Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd April 2010, 21:05   #31
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leepower View Post
Thanks Jay, i'll talk with the k and n guys today about filter. Which filter and muffler do u recommend?
Shakeel goldie from Pune. K&N pod filter(R1060) or the Uni foam filter(not available in India) which apparently filters a little better.

Cheers,

Jay
Old 5th April 2010, 09:44   #32
BHPian

New woes, someone must have bumped into my bike when it was parked, now one of the indicators is broken. Can't find a replacement :( . My bike has the dark orange indicators, now only the ones with the clear glass and orange bulbs are available.
I like the original orange ones better.
Old 5th April 2010, 12:34   #33
BHPian

@slicvic : my STD had those transparent ones, i purchased the original Classic orange indicator glasses, they were a bolt on fit to my std. 350 indicators. hope you can find them at dealer/brand store
Old 5th April 2010, 13:02   #34
Senior - BHPian

There are so many RX's in the market, and there is no shortage of spares. Only the 135 5s, RXZ 5s and the RDs have availability issues. Bullet in the same manner will probably never be short of spares. Engine components and spares for the older bullets will not be as much of an issue as spares for the Thunderbird and Machismo AVLs.
Old 5th April 2010, 13:07   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shan2129 View Post
@slicvic : my STD had those transparent ones, i purchased the original Classic orange indicator glasses, they were a bolt on fit to my std. 350 indicators. hope you can find them at dealer/brand store
Thanks for the lead, didn't know that the classic comes with orange indicator glasses. While searching i found the indicators of the Rx to be a bolt on fit too, but the colour is a lighter orange, not the darker orange found on the bullet
Old 6th April 2010, 17:15   #36
BHPian

Yup, RX's indicator is not dark enough. I have the transparent ones on my Bull. They look okay
Old 6th April 2010, 17:17   #37
BHPian

Heard about the new RE joke -- STD UCE 350!!!
Old 6th April 2010, 17:43   #38
BHPian

Went to the RE dealer in udupi for the orange indicator, reply from the dealer: "waiting period for bike is 4 months saar, waiting period for spares of the bike also 4 months saar"

now who would want to buy the classic once he hears that?
Old 7th April 2010, 17:46   #39
BHPian

Same story here. I tried to get front disc brake for my Bull. When to RE dealer Dhoni Automobiles, they didn't have it. Then I tried my luck at Shree Automobiles (Pune), the dude said it will take two months to get it!!!
Old 7th April 2010, 17:57   #40
BHPian

Even i'm on the drum brakes. In other words i use my right foot for brakes
Old 12th April 2010, 12:35   #41
BHPian

Hey.
I am having problems with the suspension on my 6k+ km/8month old standard 350.
the bike see saw's at speeds of 60-70km/hr
I showed it the the A.S.S (Wheelocity motors, Andheri (E), mumbai) he says the rear suspension has become loose hence the see saw.
my riding style is pretty sedate. I avoid pot holes, bumpy roads etc. so no question of abusing the bike. my speeds are max upto 70-80km/hr when the roads are clear.
So now I am in a dilemma
1) Are the Shocks covered under warranty?
2) Should i go for the Stock Shocks that come with standard?
3) Should i go for the Gas shocks?

Does any 1 have an idea whether Hagons's shocks are available in Bombay.?
i have checked at the at the US RE site and Hitchcock's site and they cost a bomb when compared to the one's sold by RE. (10,436/-for a pair of Hagon's)
Thanks in advance
Regards
Old 12th April 2010, 18:00   #42
BHPian

@ iron

Could it be the rear wheel bearings?

If it indeed is the shocks and you have to change them, go for gas filled ones. They are much better.
Old 13th April 2010, 00:50   #43
BHPian

I would stick with the stock shocks, but that's just me, cos the vibration that my bull gives eases my body and soul Check the wheel bearing and spokes too!!!
I had a friend who bought a 1989 bull which never used to stay in stand and the bike was very unstable at 50+. Even a slight nudge would get it out of the stand. Guess who was the culprit?
The previous owner had replaced the RE shocks with Hero Honda shocks
Old 30th July 2010, 16:17   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leepower View Post
I would stick with the stock shocks, but that's just me, cos the vibration that my bull gives eases my body and soul Check the wheel bearing and spokes too!!!
I had a friend who bought a 1989 bull which never used to stay in stand and the bike was very unstable at 50+. Even a slight nudge would get it out of the stand. Guess who was the culprit?
The previous owner had replaced the RE shocks with Hero Honda shocks
Hero Honda shocks on a bull.

There is a mechanic on Sinhgad Road, he only services Bulls. I used to get my bike serviced from there. I have a 2004 RE Thunderbird, he is really good and can get the spares for the bull also.

PM me if you need his number.
Old 24th August 2010, 00:09   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by slicvic View Post
i'm still on the lookout for the MRF 3.50/19.... anybody in bangalore know if its available there?
Try the MRF showroom on JC road. PM me if you want more details. I got mine few months ago for Rs. 3.5k

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks