Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th August 2010, 14:31   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nairrk View Post
It is manufacturer who decides the price of his product and no manufacturer will agree to overprice a product then he will lose out in competition.
That's right. What I meant to say was, in certain cases the dealers offer some discount on the company price.This was in relation to this where he mentioned that even if he writes the discounted price in the invoice even then the RTO will take the company price to calculate the road tax.
Old 6th August 2010, 14:48   #32
Senior - BHPian

No, dealer discounts are different (not all dealers are giving similar offer/discount?).
The invoice will contain -vehicle price (company price)+plus taxes and then the dealer can adjust the discounts but RTO will not consider such discounts for Road tax calculation!
Old 22nd September 2010, 23:16   #33
Senior - BHPian

2nd service done today. Total kms only 750 so far. No expense at all.
no omplaints on the bike from my side!!
Old 23rd September 2010, 00:23   #34
Senior - BHPian

Sounds good, What mileage are you getting?

Keep us updated
Old 23rd September 2010, 10:27   #35
Senior - BHPian

At the moment I am getting around 45kmpl because all these rides are within city limit
and busy roads/traffic congestion etc. The service guys told me that I should get more mileage from now (i.e after 2nd service).
Let me see how it goes from now!!
Old 23rd September 2010, 14:55   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
At the moment I am getting around 45kmpl because all these rides are within city limit
Good to know that there are no complaints in the bike. 45km/l though seems less at the outset. May be as the Service engineer says it might improve after the 2nd service
Old 23rd September 2010, 17:05   #37
Senior - BHPian

Thanks.
am happy even with 45kmpl as most of my riding is within city.
And I know that it will improve to 50+ soon. Previously I was having a Flyte which was giving only around 30kmpl which was too low.
Further this is a bike and riding pleasure is entirely different comparing the other one!!!
Old 23rd September 2010, 19:14   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Previously I was having a Flyte which was giving only around 30kmpl which was too low.
Further this is a bike and riding pleasure is entirely different comparing the other one!!!
Comparing to Flyte, definitely it would be much better since it gives better range than the flyte on a tankful and also the ride quality will be much better being designed as a bike.

PS: Thinking of replacing the Flyte in the family with a better scoot soon.
Old 23rd September 2010, 20:49   #39
BHPian

Congrats.I used to ride Hero honda street.It was an excellent bike for city commuting.Top speed 84 and mileage around 60kmpl consistently.
Clutch free riding is definitely a boon in peak traffic.
one irritating thing is, my dad and uncle used to drive it only in 4th gear all the time..bike crawls and takes ages to reach 30 or 40kmph from standstill in 4th gear. then on its quite like a normal bike.

I guess Jive's mileage will increase gradually.Please do post long term ownership report soon.
Old 24th September 2010, 08:12   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks.
am happy even with 45kmpl as most of my riding is within city.
And I know that it will improve to 50+ soon. Previously I was having a Flyte which was giving only around 30kmpl which was too low.
We surely hope that it does improve to 50. BTW what is the tank capacity of Jive. One of my friends is seriously considering Jive mainly coz of the clutchless feature.

The only deterent is the service in Thane as there is only one dealer and the reports are not that good. How competetive are the Jive spares cost? Are they easily available too. May be too early to ask.
Old 24th September 2010, 10:05   #41
Senior - BHPian

@ghodlur
all details about the bike available in this thread (1st page).
The bike has got 15 litre tank which included 2.7litre reserve.
Spare cost - I dont know but I am sure that spare parts are available easily.

@rock18
No, definitey not advisable to move the bike in 4th gear always. It will damage the clutch plate and also fuel consumption will be high (and its boring when the bike crawls). I dont understand why your dad and uncle used to move the bike from 4th gear when it has the feature to change gear from 4th to neutral and then 1st . It is easy!!!
Old 24th September 2010, 13:19   #42
BHPian

Quote:
How come your licence with marking as 'motor cylce without gear'? Did you take driving test with a gearless scooter?.
When I took the licence in 1992, I did carry my Kinetic honda scooter and did the test and my licence was marked as ' M/C with Gear' (and it was issued by RTO Thane !).
IIRC back then it was 2 categories, One for below 100c and other for above 100cc.
So 'Kine' riders always got the 'senior' DL.
Old 4th October 2010, 18:58   #43
Senior - BHPian

Does engine braking work on this bike ? For example, if you are going downhill at say, around 30 to 40kmph and you shift down to the third or second gear, what happens ?
Old 14th December 2010, 12:19   #44
Senior - BHPian

Re: TVS Jive - First Ownership Report

Quote:
Originally Posted by kannan666 View Post
Does engine braking work on this bike ? For example, if you are going downhill at say, around 30 to 40kmph and you shift down to the third or second gear, what happens ?
unfortunately, I missed this post hence unable reply on time
Initially the speed will come down, but increase the momentum if the downhill is too deep, irrespective of which gear it is moving..!
Old 14th December 2010, 17:32   #45
Senior - BHPian

Re: TVS Jive - First Ownership Report

Oh, that's Ok ! Do post the latest updates of your ownership experience thus far !

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks