Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th April 2015, 15:51   #211
BHPian

Re: Bangalore - Sunday Morning Short Rides

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sojogator View Post
Anyone else interested could also join !
I am interested, not sure if my R15 can keep pace with the Ninja's??

What time are you targeting? I can join you near Hennur Cross (ORR) or near Esteem Mall Hebbal.

I need to be back by 11:30 - Chinese Grand Prix
Old 11th April 2015, 16:13   #212
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chida View Post

What time are you targeting? I can join you near Hennur Cross (ORR) or near Esteem Mall Hebbal.

We will be taking it a bit slow as there is a new z800 doing the running in. So your R15 would be more than capable. Besides the speed limit is 80 and cops are very active on Sundays not only on the elevated road but on the stretch from airport to Nandi turn off where the speed limit is 60 (not a typo).
So opposite Esteem mall by 6:15 should be good. As of now there is
Porchefire N250, Sojo z800, neil Continental GT, Self N650
Old 11th April 2015, 16:21   #213
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by goandude View Post
We will be taking it a bit slow as there is a new z800 doing the running in. So your R15 would be more than capable. Besides the speed limit is 80 and cops are very active on Sundays not only on the elevated road but on the stretch from airport to Nandi turn off where the speed limit is 60 (not a typo).
@man_of_steel on his D390

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chida View Post

PM number to one of us. Quite a few are starting from esteem mall, around 6 am

Last edited by Sojogator : 11th April 2015 at 16:22.
Old 11th April 2015, 16:25   #214
BHPian

Quote:
Great, I am in and will be there by 06:15.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sojogator View Post
PM number to one of us. Quite a few are starting from esteem mall, around 6 am
I did, to you and Goandude

Mod Note: Please use the EDIT or MULTI-QUOTE buttons instead of typing one post after another on the SAME THREAD!

To know how to multi-quote, click here.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 11th April 2015 at 18:17.
Old 12th April 2015, 12:51   #215
BHPian

Well. Fun Ride. IPC was replaced by Nandi Upahar due to time constraints. Neil, sadly, had a little slide and missed the trip. Hope he and his 'her' recover soon.
Photos go
Attached Thumbnails
Bangalore - Sunday Morning Short Rides-dsc07361.jpg  

Bangalore - Sunday Morning Short Rides-dsc07362.jpg  

Bangalore - Sunday Morning Short Rides-dsc07363.jpg  

Bangalore - Sunday Morning Short Rides-dsc07365.jpg  

Bangalore - Sunday Morning Short Rides-dsc07366.jpg  

Bangalore - Sunday Morning Short Rides-dsc07371.jpg  

Bangalore - Sunday Morning Short Rides-dsc07375.jpg  

Bangalore - Sunday Morning Short Rides-dsc07378.jpg  

Sojogator is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th April 2015, 06:54   #216
Senior - BHPian

It was a short ride to a familiar place but wonderful weather. My first ride with T-BHP and it was great to meet up with 6 of you. Unfortunately time constraints made us opt for Nandi Upahar instead of IPC but then IPC was really crowded. On the bright side Nandi Uphar service was fast and since it opened 10 days ago, the place was shining with very clean and neat washrooms. Unfortunately parking is outside the compound wall so you can't admire your rides while having breakfast.
Attached Thumbnails
Bangalore - Sunday Morning Short Rides-img_20150412_081837.jpg  

goandude is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 13th April 2015, 09:48   #217
BHPian

Quote:
It was a short ride to a familiar place but wonderful weather. My first ride with T-BHP and it was great to meet up with 6 of you. Unfortunately time constraints made us opt for Nandi Upahar instead of IPC but then IPC was really crowded. On the bright side Nandi Uphar service was fast and since it opened 10 days ago, the place was shining with very clean and neat washrooms. Unfortunately parking is outside the compound wall so you can't admire your rides while having breakfast.
+1

It was my first ever group ride, and first ride to Nandi hill. Nice to see some of Ninja's in flesh esp Agent Z's mean machine!!!

Not to forget the Beneli 600i and last but not the least, it was wonderful meeting you guys in person
Old 13th April 2015, 11:40   #218
BHPian

Quote:
My lame face photo in the public Wish my face looked like the one my Roadbuster's got.

Yeah, the cutlery was something, all shiny and twinkling. Probably just out of their boxes.
Parking was a bit unnerving for me, I would have to accept, thanks to the monkeys, I had spotted, kingkonging, higher up in the building !

Great meeting everyone and

I am planning to do a ride to somewhere, around 100kms one direction, this wednesday. Anyone interested in joining ?
Old 14th April 2015, 12:06   #219
BHPian

It's days like today when you have an off at office that you plan days in advance about your dawn plans.

A weekday morning. So, minimal traffic. Excellent weather. Enough moolah for fuel. All checks done.
Right then, let's do this.

Our destination was Van Vilas Sagar Dam. 204 kms from Bangalore, just near Chitradurga. My friend, who rode with us on his I883 in our last ride (photos on previous page), chose to bring his 25k kms old R15 V1 this time for reasons best known to him.
Only to regret it later.

Let's be totally frank here. The road from Nelamangala and onwards IS the best road I've had the opportunity to ride on. Totally. We started from home at the best time possible. The road in question is a SIX laner, with adequate street lighting and NO speed breakers except at Tumkur. We were surprised at the way the road was laid out.
Probably the Chief Engineer of that project was an avid biker too.

There were times when for kilometres there was no truck/bike/human in sight and you could have the entire 3 lanes to yourself. Oh, yes! We had our 'Fast & Furious' moments too. Man, did he miss his Iron! Heh!

I had done my research on the place, like I do before every ride. Entering the dam via the 'normal' route was kicked out of the door. We wanted to just reach the place, and take us where the road would.

Crossed villages with brilliant single lane roads, until it became more and more eerier and inhabited. The water body was to our left, and probably due to a sudden instinct in both of us, we took the next dirt trail that headed into the deep jungles. Stones, rocks, mud, slosh and the noise of wilderness welcomed us. Rode on for a kilometre or two, when just like light at the end of the cave, we came face to face with perhaps the most beautiful sight I've seen in days.
As my friend and partner rightly said, this place was very, very similar to Scotland. Spent an hour and a half there, an unprecedented thing for me as I hardly spend more than half an hour to a destination I ride to.

Feast your eyes on the pictures.

1. Before Tumkur. 5:15 AM.

Bangalore - Sunday Morning Short Rides-imag2180.jpg

2. 'King of the road' moment.

Bangalore - Sunday Morning Short Rides-imag2190.jpg

3. Dirt trails? My pleasure.

Bangalore - Sunday Morning Short Rides-imag2230.jpg

4. Braking over gravel? Anytime!

Bangalore - Sunday Morning Short Rides-imag2248.jpg

5. The light at the end of the cave. Note the rainfall happening in the hills far away.

Bangalore - Sunday Morning Short Rides-imag2219.jpg

6. This one's done. Onto the next!

Bangalore - Sunday Morning Short Rides-imag2211.jpg
barcalad is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 14th April 2015, 18:16   #220
BHPian

Looks like you both had an awesome time big man. Sad that I could not be a part of this ride. Anyway, my next will probably be to the same location what with the Harley friendly roads all the way up to Chitradurga.
Snehal Sekhar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th April 2015, 20:10   #221
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snehal Sekhar View Post
Looks like you both had an awesome time big man. Sad that I could not be a part of this ride. Anyway, my next will probably be to the same location what with the Harley friendly roads all the way up to Chitradurga.
That's what me and Anmol were discussing. It's for reasons like these that people put highway pegs on their Harleys.
Do let me know if you want any route info and stuff.
Old 14th April 2015, 22:36   #222
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by barcalad View Post
That's what me and Anmol were discussing. It's for reasons like these that people put highway pegs on their Harleys.
Do let me know if you want any route info and stuff.
Absolutely man! Highway pegs, a nice bucket seat and speakers playing some cool music (not a headphone mind you!!). Hmmm, it's time I upgraded to a Goldwing.

Anyway, it looks like my next ride is already planned. Most probably the 25th or 26th April. Three destinations that I have in mind are: Vani Vilas Sagar Dam (209 kms), Yercaud (210 kms) or Yelagiri (140 kms). Let me know if anyone wants to join.
Old 14th April 2015, 22:48   #223
Senior - BHPian

Bangalore - Sunday Morning Short Rides

Ah barcalad , I so envy you man. Riding on a Wednesday on such great roads. Dude would have been kicking himself in not getting his silver steed. Lovely pics.
sammyboy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th April 2015, 10:08   #224
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snehal Sekhar View Post
Absolutely man! Highway pegs, a nice bucket seat and speakers playing some cool music (not a headphone mind you!!). Hmmm, it's time I upgraded to a Goldwing.

Anyway, it looks like my next ride is already planned. Most probably the 25th or 26th April. Three destinations that I have in mind are: Vani Vilas Sagar Dam (209 kms), Yercaud (210 kms) or Yelagiri (140 kms). Let me know if anyone wants to join.
Haha. Or a CVO!

I'm eager to check out Yercaud. Have heard lots about it. You're doing just a day ride, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyboy View Post
Ah barcalad , I so envy you man. Riding on a Wednesday on such great roads. Dude would have been kicking himself in not getting his silver steed. Lovely pics.
Indeed, sammyboy. We decided last night that we'll go again sometime soon, this time with he on his Iron at the exact same time we started. Would love to have you on board.
barcalad is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th April 2015, 10:41   #225
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by barcalad View Post
Haha. Or a CVO!

I'm eager to check out Yercaud. Have heard lots about it. You're doing just a day ride, right?
I would think Yercaud deserves an overnighter at least. I day trip would not allow you to enjoy the sights. Especially the view of Salem by night and the stars.
goandude is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks