Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th April 2011, 00:50   #436
Senior - BHPian

Re: Honda's 250cc Bike : CBR250R!

Just went ahead and booked one myself. The waiting time should be long but exciting times, looking forward to working with a fuel injected Honda bike engine
Old 17th April 2011, 08:02   #437
Senior - BHPian

Available in Agra off the shelf

I will go there tomorrow and get a TD. I got a call since I had shown interest in booking one. Let me see tomorrow.
Old 18th April 2011, 13:57   #438
BHPian

Anyone from Mumbai have any clue when the Deliveries will start ?
Old 18th April 2011, 15:14   #439
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by salunkhe.vizz View Post
Anyone from Mumbai have any clue when the Deliveries will start ?
Are the bikes even available for display at Pune/Mumbai?
Old 18th April 2011, 15:31   #440
Senior - BHPian

Yup, on display in Mumbai for sure. I checked out the red one and went for it.

Deliveries in last week of April I believe. Though that's only for people who booked in first week of Jan 2011.
Old 18th April 2011, 19:25   #441
BHPian

Booked my CBR (red & silver) last week in Kolkata. The display and TD vehicles have not arrived yet. They promised a delivery date of May 20, 2011 approx. I did not expect the delivery to be happening so soon. Now I am rushing here & there for funds as I thought of a 3-4 months waiting period. So I assume that the demand is not there in Kolkata at least. I am the 38th person to book in that aprticular showroom

More when I get a TD.
Old 19th April 2011, 10:22   #442
Senior - BHPian

LOL, the saree guard is a forecasted excuse thought out by honda dudes in case the bike flops "CEO San - the bike didnt sell because the saree guard wasnt liked by Indians" !!!
Old 19th April 2011, 15:26   #443
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by svsantosh View Post
LOL, the saree guard is a forecasted excuse thought out by honda dudes in case the bike flops "CEO San - the bike didnt sell because the saree guard wasnt liked by Indians" !!!
Dont think any HMSI product has flopped in India yet. On the contrary, due to expected waitlist, it will dealers trying to think up of excuses to impatient customers.
Old 19th April 2011, 16:09   #444
Senior - BHPian

This in my opinion will be a super hit! People who bought the R15 for its fairing and superbike style back breaking stance will now buy the CBR.Its got the name that has been on every kid's tongue since eternity.Also the parents come into the picture.Lets face it the biggest percentage of buyers of this bike would be 18-23 yr old kids who'll look to thier parent's money for this bike.So a simple technique."Papa for one lakh i'm getting 150cc,for 1.5 i'm getting 250cc CBR!" .Will work a lot of times.

Now getting to the tech.Honda has been forever know as the most reliable bikes ever.Period.One or two instances or anybody arguing with me on this won't matter.Ask the common man.Honda=Reliability.Be it bikes or cars.

Looks like a full sport bike.has a fatter rear tire unlike the R15.And within the reach if the regular customer.

Lets see it this ways.Some time back 1 lakh was the mental barrier for a lot of buyers.Now that barrier has been broken.

About the Kawasaki Ninja 250R.Well lets see it this way.Lay man terms.-Honda 250cc for 1.5 lakhs approx.Kawasaki 250cc for 3 lakhs.You decide!

Very few people know the optimal power and difference that 2 cylinders make and the brilliant chassis.The majority of buyers don't care.They want maximum bang for buck!And when that BANG comes from Honda there is no looking 2 ways about it.
Old 19th April 2011, 20:32   #445
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navpreet318 View Post
This in my opinion will be a super hit!

Lets face it the biggest percentage of buyers of this bike would be 18-23 yr old kids who'll look to thier parent's money for this bike.So a simple technique."Papa for one lakh i'm getting 150cc,for 1.5 i'm getting 250cc CBR!" .Will work a lot of times.
18-23 yrs will be the least percentage of prospective buyers is what i feel. Most of the guys i see in R15, Bullet etc are 25-35,Those with a new job, fresh out of college , but who still feel buying a car would be a little beyond their budget. Yes , some parent would agree to a motorcycle which costs 1.6 L but that would be a minority . Most parents will opt for a unicorn or a similar bike in the 50 to 70 k range for their college kids.

Quote:
Very few people know the optimal power and difference that 2 cylinders make and the brilliant chassis.The majority of buyers don't care.They want maximum bang for buck!And when that BANG comes from Honda there is no looking 2 ways about it.
Most reviews have given the CBR an equal or superior rating as far as handling and goes. So the chassis has to be very good. Optimal power ! for what? Is it optimal power on a race track or optimal power on a busy metro road . The better low end torque available with the single cylinder CBR is at an advantage in stop and go traffic where the Ninja is at a disadvantage because its optimal power is towards the middle and top end of its rev range which is ideally suited for the track or the highway .

BTW i had visited a showroom in chennai. They inform me there will be a delay in delivery which is now expected to start by 1st week of may and that too only non-ABS bikes in the first shipment .

Last edited by -NUT-case : 19th April 2011 at 20:34.
Old 19th April 2011, 22:20   #446
Senior - BHPian

You cannot say that you are seeing this and percieving it that way.I have been shown data from the yamaha distributor for uttarakhand and delhi and punjab.95% are kids aged 18 to 23.Why do you think i chose a particular age like 23 and not 25.Its because of the data.

About the chassis and handling.Well i am just qouting owners here.I have ridden it.Its good for the track.The Ninja i mean.But its too uncomfortable for me.I bet with our motorcycling abilities we cannot even use 50% of the bike's chassis abilities.
In short i am saying that the CBR will be a hit.But i wouldn't buy either because thay are both too uncomfortable for me.I haven't sat on the cbr but its a sportbike oriented stance and will be uncomfortable for sure.Also the wheelbase is such that it'll be too small for me.

By the way what were you really trying to say with your post?I didn't really understand it.

Edit:oh yes the reviews.hehe.I bet you haven't met any of the editors of these mags personally or chatted with them candidly have you?
Old 19th April 2011, 22:53   #447
BHPian

Quote:

You make it sound like CBR will only sell on the merit of being inexpensive. And the "very few people" in the know realize what a difference 2 cylinders make over a single pot engine.

Or you need to rephrase it differently and i misread?

Last edited by sids911 : 19th April 2011 at 22:55.
Old 19th April 2011, 23:13   #448
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sids911 View Post
You make it sound like CBR will only sell on the merit of being inexpensive. And the "very few people" in the know realize what a difference 2 cylinders make over a single pot engine.

Or you need to rephrase it differently and i misread?
Oh no! I never meant that the CBR is in any way bad or incapable.I am just quoting some people here who have been going on and on about the Ninja.So that just for them.

What i mean is that yeah fine the Ninja is great on the track with a super rider but who cares?Simple.
Old 20th April 2011, 00:52   #449
BHPian

Quote:
You cannot say that you are seeing this and percieving it that way.I have been shown data from the yamaha distributor for uttarakhand and delhi and punjab.95% are kids aged 18 to 23.Why do you think i chose a particular age like 23 and not 25.Its because of the data..
Are you saying that out of every 100 R15's sold only 5 are bought by people over 23 ! hahahaha nice statistic there !

Quote:
About the chassis and handling.Well i am just qouting owners here.I have ridden it.Its good for the track.The Ninja i mean.But its too uncomfortable for me.I bet with our motorcycling abilities we cannot even use 50% of the bike's chassis abilities.
In short i am saying that the CBR will be a hit.But i wouldn't buy either because thay are both too uncomfortable for me.I haven't sat on the cbr but its a sportbike oriented stance and will be uncomfortable for sure.Also the wheelbase is such that it'll be too small for me.
Basically all sportbikes will be uncomfortable for you because of their stance .

Wheelbase - Ninja 55.1 " CBR 1000 56.8" and CBR 250 54" . So difference in wheelbase is negligible. Will a couple of inches make much of a difference in comfort ?

And having not ridden the CBR 250, saying it is uncomfortable is just speculation.

Quote:
By the way what were you really trying to say with your post?I didn't really understand it.
What i was trying to say is that , not only is the CBR much cheaper, it also is almost equal to the ninja in performance , be it the chassis or engine performance for what it was meant to used as and that is a commuter bike with sporting qualities.

Quote:
Edit:oh yes the reviews.hehe.I bet you haven't met any of the editors of these mags personally or chatted with them candidly have you?
Are you saying that you make it a point to fly to america or japan and meet the authors of all the reviews you read and make them take an oath of truth?

Quote:
Oh no! I never meant that the CBR is in any way bad or incapable.I am just quoting some people here who have been going on and on about the Ninja.So that just for them.

What i mean is that yeah fine the Ninja is great on the track with a super rider but who cares?Simple.
So you don't like the ninja or the CBR . So why bother to comment !

Last edited by -NUT-case : 20th April 2011 at 00:59.
Old 20th April 2011, 10:07   #450
Senior - BHPian

What exactly is your problem with my comment NUT-Case?

Open forum.I made my point.

Yes all sport bikes are uncomfortable.I have one and thats why i say it.Infact i have one which is much much bigger than any of the regular sportbikes.I have the Kawasaki ZX-12R.See what i mean by experience.I have experienced sportbikes quite a lot.And i find them uncomfortable.They are just meant for the 15-30 minute rush that they give and then its all pain.

By editors i have meant that i have met quite a lot of editors from the auto magazines at the autoexpo.As i represent a Local magazine for uttarakhand and since i am quite a automobile enthusiast i am able to strike up a conversation with these editors.Let me say this.When it comes to personal opinion about anything it is quite possible to influence it with a lot of factors.

Also about the uncomfortable thing.Well i have experienced the sport bikes.So by looking at the sideview of the bike.Looking at the position of the handlebar and the footpegs in comparison to the seat one can judge.Ofcourse this comes only with experience.

See you don't like my replies.So why bother replying?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks