bike : CBR250R!-test-ride-12.jpg  

Honda's 250cc Bike : CBR250R!-test-ride-13.jpg  

mantrig is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th May 2011, 17:23   #575
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mantrig View Post
One issue I faced - The gear shifter is causing a lot of trouble as it is very small. My shoe size is 13 US due to which shifting gears is causing discmfort. I might get a gear shifter fabricated to something that is either a little longer, else if possible might get a toe-heel shifter made. Any inputs are appreciated. .
Haven't you faced the same problem in your other bikes?

Rather than cutting and welding, see if a longer shifter from another bike will work.
Old 10th May 2011, 17:37   #576
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
Haven't you faced the same problem in your other bikes?

Rather than cutting and welding, see if a longer shifter from another bike will work.
Thanks Mpower - Fortunately, I did not have this issue earlier.

My other rides are/were :-

Current Rides -- RX 100 - Toe-Heel Shifter / RE STD 350 (1977 model) - Fabricated a longer gear & Brake lever / HH Acheiver - Toe-Heel Shifter

Bikes Sold -- RE Classic 350 - Toe-Heel Shifter / HH Splendor - Toe-Heel Shifter

So traditionally, I have not faced this issue. I would not mind having just a Toe shifter and per you suggestion I will check around if any of the current available models has a Toe shifter which can be a direct fit.
Old 11th May 2011, 07:59   #577
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mantrig View Post
I took a test ride last week and the payment had been made. My bike is standing in the Borivali Warehouse (Black - STD/Non-ABS), however due to work constraints am unable to go and take a look. Will be taking the delivery on Saturday, May 14..
Thanks for the info, few questions:
1. When did you book the bike?
2. Which Showroom
3. How much was final OTR after extended warranty and stuff..
Old 11th May 2011, 09:49   #578
BHPian

I saw this bike on the old airport road near HAL signal may be while it was being taken for the registration. Bike looks great.
Old 11th May 2011, 10:20   #579
Senior - BHPian

Just spoke to Lodha Honda (opp to MEPZ), where the bike is on display. They say they have about 10 bookings and any fresh bookings can get delivery in 2.5 months (+ / - 15 days).

I have a feeling these will be available off the shelf in the near future.
Old 11th May 2011, 12:02   #580
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gansan View Post
Just spoke to Lodha Honda (opp to MEPZ), where the bike is on display. They say they have about 10 bookings and any fresh bookings can get delivery in 2.5 months (+ / - 15 days).

I wish so too, but I doubt that. Honda will keep the supply side low so that the demand is always high - to give the niche factor.

The showroom where I booked in April already had 150+ bookings back then, just to remove this backlog will easily take 6 months. So dont see the bike being offered off the shelf till a better 250cc option enters the market !!
Old 11th May 2011, 13:08   #581
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gansan View Post
Same place where the sales rep told me 25+ bookings two weeks back! Guess he was just bluffing! (This was before they got the display bike in the showroom!)
Quote:
I wish so too, but I doubt that. Honda will keep the supply side low so that the demand is always high - to give the niche factor.
IFRC, Honda has a target of 30,000 bikes in the first year. Hence, production may not be so limited after all! Of course, those opting for the ABS version may have to wait a bit longer!

I am in a dilemma whether to book the bike from trivandrum/ Chennai. Problem is that i don't have a permanent residence in Chennai, and hence, slightly hesitant to book it from here. Booking from trivandrum would invite NOC issues as well!

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 11th May 2011 at 13:11.
Old 11th May 2011, 13:45   #582
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by the-rare-one View Post
@ Akshay: Confirmed from very well connected showroom resources in Pune (Sterling and Pashankar) - delivery waiting period is 6 months. Honda are themselves tracking the whole thing for the baby CBR.

About the finances, dealers have their offers, not heard of Honda giving any. Will confirm when I go to Pashankar on the weekend to book for a friend
My friend booked the bike at Pashankar by paying 5K. The delivery is indeed going to be 5-6 months unless someone opts out (highly unlikely). They have close to 130 bookings and are getting only 15-20 bikes a month to deliver. Delivery no started yet. 2 bikes on display and none for a test ride.

HDFC has some offers for account holders and or higher down payment. Did not get the details.
Old 11th May 2011, 16:16   #583
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the info, few questions:
1. When did you book the bike? - Jan 5 2011
2. Which Showroom - Mahim - Om Sai Auto World
3. How much was final OTR after extended warranty and stuff.. 1,64,540 On road + Additional details mentioned below - Will need advice from folks on board
Also, please click the links below to get a quick recap of the previous interactions where I was not having any clarity from Mahim folks and had to shoot an email to Gurgoan folks, post which I got a response and promise to get my bike delivered at the earliest. Thanks to Veyron for his suggestions, I was able to get this sorted.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorb...ml#post2328281

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorb...ml#post2331284

Coming to additional details, I need a sincere advice on whether Teflon coating is something I should consider. I normally shampoo wash and wax coat my bike once in two weeks.

Teflon Coating :- Rs. 750/- 3 coats, each after an interval of 6 months. Do you think this is worth the money?

Extended Warranty:- Rs. 1250/- for 3 years additional warranty (Total Warranty is 5 years inclusive of extended warranty). I think the extended warranty makes sense, let me know your thoughts.

# Plates :- Not provided with the bike. I have to buy them for 275/- normal ones or embossed plates costing 1200/- or 1000/- not sure.

Last edited by mantrig : 11th May 2011 at 16:21. Reason: Correction
Old 11th May 2011, 16:22   #584
Senior - BHPian

@mantrig,
Go for Extended Warranty but i would suggest against Teflon coating. i personally feel it is waste of money(even though it is just Rs.750 compared to 1.5 lakhs+ for the bike).
Old 11th May 2011, 17:02   #585
v&v
Senior - BHPian

Yes EW is very much required. Even i too think it better get polishing donr rather than teflon.
Can you share the exclusions in EW.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks