Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd May 2015, 15:54   #271
BHPian

Re: Bangalore - Sunday Morning Short Rides

Quote:
Originally Posted by barcalad View Post
A solo ride, after ages. One of the best things about solo rides is that you can stop at your will, click at your will and do what you will. But then, nothing beats a group ride with good company. Pretty unfortunate that all of my fellow co-riders had some engagements or the other.
I'm green with envy mate! Sad I couldn't join you on this one. Is this the Kanakapura-Anchetty Route? Beautiful scenery and pictures. I liked the last one the best, what with the ray of light shining on your helmet.
Anyway, as posted earlier, I'm off on a biryani ride tomorrow and would love to have you join me and Chida.

Last edited by n_aditya : 4th May 2015 at 10:28. Reason: quote tags fixed
Old 2nd May 2015, 15:59   #272
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snehal Sekhar View Post
I'm green with envy mate! Sad I couldn't join you on this one. Is this the Kanakapura-Anchetty Route? Beautiful scenery and pictures. I liked the last one the best, what with the ray of light shining on your helmet.
Anyway, as posted earlier, I'm off on a biryani ride tomorrow and would love to have you join me and Chida.
Yes. It's the same route I had told you about.

I observed that photo when I was home, and it looked so very natural. A pretty spiritual photo, I must say!

Off to Ambur, eh? Someone's self-treating himself!
Old 2nd May 2015, 17:02   #273
BHPian

Quote:
Indeed. In group rides, major photography is done only when you reach your destination or stop somewhere for breakfast. Stopping at some-place picturesque would require consent from your co-riders as well.

Next time I ride with you guys, feel free to stop at any scenic place. I too love taking in the lovely sceneries but considering riders around me, I wouldn't ask anyone else too. But looks like there are quite a few with similar mindset of stopping at every breath taking view
Sojogator is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2015, 17:12   #274
BHPian

Quote:
So me and Chida have decided to do a Biryani ride tomorrow. We are off to Ambur and back. Plan is to leave at 10:30 in the morn and return by 3 - 3:30 PM. The distance from E-city to Ambur is about 145 kms.
The rendezvous is at 10:30 am at the signal (on Hosur Road) just after the Bommanahalli-Electronic City elevated toll way. If anyone wants to join in the ride, send me a PM.
Snehal sekhar, Chida - A word of caution while you ride to Ambur. The summer is belting Ambur and the temp goes or exceeds 40 degrees. I was in vellore which is close to Ambur and the heat was unbearable. Please make sure you are prepared well for the temperature onslaught. Happy and safe riding.
shan_ned is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2015, 17:28   #275
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
A solo ride, after ages.
Wow man, what a beautiful landscape and well written bro. Unfortunate couldn't join you today but your knowledge of off beat routes keeps me intrigued. I still can't recollect any of the paths but the rides are imprinted .
sammyboy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2015, 17:45   #276
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sojogator View Post
Next time I ride with you guys, feel free to stop at any scenic place. I too love taking in the lovely sceneries but considering riders around me, I wouldn't ask anyone else too. But looks like there are quite a few with similar mindset of stopping at every breath taking view
For sure, Sojo. Do bear with me if I ask you to move around your bike a bit to get the best shot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyboy View Post
Wow man, what a beautiful landscape and well written bro. Unfortunate couldn't join you today but your knowledge of off beat routes keeps me intrigued. I still can't recollect any of the paths but the rides are imprinted .
Thanks, sammyboy! The kind of company you ride with keeps the ride imprinted. What better than having a wingman who has amazing telepathic co-ordination with you!
Well, let's hope we do another off beat route as soon as possible! I'm game for any ride unless the destination is Nandi or Kolar.
barcalad is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2015, 18:38   #277
BHPian

Beautiful pics Barcalad & a well written travelogue. The last pic looks almost spiritual.
By the way, as you didn't write about breakfast, I imagine you opened up the visor when those insects attacked you & had a nice nutritional protein breakfast ;-)
shaikhmimran is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2015, 18:45   #278
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaikhmimran View Post
Beautiful pics Barcalad & a well written travelogue. The last pic looks almost spiritual.
By the way, as you didn't write about breakfast, I imagine you opened up the visor when those insects attacked you & had a nice nutritional protein breakfast ;-)
Thanks, mate. Glad you liked them!

Oh, absolutely. They didn't taste nutritional actually. Bear Grylls would surely disapprove.
Old 3rd May 2015, 01:54   #279
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks, mate. Glad you liked them!
Beautiful pics. Your rides inspires some of us as well to go solo.Wish u had named the thread as just Short Rides, though. I could have added some of my ride pics as well
mithunvvijayan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2015, 13:00   #280
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mithunvvijayan View Post
Beautiful pics. Your rides inspires some of us as well to go solo.Wish u had named the thread as just Short Rides, though. I could have added some of my ride pics as well
Thanks, mithun!

Well, since I didn't start the thread, perhaps the mods can start one titled just 'Short Rides', so that people from all over India can post photos and travelogues from their rides. That'll be a brilliant initiative as it will also help people like us know of short destinations in other cities as well!

I think you can post your ride photos here. Shouldn't be an issue. On the contrary, would love to see them considering that you are our neighbour.

Last edited by barcalad : 3rd May 2015 at 13:06.
Old 3rd May 2015, 20:06   #281
BHPian

After much indecisiveness on my part whether to go on a ride or not, me and Chida finally rode to Ambur today. I was actually contemplating on taking a short break from my weekend rides and save up some money for a longish ride that I plan to do in May end. The mind said no more rides but the heart was desperate to hit the roads again. Eventually the heart had his way and off we rode.
Not sure why I chose Ambur, but this place has been running in my head since I got the Red Baron. Barcalad suggested a few other good alternative places to ride to and the routes Barcalad suggests have never been dissapointing till now, but since Ambur was always playing in my mind I decided to go there this time round.
Chida met me at at 9:30 AM at the signal right after the Silk Board - E-city elevated toll way. We made good time since the roads were surprisingly traffic free for a Sunday. Both of us never strained the bikes during any point in the ride and were at comfortable cruising speeds throughout. It took us 2 hours (including a small break that we took for a photograph session and for me to have a smoke) to reach Ambur. Lunch was good for me at least, but poor Chida who I never knew was a vegan had to make do with a vegetarian meal that the waiter managed to get from a near by hotel and as per him, the food was pathetic. Anyway, I hope the ride made up for the bad food Chida.
We left Ambur at 12:30 and again it took us 2 hours on our return journey as well.
A few photos that Chida took just after Krishnagiri.
Attached Thumbnails
Bangalore - Sunday Morning Short Rides-img20150503wa0001.jpg  

Bangalore - Sunday Morning Short Rides-img20150503wa0002.jpg  

Bangalore - Sunday Morning Short Rides-img20150503wa0003.jpg  

Snehal Sekhar is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2015, 21:03   #282
BHPian

Quote:
Chida met me at at 9:30 AM at the signal right after the Silk Board - E-city elevated toll way. We made good time since the roads were surprisingly traffic free for a Sunday. Both of us never strained the bikes during any point in the ride and were at comfortable cruising speeds throughout. It took us 2 hours (including a small break that we took for a photograph session and for me to have a smoke) to reach Ambur. Lunch was good for me at least, but poor Chida who I never knew was a vegan had to make do with a vegetarian meal that the waiter managed to get from a near by hotel and as per him, the food was pathetic. Anyway, I hope the ride made up for the bad food Chida.
Amazing isn't it?? Bangalore-Chennai NH without traffic, we thought would get some traffic on our return, but well no complaints.

Looks like we might have gone to wrong place, Ambur Star Biryani is probably the right place and they have got Veg & Egg biryani as well; may be someone here who has been to that part of the world can confirm.

Don't worry about the food, for me it’s the ride which matters and that was wonderful and nice meeting & knowing you Snehal. Hope to ride with you again soon!!!
Chida is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2015, 21:06   #283
BHPian

Quote:
After much indecisiveness on my part whether to go on a ride or not, me and Chida finally rode to Ambur today. I was actually contemplating on taking a short break from my weekend rides and save up some money for a longish ride that I plan to do in May end. The mind said no more rides but the heart was desperate to hit the roads again. Eventually the heart had his way........
'Sometimes the heart knows things that the mind can never explain.'
- Anonymous

Isn't that true for us bikers, chief? We don't care if we lose out on weekend sleep. We don't care if the ladies in our lives don't respond to our 'Good Morning' before we start. We don't care about the curses that the security guard mumbles when he has to be woken up to open the gate. We don't care when the people in shorts having tea by the roadside at dawn stare at you as if you're a ghost coming out of fog. We don't care if we need to cancel a breakfast plan at a 5-star hotel with friends because the road calls. We certainly don't care when people dissuade you from riding on weekends (especially early mornings) because it's 'risky'.

To be honest, I'm really in awe of you and Chida that you both did a 300km round ride in this afternoon heat. Speaks volumes about your zeal to gear up and hit the tarmac. Massive respect.

Chida, on our next ride, a pure veg breakfast at A2B/Adiga's is on me! I can totally understand how dazed you must've been when you realised Ambur is pro-omnivorous territory.

Last edited by barcalad : 3rd May 2015 at 21:09.
barcalad is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th May 2015, 12:25   #284
BHPian

Anything brewing up for tomorrow morning ?
Old 9th May 2015, 19:12   #285
BHPian

Plan to do Bangalore - Kanakpura - Anchetty - Hosur - Bangalore. Anyone wants to join lemme know. We can work out a meeting point and time.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks