Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th May 2015, 13:12   #301
BHPian

Re: Bangalore - Sunday Morning Short Rides

@Goandude, your wish is my command Count me in guys. See you all at Nice road, Tumkur road jn at 6. Samarth, it'll be nice catching up after ages
hifisharu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th May 2015, 17:13   #302
BHPian

Chances of rains in the morning in Bangalore and double D hills. Do carry your rain protectors all who are joining in .
Old 17th May 2015, 13:59   #303
BHPian

This week we did a Saturday ride than the usual Sunday rides to Double D (DevarayanaDurga) Hill near Tumkur.

This was by far the best short ride. Thanks to the weather gods - we had a bit of rain yesterday night and sun never came out throughout the 160+kms round trip (Perfect setup). The route was simply AWESOMEEEE!!! We were all cruising in triple digits and boy what a line up - 2 Baby Ninja’s, 2 D390’s, Ninja 650, Kawasaki Z800, Honda CBR 250R, Triumph StreetTriple, Triumph Tiger XcX, and Yamaha R15…

Meeting point was decided as Nice Rd junction, Tumkur Rd at 06am we got delayed a bit, due to the confusion between the Ninja’s and R15 (that’s me btw!!!) but all’s well that ends well

The Route was completely lush green and once you go off the Tumkur Rd, I felt like I have entered different world twisty roads covered by trees on both the sides. You need to take quite few turns to reach the Hilltop.

Luckily we had couple of guys who have done this route before and hence did not face much issue in terms of taking the right turns. CBR250 was leading the pack.

Roads were simply Amazing!!! Probably the initial couple kms (once you get of Tumkur road) had some speed breakers (obvious with small town and railway track around) but once you cross those, its only twisty’s till you reach the hilltop.

Area around the Hilltop was equally good and had a bit of fog as well. Surprisingly not crowded at all; lack of awareness, we were early, or maybe coz it was Saturday??? Whatever the reason, I was happy… We heard the music of StreetTriple and Tiger; StreetTriple Sound was good, btw it sounds great when it was actually being driven, but well nothing comes close to the music of Daytona period (Wish it was in affordable range)

We did some good photo session & breakfast at Kamath @Tumkur Rd; Will let the pictures do the talking….
Attached Thumbnails
Bangalore - Sunday Morning Short Rides-dsc_0971_signed.jpg  

Bangalore - Sunday Morning Short Rides-dsc_0950_signed.jpg  

Bangalore - Sunday Morning Short Rides-dsc_0939_signed.jpg  

Chida is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 17th May 2015, 17:52   #304
BHPian

Guys, missed this one. Where's the next week's ride? I am coming for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chida View Post
This week we did a Saturday ride than the usual Sunday rides to Double D (DevarayanaDurga) Hill near Tumkur.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 17th May 2015 at 19:09. Reason: Trimmed quoted post. Inconveniences our mobile readers. Thanks.
Old 18th May 2015, 06:37   #305
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSDey View Post
Guys, missed this one. Where's the next week's ride? I am coming for sure.
Hey MrSDey, not sure if there is going to be a ride next week; too early to say

If there is a plan you would find a post here for the same with details.
Old 18th May 2015, 11:57   #306
Senior - BHPian

Thanks Chida for the write up and pictures. It was a great ride, due to the route being superb. Initially I thought of following google to DD hills thru Dobbespet, but Suhas Added_flavour who has been to DD innumerable times advised against this route and preferred the route through Tumkur. So he was elected leaded and from Nice rd Tumkur rd junction we did good speeds till Tumkur. After the speedbreaker we turned right. As usual Sojogator had his eyes/tongue concentrating on Goa or Mumbai so he continued straight leading to some more confusion and delay. Nevertheless he landed up after a small chase by Man of steel.

The roads from Tumkur to DD hills is 2 lane smooth surface and twisty, in other words, made for bikes. The only slight damper was the presence of sand on some turns on the last few hairpins leading up to the hills. The sight of greenery all around, the red flowers of the Gulmohur trees fallen to the ground contrasting with the black smooth tarmac. Almost orgasmic.

Return was uneventful and entry into Bangalore happy due to the lovely weather. Incidentally it started raining as soon as I entered home.

There is a Forest/govt guest house on the hill and can be booked through someone in Tumkur. Would be a great overnighter.
Bangalore - Sunday Morning Short Rides-img_20150516_074516.jpg

Bangalore - Sunday Morning Short Rides-img_20150516_085904.jpgAfter some waiting, the 10 riders with their steeds. Forgot to mention the mist which did effect our view, but who's complaining.

Last edited by goandude : 18th May 2015 at 11:58.
goandude is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 18th May 2015, 12:22   #307
BHPian

Absolutely brilliant ride. With the good number of turn ups, it turned out to be great fun, especially the stretch from Tumkur Road till DD hills that I did on my own I spotted the group from the top of the hills as, suddenly, I could hear the arrows shooting through the peace of nature

The roads were awe-inspiring indeed. Green all around, literally, thanks to the gleaming green canopy.

Reds and yellows and purples flanking the road every now and then, made the ride through the well laid twisties a spectacle. And the mist on the top of the hills was the icing on the cake ! I mean, it is the middle of May !

Weather has been playing excellent wing-man for the past 2 weekends and, hopefully, long it may continue. To the next one !

Bangalore - Sunday Morning Short Rides-dsc07491.jpg

Bangalore - Sunday Morning Short Rides-dsc07494.jpg
Sojogator is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 18th May 2015, 14:14   #308
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by goandude View Post
Planning a ride on Saturday the 16th to DD hills. Meeting point NICE road Tumkur road junction at 0600 h. 70 odd kms from Bangalore, approx 4 hours including breakfast stop. So far Added_flavour, Sojogator, Sammyboy and Chida have confirmed. Anyone else joining, welcome.

barcalad - have a great time in Cal. Sad I didn't get to ride with you.
Missed the DD trip with all these wonderful riders . The photos have come out very well. I think we should plan for a slightly longer trip (probably a overnight stay) some time later.
Old 18th May 2015, 21:55   #309
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chida View Post
What an excellent line up of bikes man! One awesome ride it must have been to DD Hills. Sad I had to miss out on it though.

BTW...out of this group I know Sammyboy, Chida and Man of Steel. Would someone be good enough and let me who the others are please.

Last edited by Snehal Sekhar : 18th May 2015 at 22:01.
Old 19th May 2015, 12:20   #310
BHPian

Hello All,

I was not sure of waking up in time to join the ride, anyway left from home sharp 6AM and met up with the riders waiting at appointed place. This was my first ride with TBHPian's, was welcomed aboard and after waiting for some time for others to join we started.
The sight just before entering Kyatsandra (where we turn off the NH) was unbelievable, the place was shrouded in fog (I had a suspicion it might be pollution not being able to escape !) The scenery up and down DD hills was great, lush green, swirling fog at the top, gulmohar carpet here and there. Only downside was sand at the turns owing to the rains.
I was holding back from trying to lean more at the turns as my rear tyre was not feeling too planted / skittish, I realised the next day that I had set ride mode to rain and messed up the ABS and traction control settings .
The ride back to Bangalore was saddening as there was just so much roadkill (I haven't seen so many of man's best friend lifeless on the road)

Looking forward to the next ride,

Some pics from my messed up phonecam.

Bangalore - Sunday Morning Short Rides-img_20150516_074326060.jpg

Bangalore - Sunday Morning Short Rides-img_20150516_074340943_hdr.jpg

Bangalore - Sunday Morning Short Rides-img_20150516_074408157_hdr.jpg

Bangalore - Sunday Morning Short Rides-img_20150516_082314294_hdr.jpg

Bangalore - Sunday Morning Short Rides-img_20150516_082324890_hdr.jpg

Bangalore - Sunday Morning Short Rides-img_20150516_082331655_hdr.jpg

Regards,
Veera
PS : The black Ninja was the cleanest bike I have seen, it even had the least muck after our ride !
veerameti is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th May 2015, 13:09   #311
BHPian

That black one belongs to the Lord Of Clean, Abhiskek. Thou shalt not have a machine cleaner than his in all of the realms

Nice pictures there. Best part is quite a few of us took the pictures and everyone's are quite different from each other. Says a lot about the place.

The Tiger you got there is an absolute monster though, pawning every other machine around it. First time I felt my Roadbuster looked small !

Was great riding with you !

Last edited by Sojogator : 19th May 2015 at 13:14.
Sojogator is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th May 2015, 13:57   #312
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by veerameti View Post
I was holding back from trying to lean more at the turns as my rear tyre was not feeling too planted / skittish, I realised the next day that I had set ride mode to rain and messed up the ABS and traction control settings .
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sojogator View Post
The Tiger you got there is an absolute monster though, pawning every other machine around it.
That said, @Veer, you should have taken that small trail on your monster and should have experienced this..

Bangalore - Sunday Morning Short Rides-11219468_839229046124825_6249127999086119759_o.jpg

This was the only post worthy shot from my crappy cell phone cam!
man_of_steel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th May 2015, 14:35   #313
BHPian

Quote:
The ride back to Bangalore was saddening as there was just so much roadkill (I haven't seen so many of man's best friend lifeless on the road)
It was nice to meet you and the Tiger Sir!

You are absolutely right about the quoted point. It was heartrending to see so many of those little fur balls dead on the road.
Old 19th May 2015, 16:20   #314
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snehal Sekhar View Post
What an excellent line up of bikes man! One awesome ride it must have been to DD Hills. Sad I had to miss out on it though.

BTW...out of this group I know Sammyboy, Chida and Man of Steel. Would someone be good enough and let me who the others are please.
2 Baby Ninja’s - Sammyboy & Porchefire
2 D390’s - Man_of_steel & Maverik
Ninja 650 - Goandude
Kawasaki Z800 - Sojogator
Honda CBR 250R - Added_flavor
Triumph StreetTriple - Hifi Sharu
Triumph Tiger XcX - Veerameti
Yamaha R15 - Chida
Chida is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th May 2015, 08:09   #315
BHPian

Quote:
PS : The black Ninja was the cleanest bike I have seen, it even had the least muck after our ride !
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sojogator View Post
That black one belongs to the Lord Of Clean, Abhiskek. Thou shalt not have a machine cleaner than his in all of the realms
Veera and Sojo - Thank you thank you for those kind words!!! My Ninja's blushing after reading these comments!
Sojo - Lord of clean!!?? I've the One Ring to Rule them all!!!

I've been to DD hills numerous times but this ride was just something else! The road after we took a right from Tumkur Road was heaven! This one has to be one of the best stretches to motor on, in & around Bangalore.
The ride was even more fun because of the riders with whom I've built a very good connect, thanks to Whatsapp. I look forward to every weekend to ride and also have fun with these good mates of mine! It was great meeting Sammyboy and hifisharu after almost 4 years!!! And Added_flavor, for leading the way to this awesome stretch!!! Sojo is so damn funny that he can make your bones tickle! Goandude, Man_of_steel, Maverik, Chida are fantastic and equally hilarious. Veeramati, are we glad that you joined us for the ride.
The highlight of the ride was definitely the huge XCX and the mouthwatering Arrow'ed Striple.

Looking forward to more rides with you all!!!
Porschefire is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks