Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th February 2015, 21:50   #106
BHPian

Re: Bangalore - Sunday Morning Short Rides

Doing an early morning ride tomorrow to Kolar CCD / Adigas. Will be starting from HSR at 4.30am and ride through Whitefield - Budigere Cross - Old Madras Road and take the same route back.

Anyone interested, would love to have some company.
Old 7th February 2015, 22:11   #107
Senior - BHPian

Sorry bud! Really wanted to ride tomorrow but caught up with some work here now! Dont know if I can get up early tomorrow!
man_of_steel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th February 2015, 13:03   #108
BHPian

We did a short ride again this Sunday. It was a quick blast to the airport, from there to Chickballapur and then some narrow B road to Kolar. Breakfast stop there and then a quick blast back to Bangalore.

Some highlights -
- We were stopped at the airport entrance by the armed military personnel who did not let us enter the airport even though we said we were just passing through. They made us turn around and go back, not sure why.
- The airport entrance has a nice sweeping right hander, never realized how sweet it was on a car. It was just awesome to go up.
- If you are coming back from the airport and take the exit towards Devanahalli and not towards BLR, there is another never ending left hander which is a nice place to put your foot down
- The back roads from Chickballapur to Kolar while interspread with villages has some beautiful stretches. Both the scenery and the road itself are very nice to ride.
- Once you get to Kolar try to avoid the ever popular Adiga's for breakfast, you may have to wait for long. We did breakfast at Woody's where the food was ok but the service was pretty quick.
- Return journey, while there are stretches where you can stretch the legs of your bike, do watch for bikes/autos crisscrossing whenever and wherever they want. Dangerous!!

I had another BHPian this time for the ride - @viper_711 on his Ninja 650, along with Satish on his CBR 250, Aditya on his HD Iron, Rohan on the Duke 390, Pavan on the Busa and myself on my Ninja. Just two pics this time, will try to post more later.
Attached Thumbnails
Bangalore - Sunday Morning Short Rides-dsc04105.jpg  

Bangalore - Sunday Morning Short Rides-dsc04106.jpg  

Bangalore - Sunday Morning Short Rides-dsc04107.jpg  

Attached Images

Last edited by killjoy : 9th February 2015 at 13:03. Reason: Added some more pics
Old 9th February 2015, 14:24   #109
Senior - BHPian

Too bad I missed this one. Would have loved to join in especially as both the outgoing and incoming routes are easily accessible for me since I'm located at CV raman Nagar. But I had just returned from a 2 night 2 up ride to Chickmagalur.

Anyone next Sunday the 15th.

Yes Adigas Kolar does get very crowded on Sunday morning. It has become some sort of a tourist attraction with hordes of people come to admire/ click the SBKs. Woody's is a good alternative. Also there is a new place opened up after Woodys on Rt of the highway.
Old 9th February 2015, 20:46   #110
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by goandude View Post
Too bad I missed this one. Would have loved to join in especially as both the outgoing and incoming routes are easily accessible for me since I'm located at CV raman Nagar. But I had just returned from a 2 night 2 up ride to Chickmagalur.

Anyone next Sunday the 15th.

Yes Adigas Kolar does get very crowded on Sunday morning. It has become some sort of a tourist attraction with hordes of people come to admire/ click the SBKs. Woody's is a good alternative. Also there is a new place opened up after Woodys on Rt of the highway.

I am a newbie on t-bhp. This Sunday, when do we start? And where?
Old 10th February 2015, 18:42   #111
BHPian

Hey Killjoy, good ride on Sunday. We should do this more often.
This Sunday Aditya and I are planning to ride. Maybe about 250 to 300 kms. Will put up details as we approach the weekend. Anyone want to join is welcome.
viper_711 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th February 2015, 18:44   #112
Senior - BHPian

Shucks all my weekends are busy this month - weddings, weddings and more weddings. Probably join you guys next month.
Old 17th February 2015, 20:03   #113
Senior - BHPian

Went for a short ride with 8 other riders from our Ninja group to Adigas Kolar and for a change bikes weren't the main attraction. We had theseBangalore - Sunday Morning Short Rides-img_20150215_082402.jpg

Bangalore - Sunday Morning Short Rides-img_20150215_072401.jpg

Bangalore - Sunday Morning Short Rides-img_20150215_072413.jpg
goandude is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th February 2015, 21:48   #114
BHPian

Guys! Breakfast ride tomorrow (Yes it's on a Saturday Morning ).

Destination: A2B, Shoolagiri (Bangalore - Chennai Road)

Meeting time: 6.30 AM

Meeting point: Just after EC elevated highway (Heading towards Krishnagiri)

Confirmed Participants:

1. neil.jericho (Continental GT)
2. MavericK46 (Duke 390)
3. shaikhmimran (TB 500)
4. Added_Flavor (CBR 250R)

Please PM me if you are joining us.

Last edited by Added_flavor : 20th February 2015 at 21:52.
Old 20th February 2015, 23:19   #115
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Added_flavor View Post
Guys! Breakfast ride tomorrow (Yes it's on a Saturday Morning ).

Destination: A2B, Shoolagiri (Bangalore - Chennai Road)

Meeting time: 6.30 AM

Meeting point: Just after EC elevated highway (Heading towards Krishnagiri)

Confirmed Participants:

1. neil.jericho (Continental GT)
2. MavericK46 (Duke 390)
3. shaikhmimran (TB 500)
4. Added_Flavor (CBR 250R)

Please PM me if you are joining us.
I'd love to join the ride but not sure if you guys would tolerate my speed though. I just picked up my Street 750 a couple of days ago and still haven't crossed 80 kms on the ODO (still have another 50 odd kms to go to reach those numbers). Until then my rides going to be at 50-60 kmph. I was contemplating going solo on the NICE Road up to Tumkur Road (maybe a bit further as well) and back to E-city since I didn't want people to get bogged down by my running in period speeds, but if you folks don't mind shepherding a noob (both the bike and me!!) on your rides, I definitely will join in.
Old 21st February 2015, 11:54   #116
Distinguished - BHPian

Now purists will say that the thread title reads Sunday morning short rides and this post is about a saturday morning ride but let's not get bogged down by the details. Added Flavor wanted to do the ride in on his brand spanking new (well its a week and 300 odd kms old but again lets not get bogged down by the details) CBR250 so I thought we would be in for a relaxed ride. I was quite surprised to see the speeds we maintained, all this while the CBR was actually being run in carefully. Just goes to show what a gem of a motor it has. Oh and it passes my sophisticated pinky test

After gulping down a nice breakfast we rode back early enough for me to catch the second half of the Warriors mowing down the Spurs with remarkable ease. Once again a great ride and great guys to ride with. What more could one ask for(besides better pictures that is)?

Bangalore - Sunday Morning Short Rides-parking-lot-1.jpg
Mandatory parking lot picture, cause you know, its ummm mandatory

Bangalore - Sunday Morning Short Rides-lineup-2.jpg
Colour coordination makes others (in background?) look decidedly less stylish!

Bangalore - Sunday Morning Short Rides-lineup-1.jpg
Three's company!

Bangalore - Sunday Morning Short Rides-parking-lot-2.jpg
Keeping the RE flag flying high

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snehal Sekhar View Post
I'd love to join the ride but not sure if you guys would tolerate my speed though. I just picked up my Street 750 a couple of days ago and still haven't crossed 80 kms on the ODO (still have another 50 odd kms to go to reach those numbers). Until then my rides going to be at 50-60 kmph. I was contemplating going solo on the NICE Road up to Tumkur Road (maybe a bit further as well) and back to E-city since I didn't want people to get bogged down by my running in period speeds, but if you folks don't mind shepherding a noob (both the bike and me!!) on your rides, I definitely will join in.
Snehal, with those speeds it will make a lot of sense to finish the planned run in and then join us for our weekend rides. We will keep this thread updated with details on all upcoming rides around Bangalore. Looking forward to having the Street 750 join our mixed bag of two wheelers.
neil.jericho is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st February 2015, 15:51   #117
BHPian

Looked like I missed a good ride. Will catch up with you guys next time for sure.
Old 21st February 2015, 16:50   #118
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by killjoy View Post
Looked like I missed a good ride. Will catch up with you guys next time for sure.
Missed this. Anyway my ST7 is in garage for 3 weeks and my Avenger isn't in the best of shapes. But I will join you guys first chance I get. A little earlier notice going forward will be nice!
Old 21st February 2015, 17:49   #119
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil.jericho View Post
Oh and it passes my sophisticated pinky test
Oh I loved the pinky test! Will do it on every CBR I find now! Just to see how they fare against mine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snehal Sekhar View Post
Hi Snehal,

IMO I do not think you need to stick to speeds of 50-60 kmph to run in a bike as powerful as the Street 750. Although I'm not sure what the HD manual says, it is more important to stick to an RPM limit (rather than a speed limit) and ride under varying RPMs under the threshold RPM, but across gears.

I'm also running in my CBR and was effortlessly cruising along at 5K RPM (speeds of 80-90 kmph) with brief bursts to marginally higher RPMs.

Anyway, hope to see you in the subsequent weekend rides!

Quote:
Originally Posted by killjoy View Post
It was indeed a relaxed ride with great company bro! We will catch up soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSDey View Post
A little earlier notice going forward will be nice!
Yes Sir, the next rides will be planned and posted earlier!

Last edited by Added_flavor : 21st February 2015 at 17:56.
Old 21st February 2015, 23:59   #120
BHPian

Today's ride was short & sweet! Great company, bikes in vivid beautiful colors, solid group riding techniques & a yummy breakfast.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks