Team-BHP > Motorbikes

Search this Thread
Old 4th September 2010, 18:13   #31
BHPian

Ok the search has official started... went with my dad to Dream Bikes in Pune Camp. Dad was gun ho about Busa and I was trying to divert his attention to Intruder!!!
Old 7th September 2010, 18:48   #32
BHPian

lee power why don't you checkout the beautiful Yamaha R6? more than these super bikes i suggest a light cruiser for 60+boy something like v-star 250 or virago 250. you can go for 650 v-star, if your budget allows.
Old 7th September 2010, 19:17   #33
BHPian

R1 and R6 is on his radar. But he is not too keen about cruisers like v-star, unlike me!!!
Old 7th September 2010, 20:00   #34
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karthik1100 View Post
lee power why don't you checkout the beautiful Yamaha R6?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leepower View Post
R1 and R6 is on his radar. But he is not too keen about cruisers like v-star, unlike me!!!
You guys can't be serious about the R6! That is almost as track focussed as it gets for a stock bike, second to maybe the 848 this side of liter class bikes.
If your father likes the Hayabusa, just get one. It is relatively comfortable, has oodles of torque and the big daddy character which will not render your father a bit too old for bikes on the looks of it.
Besides the above, you seem inclined to getting a cruiser, and the Hayabusa is as cruiser as it gets for a sportbike.

manson.
Old 8th September 2010, 11:23   #35
BHPian

Hmm . . . looks like your budget is now actually double (or more) if u r considering a new busa and the rocket. Which makes most of the previous suggestions irrelevant !!

I think u should let him see and get a feel of all the options available and let him decide. I'm sure he knows a lot about bikes and is quite sure of what he wants, better than u or us. Also please let him fulfil his aspirations and refrain from imposing your choices on him. He may even agree just to please you but may not be too happy for himself.

Just my thoughts, sorry if I sounded harsh

If the budget can be stretched and he likes Honda, the new VFR 1200f is another option that can be given to him.

Last edited by bikefreak : 8th September 2010 at 11:27.
Old 8th September 2010, 12:18   #36

Quote:
Ok the search has official started... went with my dad to Dream Bikes in Pune Camp. Dad was gun ho about Busa and I was trying to divert his attention to Intruder!!!
Good to know you guys went to check out the suzukis. If your dad likes the hayabusa, he should probably go for it. Riding posture is very comfortable as compared to most other sportbikes, and as manson mentioned, it is as much of a cruiser as a sportbike.

As for the intruder, its an awesome machine as well, loads of torque, and a good amount of power for a cruiser. Some people haven't been too happy about riding posture on the intruder, but I guess that would depend on your height.

I got my intruder a couple of weeks ago, and I am more than comfortable with the riding posture. Weight was a little bit of concern on turns initially, but after getting used to the bike, it handles like a charm.

Both are awesome bikes. Good luck with your search.
Old 8th September 2010, 15:40   #37
Senior - BHPian

@Leepower - In camp, Pune there is one showroom for imported bikes. Do check there. I guess you can get some model of your liking of Suzuki, Honda or Yamaha. I heard & seen that shop. Its near Marz-O-Rin in camp.

BTW, glad to see your dad's ambition. He must be a true bike lover in his young days & must have done some really long rides.
Old 8th September 2010, 17:33   #38
BHPian

Yes Dude

You are one lucky guy. Here is my list of candidates:

Suzuki Bandit 1250
Honda CB1000R
Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird
Yamaha FJ1300

These are all sport tourers. For the out and out crotch rockets, there are enough of recommendations already mentioned

Good luck and let is know your dads final choice
Old 8th September 2010, 18:13   #39
Team-BHP Support

Guys

My understanding is that Dreambikes (in Camp Pune) only sells the 4 Suzukis and nothing else). Where are you proposing to purchase bikes such as the Y. R6 etc through legal channels? Are their any formal showrooms / dealers that offer these up (legally DRI cleared)? Would you be able to share their contacts?

Cheers,
A.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karthik1100 View Post
lee power why don't you checkout the beautiful Yamaha R6? more than these super bikes i suggest a light cruiser for 60+boy something like v-star 250 or virago 250. you can go for 650 v-star, if your budget allows.
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by aniketi View Post
@Leepower - In camp, Pune there is one showroom for imported bikes. Do check there. I guess you can get some model of your liking of Suzuki, Honda or Yamaha. I heard & seen that shop. Its near Marz-O-Rin in camp.

BTW, glad to see your dad's ambition. He must be a true bike lover in his young days & must have done some really long rides.
Old 8th September 2010, 19:03   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniketi View Post

That's where we check out the Hayabusa man. The shop's called Dream Bikes.
Old 8th September 2010, 19:36   #41
Senior - BHPian

I'd suggest the Hayabusa.It has 3 map modes.If he can't handle the full power or wants to just roam about in the city he can use the C mode.Perfect easy relaxed power.He can open it up on wider more comfortable roads in the A mode.

its a super comfortable Sportbike.Plus handling the Intruder in traffic is a big pain as compared to the Busa.These cruiser with the long Rake are a pain to maneuver in the traffic.
Old 9th September 2010, 07:33   #42
BHPian

I would definitely say the Ducati Sport Slassic GT1000 . classic looking bike with all the modern technology, which wouldnt make your dad look like he is out of place. It would totally look mature, and suite his age. pardon if you have already been suggested this bike before, and if not, its really hard to believe that nobody else has!

Last edited by suped99 : 9th September 2010 at 07:42.
Old 3rd January 2011, 13:11   #43
BHPian

re: Superbike for my dad!!! EDIT - Its a Ninja 250

After months of search, including dozens of trips to Dreambikes (for seeing Busa, Intruder, Bandit) and even Pro Biker (for Ninja baby), we had nearly narrowed our choice down to just one -- Suzuki Bandit, then came Harley with the Iron 883. Dad, just had a chat with the Mumbai Harley guys, might go there this weekend. Bandit is a low maintenance bike, than's where Busa and Intruder got ticked out of our list. How is this Harley 883???
Old 3rd January 2011, 14:05   #44
BHPian

Yamaha Fazer 600+ CC i guess would suit the best.
Old 3rd January 2011, 14:16   #45
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
After months of search, including dozens of trips to Dreambikes (for seeing Busa, Intruder, Bandit) and even Pro Biker (for Ninja baby), we had nearly narrowed our choice down to just one -- Suzuki Bandit, then came Harley with the Iron 883. Dad, just had a chat with the Mumbai Harley guys, might go there this weekend. Bandit is a low maintenance bike, than's where Busa and Intruder got ticked out of our list. How is this Harley 883???
Its an entry level harley. Read up on some reviews online, am pretty sure you'll stick with the Bandit.

The GC of the 883 is ridiculous.

Most Viewed