Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th June 2010, 17:42   #16
BHPian

Since you have been a HH customer , why dont you look at HH Hunk and CBZ extreme as well. For Uni, Hunk, Extreme are all the same dish with different garnishings.

Another exiting product would be Pulsar 135 LS. Should be very flickable in traffic and your brother will like the high revving engine I guess. Try it out and see if it suits your frame.
Old 17th June 2010, 17:49   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenmachinE View Post
Since you have been a HH customer , why dont you look at HH Hunk and CBZ extreme as well. For Uni, Hunk, Extreme are all the same dish with different garnishings.

Another exiting product would be Pulsar 135 LS. Should be very flickable in traffic and your brother will like the high revving engine I guess. Try it out and see if it suits your frame.
Hunk is under consideration. I hate Xtreme. Too expensive for what it offers. Will try for 135 LS. Also just now saw Discover 150 dtsi is launched. May as well look at it. But may look bit small.

Still will give it a shot.
Old 17th June 2010, 20:47   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIV3R View Post
FZ - Nice macho looks, but you lose out on FE and power. comparatively. FE in league of the Zma. Also exorbitantly priced.
Have to disagree with you there.

I sold my Zma and got the FZ and i assure you im getting atleast 10 kmpl extra.

The bike is expensive up front during the purchase but so far(Since Oct '08), it hasn't had any thing replaced or changed other than the oil.

Last edited by Grafin : 17th June 2010 at 20:50.
Old 17th June 2010, 21:02   #19
BHPian

not sure if people have already suggested this: its better if you can wait for the new Pulsars they should be in the league of P135. rev-happy and more power too. later you can base your decision on the new comparisons.
Old 17th June 2010, 22:48   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grafin View Post
Have to disagree with you there.
You are free to!

Quote:
I sold my Zma and got the FZ and i assure you im getting atleast 10 kmpl extra.
Bowled over by the FZ's looks?

What about the difference in power and cubic capacity?

Quote:
The bike is expensive up front during the purchase but so far(Since Oct '08), it hasn't had any thing replaced or changed other than the oil.
That's pretty much what any 2 wheeler needs.

The worst a Zma could manage was 25+ and the best was 42+. FZ 16 has almost the same range. Maybe 1 or 2 kmpl more.
Old 17th June 2010, 22:53   #21
Senior - BHPian

Does anybody know about a company called Vibhgyor which launched their bikes at Auto expo? They had a 150cc but did they even begin production?

I think its a company based in Bengal.

I think Suzuki GFS150R was pretty comfortable when I test rode it. The engine is relaxed and the rear indicators are integrated into the lamp pod. I own an access and think Suzuki is good but then bikes and scooters are two different things.

Last edited by devarshi84 : 17th June 2010 at 22:57.
Old 17th June 2010, 22:55   #22
BHPian

I'd say GS150R and Unicorn, they're good all-rounders primarily meant to get from A to B comfortably and without drama. They may not be quickest, or fastest or best handling but they'll do it all well enough for the target consumer, the more discerning or focused ones with either buy RTRs or FZs or R-15s .
Old 18th June 2010, 00:53   #23
BHPian

Quote:
You are free to!

Bowled over by the FZ's looks?

What about the difference in power and cubic capacity?

The worst a Zma could manage was 25+ and the best was 42+. FZ 16 has almost the same range. Maybe 1 or 2 kmpl more.

I know im free to and coming to the point.

I used the Zma for a year and a half and i must admit, i got bored and annoyed.

In Bangalore riding conditions, i used to manage to get 35-36 kmpl(max) and it used to drop according to the traffic .

I was pretty much disappointed with the overall plastic quality with the way in which the fairing started to vibrate within the first few months, faulty odo - fuel meter and the expensive spares. I dint feel the money i spent was worth and quite frankly it fell short on a couple of aspects for me.

It wasn't much fun for me and the cost started to burn a hole in my pocket eventually.

I just read out your FE read out of the Zma and my friend who owns a Zma R and he was on the floor laughing. No offence allright, but here in Blore, unless you live on the outskirts and that too with considerable optimism, that figure is just speculative.

Got the FZ and i was disappointed with the power delivery.

But i have more money in my pocket comparatively to forget all that.

It pulls very well within the city and i dont mind it losing steam after the 90km/h mark. Its grippy, sturdy, vibrates a lot less and consistently gives around 44-46kmpl in the city.

It meets my bare essentials and a lot more.
And regarding the Cubic capacity, my bro has a '79 bull to keep me Entertained.
No Zma can match that.
Old 18th June 2010, 02:00   #24
BHPian

If you are looking for a 150cc bike, Unicorn Dazzler would be great choice. New features with improved performance. Power up in higher rpms is good for high speed riding. Excellent stability and handling due to monoshock. Quicker than even FZ.

Some reviews here:

Honda CB Unicorn Dazzler: A Comprehensive Roadtest

BloombergUTV: Video Player

Honda CB Unicorn Dazzler Vs Yamaha FZ – Comparison Test Drive | Photos & SlideShows | Vicky.in
Old 18th June 2010, 08:12   #25
Senior - BHPian

1) Already there is a P150 in family. If you are comfortable with service quality and the bike, go for another P150.

2) Other options are mainly from HH. HH Hunk is the one that has got better ride quality relative to CBZ Xtrem. Either of the bike is good enough, but I will prefer Hunk. I have taken these two bikes even on highway and they were quite stable ( next only to Yamaha ).

3) Avoid Suzuki bike. I have one ( Zeus, 125cc ) and I am repenting. One fine morning I almost rammed into an Omni ( carrying school kids ) as the slider jammed at full throttle position. Service center says its first case like this, earlier only scooters had this problem. Paid Rs. 1250/- for service, and now the FE is 35-40 from earlier 60-65. Dealer is not able to solve FE issue neither is ready to replace carb. This FE drop came after the slider replacement.

Till date I have spent close to rs. 5000/- on servicing the bike which has covered 14.4K kms. only.

About GS150, there are a lot of issues regarding rust, front brakes. Overall, the bike is too late for Indian market, the competitors offer better products and service. Service cost is on the higher side too.

4) FZ is a nice bike but FE is on the lower side. Again Yamaha maintenance is slightly expensive but you wont need parts so often. The service quality is quite good ( the service center I am talking about is on the way to Channi Jakatnaka from Vad/IPCL/Fatehgunj circle ).

5) Avoid Uni. The service center is never interested in doing a good job, is ready to throw any sort of rough argument and earn money. I have experienced all this with my friends. Honda service, somehow is not the best and the bike is again not coming out on top. Hunk/CBZ Xtrem sport similar motor, cheaper spares and wider service network.

Last edited by aaggoswami : 18th June 2010 at 08:14.
Old 18th June 2010, 12:24   #26
Senior - BHPian

Thank you all for your opinion.

Today is a big day. Bro and Father is gonna test drive three bikes today. It will be GS150R, Dazzler/Unicorn and P-150. Tomorrow its gonna be Hunk, FZ and if available, Discover 150.

Stay tuned.
Old 18th June 2010, 12:32   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grafin View Post
I just read out your FE read out of the Zma and my friend who owns a Zma R and he was on the floor laughing. No offence allright, but here in Blore, unless you live on the outskirts and that too with considerable optimism, that figure is just speculative.
Perhaps you could help him out.

Quote:
Its grippy, sturdy, vibrates a lot less and consistently gives around 44-46kmpl in the city.
My roomie has a FZ and i have atleast 4 FZ's in my circle, all of which could manage a max of 40kmpl with very moderate city traffic.

And you are the first one to say that a Zma is less refined than an FZ. Great man.

Quote:
Got the FZ and i was disappointed with the power delivery.
Of course!

Quote:
And regarding the Cubic capacity, my bro has a '79 bull to keep me Entertained.
The thread starter (Chevelle) probably doesn't have a bro like you for lending bullets, so, let's stick to answering queries from Chevelle.
Old 18th June 2010, 12:46   #28
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
And you are the first one to say that a Zma is less refined than an FZ.
Err, i would say, they both are on level terms as far as engine refinement goes, well almost
Old 18th June 2010, 13:01   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Perhaps you could help him out.

My roomie has a FZ and i have atleast 4 FZ's in my circle, all of which could manage a max of 40kmpl with very moderate city traffic.

The thread starter (Chevelle) probably doesn't have a bro like you for lending bullets, so, let's stick to answering queries from Chevelle.
My friend has a FZ who lives right opp to our house. He too has never got above 40 kmpl in Baroda's traffic.

We prefer not to exchange bikes unless really necessary. The only reason being we have our own style of riding bike. I am a bit enthusiastic in riding while he is a sane rider. So its a mutual understanding. Funnily, in his 90k done Splendor, i may have at done max 500 kms. Similarly for my 35k done pulsar he must have drove less than 300 kms or so.
Old 18th June 2010, 13:12   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by devarshi84 View Post
Does anybody know about a company called Vibhgyor which launched their bikes at Auto expo? They had a 150cc but did they even begin production?

I think its a company based in Bengal.
Do not talk about Vibgyor. They are Chinese bikes, with crappy plastics & fit & finish (I actually went to their showroom on insistence by my younger brother). I won't test ride those, or recommend those to anyone despite being cheapest in class. Plus where is the Dealer/A.S.S. network.

I think chevelle should consider the established brands only.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks