Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th May 2010, 00:50   #1
Senior - BHPian

Honda CB Unicorn Dazzler

HMSI has finally launched the Honda Dazzler in India. The bike will come with a price tag of Rs 62,900 (Ex-Showroom Delhi). The bike bears the same but a bit tweaked engine that churns out 14 bhp of power. The engine is a BS III compliant engine. Unlike the Unicorn, the Dazzler comes with 17" alloy wheels, 110/80×17rear and 80/100×17 front tyre. Other predictions including the digital console has come true as well. The bike features both front and rear disk brakes.

Mr. Shinji Aoyama, President and CEO, HMSI said, “With good appreciation by Indian customers, Honda has always been on the growth momentum in India. We achieved sales of 12.7 lakh units in 2009-10 and have set a target of achieving 18% growth this year by selling over 15 lakh units. With our Fun, Safety and Environment initiatives, we are constantly trying to become a company that the society admires. Today’s launch of New CB Unicorn Dazzler is to satisfy the diversified needs of Indian customers. We will continue to provide such unique products for healthy expansion of fun-biking culture in India.”

The Bike will be available in four color themes including Armour Gold Metallic, Pearl Nightstar Black, Sword Silver Metallic and Pearl Siena Red colors.

As a matter of fact, HMSI claims that the bike can return a fuel efficiency figure of about 60 kmpl which makes it closer to reality considering Unicorn's reputation in the Fuel Efficiency department.
“The CB Unicorn Dazzler will be available to customers by end of May. It is an ideal bike for young people who aspire for aggressive style and performance. The bike offers blistering performance by delivering a power of 14 bhp and a mileage of 60 km per litre. With a price-tag of Rs 62,900 (Delhi Ex-Showroom), the bike is a very attractive option for the Indian youngsters. We plan to sell 120,000 units of CB Unicorn and CB Unicorn Dazzler in the first year,” said Mr. N. K. Rattan, operating head, Sales & Marketing, HMSI.

Source : Motoroids.com - Motoroids.com
Old 13th May 2010, 03:08   #2
Senior - BHPian

man such timing, i finally build up mine and they gotta come out with this one aaarrrggghhhhh!!!
Old 13th May 2010, 04:19   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rider60 View Post
man such timing, i finally build up mine and they gotta come out with this one aaarrrggghhhhh!!!

Rider, Brother i really feel for you ...

Well just a saying ..

'OLD is Always GOLD'

Cheers
Old 13th May 2010, 09:42   #4
BHPian

This change was long due. The unicorn was starting to get boring with no changes at all all these years. The digital console was definitely a must as almost all the other bikes had it but it does look a little small as compared to the tacho. Rear disc brake is a welcome change. Clip on handle bars would have been great.
As usual Honda vehicles always come at a premium price.
Old 14th May 2010, 17:55   #5
Senior - BHPian

From the Official Press Release:

Quote:
Honda CB Unicorn Dazzler’s blistering performance and aggressive style to entice youngsters

Style and aggression to add more value to the bike
  • Aggressive Styling: Floating side cowl, Aggressive front, Wide rear tyre
  • Advanced equipments like Front & Rear disc brakes, digital meter, tubeless tyres
  • Refined 150cc Honda engine to deliver 14 BHP
  • Best in the class mileage: 60 kmpl*
  • Convenience with Maintenance-free battery and viscous air-filter
  • Comfort with Mono Suspension, Advance design diamond frame
  • Environment-friendly bike complying with BS-III norms

Mumbai, May 14, 2010: Honda Motorcycle & Scooter India Pvt. Ltd. (HMSI), the 100% owned 2-wheeler subsidiary of the Honda Motor Company, Japan – the world’s largest manufacturer of 2-wheelers, today launched its CB Unicorn Dazzler bike.

Honda entered in the Motorcycle market in India in 2004 with the introduction of Unicorn (now CB Unicorn). CB Unicorn has been refreshed regularly to meet the diversified needs of customers. With one of the most refined engine in the segment, CB Unicorn has created a very premium image among the mature male customers. CB Unicorn will continue to exist in the segment. The CB Unicorn Dazzler that we have launched today is a step further towards adding more value to the much-admired model.

Living up to the style aspirations of Indian two-wheeler customers, the CB Unicorn Dazzler offers aggressive styling, advanced equipments, blistering performance, impressive mileage of 60 kmpl*, comfort and convenience.

The bike has aggressive style with floating side cowl, aggressive front, screenless front cowl, 110/80 wider rear tyre and half-chain case. Other attractive features include: two-tone seat, new design mirror, handle bar weights, 3D emblem, digital meter and front & rear disc brake.

Various advanced equipments have been added in the bike which makes it the best in its segment.

Powered with 150cc reformed engine, the bike delivers excellent performance with 14 BHP power. It is equipped with tubeless tyres and alloy wheels and offers best pick-up and mileage combination in the segment.
CB Unicorn Dazzler will deliver a mileage of 60 kmpl*. The bike is equipped with maintenance free battery & viscous air filter for more convenience. Strictly adhering to the BS-III norms, it is environment friendly like all other Honda products.

The price for ex showroom Mumbai is Rs. 67,000.

The CB Unicorn Dazzler will be available to the customers by the end of May, 2010. The bike will be available in four attractive colours – Armour Gold Metallic, Pearl Nightstar Black, Sword Silver Metallic and Pearl Siena Red.
Old 16th May 2010, 01:30   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dippy View Post
From the Official Press Release:
It was long due. They should have launched this 1-2 years back. Anyway better late than never. Price is also not very bad considering the features it offers.

I just heard that Discover 150cc is starting from price tag of Rs 46,000. I just wonder how bajaj keep the cost down ? It is unbelievable pricing.
Old 16th May 2010, 07:23   #7
BHPian

The bike at the Auto show earlier this year which was white and brown looks very different from the one launched now, the bike at the Auto show looked very good, but this is a little disappointing.
Old 16th May 2010, 07:27   #8
BHPian

The bike showcased at the Auto show earlier this year looked different, I think it had a longer wheelbase but the one launced looks like the existing Unicorn wheelbase, sadly the colour showcased which was white is also not available in the production version. I'm a little disappointed with the launched version.
Old 16th May 2010, 08:26   #9
Team-BHP Support

CB Stunner and CB Twister (With a better rear tyre) look better than the CB Unicorn Dazzler IMO. Something missing in the dazzler design. Honda could have done better considering the USP of this bike is styling. Bikes like FZ and Hunk have it beaten IMO.

As per Honda site, CB Unicorn is still available, along with CB Unicorn Dazzler. Looks like Honda wants to retain both the older as well as newer generation customers.

PS- 'CB Unicorn Dazzler'! Who coins such names?
Old 16th May 2010, 11:07   #10
Senior - BHPian

LOL. Yeah, i get reminded of Eyetex Dazzler all the time.

A similar thread exists already!
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorb...s-details.html
Old 17th May 2010, 07:21   #11
BHPian

for me it looks like a beefed up discover
Old 17th May 2010, 12:06   #12
BANNED

The Uni Sport has better looks, they just added a flaring to keep up with Pulsar 200 . And pray why the rear discs?
I feel it's overstyled and the still the same 150cc. Surely feels like they don't have any plans for an upgrade for Uni.
Old 18th May 2010, 00:45   #13
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaks View Post
The Uni Sport has better looks, they just added a flaring to keep up with Pulsar 200 . And pray why the rear discs?
I feel it's overstyled and the still the same 150cc. Surely feels like they don't have any plans for an upgrade for Uni.
hey we dont need a unicorn upgrade, i think its about time they launched a better engine (mill) than karizma's, how about the honda 300cc they launched in brazil for starters?

and you guys do know that, stunner, shine, unicorn, cbzxtreme and hunk all have the same bottom engines right? which pretty much is the same engine with some ignorable differences tech wise. (and alot by how they look.).

Last edited by rider60 : 18th May 2010 at 00:48.
Old 18th May 2010, 08:03   #14
BHPian

I was eagerly waiting for this version to come out, but somehow I'm not liking it, don't know why, don't like the colours offered, and it looks like a pure cometic upgrade, just adding a digital console and a rear disk, and false sides to make the tank look bigger, is not enough.
Old 18th May 2010, 18:36   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
CB Stunner and CB Twister (With a better rear tyre) look better than the CB Unicorn Dazzler IMO. Something missing in the dazzler design. Honda could have done better considering the USP of this bike is styling. Bikes like FZ and Hunk have it beaten IMO.

As per Honda site, CB Unicorn is still available, along with CB Unicorn Dazzler. Looks like Honda wants to retain both the older as well as newer generation customers.

PS- 'CB Unicorn Dazzler'! Who coins such names?
Agree with you fully. Something missing in the Dazzler. Though it is better than Unicorn, it is not as great looker as a Stunner. Hunk looks lot better than this Dazzler.

They could have named it as 'Unicorn Sports'. Dazzler??

But, Keeping aside the styling part, the bike is really an excellent product with 14 bhp under belt, with monoshocks, rear disc (Nissin), digital console, 110 rear tyre, specially developed front sticky tyre (Zapper FQ, thread patter is like R15 tyre), viscous air filter, MF battery, etc. All this at an extrac cost of 4k than CB Unicorn.

Last edited by ravi@64bhp : 18th May 2010 at 18:40.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks