Team-BHP > Motorbikes

Search this Thread
Old 26th April 2015, 23:03   #256
BHPian

Re: Bangalore - Sunday Morning Short Rides

Great Ride done. 2nd one with goandude, chida, Added_flavor and a first with Ned_Shan. As usual, great riders, all helping each other out and adding to the sunday morning fun. Brilliant weather. Mucky bike in no time. One hill. Great roads, wide and narrow, straight and twisty. A handful of superbikes (circus stuff in front of Kamat) . What else would you want on a Sunday morning !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Added_flavor View Post
I think man-of-the-ride today should go to Sojo! With the Z finishing it's run-in, there was no stopping him. When the above incident happened and we were pondering and fiddling with maps, Sojo had rocketed to Hyderabad and finished his biriyani.

Oh and the hum from the Z while engine braking downhill was sweet sweet music! Great bike you got there bro!
Aye it did taste good ! I did let her go a bit ! Freedom till 6K RPM is very satisfying indeed, along with the fact that others did not disappear into the horizon in no time.

I wish I could hear her like others around me do.

And as I told, I would get the faces visible against the sun
Bangalore - Sunday Morning Short Rides-dsc07460.jpg

Lets do this soon again !

Last edited by Sojogator : 26th April 2015 at 23:04.
Sojogator is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th April 2015, 07:58   #257
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sojogator View Post
Great Ride done. 2nd one with goandude, chida, Added_flavor and a first with Ned_Shan. As usual, great riders, all helping each other out and adding to the sunday morning fun. Brilliant weather. Mucky bike in no time. One hill. Great roads, wide and narrow, straight and twisty. A handful of superbikes (circus stuff in front of Kamat) . What else would you want on a Sunday morning !
+1

Yes, thats the best part of riding with you guys, everybody is taken care of.

Special thanks to Added_flavor for the presence of mind to make a video

Quote:
And as I told, I would get the faces visible against the sun
Lets do this soon again !
Well yes, that snap has come out better than expected; good job there Sojogator!!!

I got real good snaps as well, unfortunately size is bigger (>3mb), need to reduce the same before uploading here, will try to do that today evening.

Let’s plan for 3rd May (if possible); getting greedy, can't live without Sunday Morning rides nowadays (as per my wifey)
Chida is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th April 2015, 16:21   #258
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chida View Post
+1

Let’s plan for 3rd May (if possible); getting greedy, can't live without Sunday Morning rides nowadays (as per my wifey)
The moment I reached home after the ride, I hated to get down from the bike. For a moment, I thought why the ride was too short (too greedy even though the distance covered was more than 200 kms). The best part was the ride was so delightful that I slept happily/peacefully for close to 4 hours
Old 27th April 2015, 17:46   #259
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shan_ned View Post
The moment I reached home after the ride, I hated to get down from the bike. For a moment, I thought why the ride was too short (too greedy even though the distance covered was more than 200 kms). The best part was the ride was so delightful that I slept happily/peacefully for close to 4 hours
Wow, that's lot of sleep for daytime; hopefully we will have some plans for coming Sunday and hope to meet you again.

So here we go guys, pictures that I promised, had to resize to get it up here.
Attached Thumbnails
Bangalore - Sunday Morning Short Rides-dsc_0778-1024x678.jpg  

Bangalore - Sunday Morning Short Rides-dsc_0780-1024x678.jpg  

Bangalore - Sunday Morning Short Rides-dsc_0788-1024x678.jpg  

Bangalore - Sunday Morning Short Rides-dsc_0789-1024x678.jpg  

Bangalore - Sunday Morning Short Rides-dsc_0790-1024x678.jpg  

Bangalore - Sunday Morning Short Rides-dsc_0795-1024x639.jpg  

Bangalore - Sunday Morning Short Rides-dsc_0805-1024x678.jpg  

Chida is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th April 2015, 00:25   #260
BHPian

Planning to go on a short ride this Sunday. Will leave only by 10 AM and return by 1-2 PM. The three most likely places are: Muthathi, Devarayanadurga Hills or a bit past the Kolar CCD. If anyone is game for a mid morning short ride, do let me know.
Old 1st May 2015, 19:31   #261
BHPian

Family commitments got the better of me and my Sunday ride's been cancelled as of now.
Old 1st May 2015, 19:39   #262
BHPian

Doing a ride tomorrow morning. Solo, as of now. The route is BLR-Kanakpura-Anchetty-BLR. It'll be a 210 kms total trip. Rendezvous at 5:30 at Kanakpura NICE Road Interchange.

Anyone wishing to join can PM me with their details. Cheers.
Old 1st May 2015, 19:50   #263
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by barcalad View Post
Doing a ride tomorrow morning. Solo, as of now. The route is BLR-Kanakpura-Anchetty-BLR. It'll be a 210 kms total trip. Rendezvous at 5:30 at Kanakpura NICE Road Interchange.

Anyone wishing to join can PM me with their details. Cheers.
Looks like someone is back in town; unfortunately I am working tomorrow.

Anyone planning for Sunday ride ?
Old 1st May 2015, 20:32   #264
BHPian

Quote:
Looks like someone is back in town; unfortunately I am working tomorrow.

Anyone planning for Sunday ride ?
Depending on what time you want to leave though. This Sunday no early morning ride for me as I have commitments galore. Anytime after 10-11 AM is fine, but I'm sure that may be inconvenient for most of you folks. I could do without a ride this weekend, but my heart aches to see my bike lying un-cared for. I will most likely do a solo and back. Let's see how things work out.

Barcalad, it's good to have you back in the hood man. Can't wait to join you on a ride.

Last edited by Snehal Sekhar : 1st May 2015 at 20:37.
Snehal Sekhar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st May 2015, 21:13   #265
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snehal Sekhar View Post
Depending on what time you want to leave though. This Sunday no early morning ride for me as I have commitments galore. Anytime after 10-11 AM is fine, but I'm sure that may be inconvenient for most of you folks. I could do without a ride this weekend, but my heart aches to see my bike lying un-cared for. I will most likely do a solo and back. Let's see how things work out.

Barcalad, it's good to have you back in the hood man. Can't wait to join you on a ride.
Hey Snehal, time is not an issue for me on Sunday, what's the plan?
Old 2nd May 2015, 09:36   #266
BHPian

Quote:
Hey Snehal, time is not an issue for me on Sunday, what's the plan?
So me and Chida have decided to do a Biryani ride tomorrow. We are off to Ambur and back. Plan is to leave at 10:30 in the morn and return by 3 - 3:30 PM. The distance from E-city to Ambur is about 145 kms.
The rendezvous is at 10:30 am at the signal (on Hosur Road) just after the Bommanahalli-Electronic City elevated toll way. If anyone wants to join in the ride, send me a PM.
Old 2nd May 2015, 10:07   #267
BHPian

A solo ride, after ages.

One of the best things about solo rides is that you can stop at your will, click at your will and do what you will. But then, nothing beats a group ride with good company. Pretty unfortunate that all of my fellow co-riders had some engagements or the other. The urge to ride was more than the urge to sleep. Had to ride, anyhow.

Started at 5 sharp, and as expected, Kanakpura road was extremely eerie and quiet. Leaving aside a bus or two, there was hardly any machinery in sight. Before I reached Kanakpura, there was a particular stretch where these bugs/insects, millions of them, charged at me like bats flying out of a cave. Dodging them like landmines, I rode on, for maybe a kilometre, and once I entered some human habitation, I stopped by the road. My helmet was a mess, along with my headlamp and jacket. Cleaned the helmet visor and headlamps and resumed.

After Kanakpura, the road was very picturesque. With clouds hovering above, the weather was a bliss to ride in. Dodging cowdung, bulls and over-eager dog gangs, I rode on in the morning sun. Stopped plenty of times to get some photographs and headed back home.

A very interesting thing that happened today was right after the NICE toll gate at Electronics City. I took NICE Road to return home, and a kilometre into it, I ran over a pothole (which actually didn't look like one. Indian road mirages, well!) and such was the effect that both of my RVMs moved drastically from their original positions. Controlled the motorcycle, gently pulled over praying that my rims weren't totalled. And behold! They were still at their shiny best! Checked twice, and everything seemed normal.
Nevertheless, I concur that KTM actually HAS worked on the alloys on the 2014-15 models. Certified.

Since I clicked a lot of photos today, attaching some for your eyes to relish!

1. After-effect of the insect/bug blitzkreig.

Bangalore - Sunday Morning Short Rides-1.jpg

2. For a change, the ABS helped me stop right under this tree.

Bangalore - Sunday Morning Short Rides-2.jpg

3. Something Goa-esque!

Bangalore - Sunday Morning Short Rides-3.jpg

4. Add Kerala to that.

Bangalore - Sunday Morning Short Rides-4.jpg

5. Would've been my best shot ever, if not for them electricity poles.

Bangalore - Sunday Morning Short Rides-5.jpg

6. Empty roads all along. Lucky day, eh?

Bangalore - Sunday Morning Short Rides-6.jpg

7. Met a lot of interesting creatures along the way.

Bangalore - Sunday Morning Short Rides-7.jpg

8. Didn't spot him, did you?

Bangalore - Sunday Morning Short Rides-8.jpg

9. Attracted a lot of attention here. I hope they launch the Draken soon, though.

Bangalore - Sunday Morning Short Rides-9.jpg

Last edited by barcalad : 2nd May 2015 at 10:13.
barcalad is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2015, 13:02   #268
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by barcalad View Post
One of the best things about solo rides is that you can stop at your will, click at your will and do what you will. But then, nothing beats a group ride with good company. Pretty unfortunate that all of my fellow co-riders had some engagements or the other. The urge to ride was more than the urge to sleep. Had to ride, anyhow.
+1

If you want to do photography then it got to be solo ride, otherwise it would be very annoying for others.

Beautiful pics there, I would have definitely joined you today had it not been for my office work; looks like I missed a pretty picturesque route.
Chida is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2015, 14:55   #269
BHPian

@barcalad the roads look stunning! Looks like you had a blast of a ride.
Old 2nd May 2015, 15:08   #270
BHPian

Quote:
+1

If you want to do photography then it got to be solo ride, otherwise it would be very annoying for others.

Beautiful pics there, I would have definitely joined you today had it not been for my office work; looks like I missed a pretty picturesque route.
Indeed. In group rides, major photography is done only when you reach your destination or stop somewhere for breakfast. Stopping at some-place picturesque would require consent from your co-riders as well.

Thankfully, sammyboy and Snehal Sekhar are the rare breed who don't mind me taking multiple photo stops during our rides.

Thanks a lot, Chida. The route certainly gave me another view of rural Karnataka. Was fun.

Quote:
@barcalad the roads look stunning! Looks like you had a blast of a ride.
Hell yeah, I did! I was initially skeptic on riding alone through such an isolated & interior route. But then, YOLO!

Last edited by barcalad : 2nd May 2015 at 15:18.

Most Viewed