Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st April 2015, 14:16   #181
Senior - BHPian

Re: Bangalore - Sunday Morning Short Rides

Quote:
Originally Posted by barcalad View Post
Remember, we've got something big coming up!
LOL. Care to share this Big thing?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sojogator View Post
Shreeni, Djay, Roshan, Sharath, Mohit & me took a ride to the scorching and baking Krishnagiri dam this sunday !
Great pictures and a great view. Did you take the 4 lane highway or via Rayakottai?
goandude is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st April 2015, 14:19   #182
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by goandude View Post
Stanley Reservoir. 4 confirmed (Me, 1 Close Friend, 2 bhpians). Would you like to join?

Back from Shillong, mate?
Old 1st April 2015, 14:27   #183
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Stanley Reservoir. 4 confirmed (Me, 1 Close Friend, 2 bhpians). Would you like to join?

Back from Shillong, mate?
Thats a long ride. Will be back on 6/4 but in the meanwhile enjoying the weather as much as I can before getting to the heat of Bangalore.
Old 1st April 2015, 14:28   #184
BHPian

Quote:
Thats a long ride. Will be back on 6/4 but in the meanwhile enjoying the weather as much as I can before getting to the heat of Bangalore.
Always a next time.
Well, I hope you checked out them Canyons and post some pictures as well. Looking forward to them!
Old 1st April 2015, 14:36   #185
BHPian

Quote:

Great pictures and a great view. Did you take the 4 lane highway or via Rayakottai?
Thanks
The highway. 2 of the Zs were in their run in, hence the choice of route.
Stone-chip laden truck dropping stones into the highway right in front of you was a scary site though !

Last edited by Sojogator : 1st April 2015 at 14:38.
Old 4th April 2015, 15:33   #186
BHPian

They say only a biker knows why a dog sticks his head out of the window. The sense of freedom, peace, skill and strength that biking gives is unparalleled, methinks. I'm a road dog, you see. Hitting the road and feeling the early morning breeze is my way of getting into a trip. People have other forms of recreating and unwinding. Mine's biking. Just biking.

I navigated the entire route, and we hardly had any stops to ask anyone the route. Started at 5:30 sharp, reached our destination, Stanley Reservoir at 9:30 and reached back home at exactly 2:30 PM sharp. The route we took while going was of 190 kms and the route while returning was 235.

The ride was beautiful. Yes, that's the best word to describe it. Winding roads, rain-soaked forests and not a soul in sight except the 4 of us on our 4 lovelies. We entered the reservoir through the rural side, as going towards the main dam and park would cause us to take a huge detour. Hence.
Was an amazing sight to see small boats ferrying villagers, bikes and goats across the reservoir.

Big thumbs up to sammyboy, Snehal Sekhar and my friend Anmol for being amazing co-riders and always ensuring that no one got left behind. We rode as a team.
And created havoc as a team.

Allow the photos to enlighten you now.

1. The beautiful early morning hills through which we rode.

Bangalore - Sunday Morning Short Rides-dsc_0003.jpg

2. Our very own sammboy's Ninja!

Bangalore - Sunday Morning Short Rides-dsc_0007.jpg

3. Blood brothers.

Bangalore - Sunday Morning Short Rides-dsc_0017.jpg

4. An unexpected stretch of road post Hogenakkal. Reminiscent of the roads on the Alps!

Bangalore - Sunday Morning Short Rides-dsc_0053.jpg

5. The D390 and Corners. A match made in heaven.

Bangalore - Sunday Morning Short Rides-dsc_0057.jpg

6. The lovelies soaking the morning sun!

Bangalore - Sunday Morning Short Rides-dsc_0079.jpg
barcalad is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 4th April 2015, 18:06   #187
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The ride was beautiful. Yes, that's the best word to describe it. Winding roads, rain-soaked forests and not a soul in sight except the 4 of us on our 4 lovelies. We entered the reservoir through the rural side, as going towards the main dam and park would cause us to take a huge detour. Hence.
Was an amazing sight to see small boats ferrying villagers, bikes and goats across the reservoir.
Another great ride and one of the longest I have done in a day on this bike.
I think barcalad specialized in routes which you wouldnt be able to remember once done , going through villages, weaving through goats and cows, potholes. And when you least expect it, bam, twisties with lovely roads and fantastic sceneries. Brilliant navigation, a lotttt of fun and great pics.
Infact we were so enjoying the ride that it was only at 12:30 or so that we realized we were hungry, thirsty and tired. So stopped for a quick meal at McDonalds shoolagiri. Then another session of offroading at the Hosur checkpoint, to escape the traffic jam to top it off.

A great ride, am sure I lost a kg atleast in the full riding gear I was wearing. If the last ride was like being in a sauna for a bit, this one felt like moving into one for a day. Would I still recommend full riding gear, hell yes. Would I recommend a one piece leather suit for half a day in this heat, well depends.
Time to get myself some summer gear, because the rides arent gonna stop ;-)
sammyboy is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th April 2015, 19:03   #188
Senior - BHPian

Fabulous write up and pictures. I'm so green with envy. Picture no 4 is so drool worthy.
goandude is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th April 2015, 19:09   #189
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyboy View Post
A great ride, am sure I lost a kg atleast in the full riding gear I was wearing. If the last ride was like being in a sauna for a bit, this one felt like moving into one for a day. Would I still recommend full riding gear, hell yes. Would I recommend a one piece leather suit for half a day in this heat, well depends.
Time to get myself some summer gear, because the rides arent gonna stop ;-)
Aha! Indeed. I can totally understand the discomfort. Wear jeans and a jacket next time. Too much ventilation!

Oh, yeah! Rides ain't going to stop! Onto the next!

Quote:
Fabulous write up and pictures. I'm so green with envy. Picture no 4 is so drool worthy.
Thanks! Looking forward to seeing you back in town and riding along. Even though you're in a different corner of the country right now, you're still following this thread religiously. I can understand!
Old 4th April 2015, 20:04   #190
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Dude, you and I are supposed to be neighbors. And we haven't ridden together yet. Let's catch up, all of us once you are back.
Old 5th April 2015, 17:52   #191
BHPian

Thanks to Barcalad's pinpoint directions, I did the Krishnagiri dam route solo today morning.
Started at 5:15 am & returned by 10:15 am.
The journey was smooth except some traffic due to a tempo traveller which had turned turtle in the night at hosur.
Parked in the sand close to the reservoir, cleaned my bike, took some pics and gazed over the lake. Here are some pics.
Attached Thumbnails
Bangalore - Sunday Morning Short Rides-1428236486910.jpg  

Bangalore - Sunday Morning Short Rides-1428236511443.jpg  

Bangalore - Sunday Morning Short Rides-1428236532498.jpg  

Bangalore - Sunday Morning Short Rides-1428236561929.jpg  

shaikhmimran is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th April 2015, 20:56   #192
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaikhmimran View Post
Thanks to Barcalad's pinpoint directions, I did the Krishnagiri dam route solo today morning.
Started at 5:15 am & returned by 10:15 am.
The journey was smooth except some traffic due to a tempo traveller which had turned turtle in the night at hosur.
Parked in the sand close to the reservoir, cleaned my bike, took some pics and gazed over the lake. Here are some pics.
Going by your and sammyboy's quotes on me, it appears I have become the go-to-guy for destinations and their accurate navigations.

Jokes apart, it's wonderful that you did a solo ride to such a beautiful destination. I'm glad you chose my place of recommendation and loved it as well. A great honour for me.

The last picture is fantastic. You might consider putting it as your laptop wallpaper. Looking forward to ride with you soon!
Old 6th April 2015, 17:44   #193
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by barcalad;3678329
I navigated the entire route, and we hardly had any stops to ask anyone the route. Started at 5:30 sharp, reached our destination, Stanley Reservoir at 9:30 and reached back home at exactly 2:30 PM sharp. The route we took while going was of 190 kms and the route while returning was 235.

Big thumbs up to [B
sammyboy[/b], Snehal Sekhar and my friend Anmol for being amazing co-riders and always ensuring that no one got left behind. We rode as a team.
And created havoc as a team.
Absolutely mate, loved the ride and the route. An exceptional job on the navigation too. Just a note to my self though, sleep well before a ride. I logged out of work on Saturday early morning, went back home freshened up and immediately left for the ride. Oh boy! did that take a toll on me. I was desperate to head back home and hit the sack half way through the ride.I was also the weak link in the chain. The entire ride was a catch up game for me. Every now and then, my three riding buddies had to stop and wait for me to catch up with them. Made me realise that just having an exceptional bike does not make a good rider. I desperately need to improve upon my riding skills to match up with what my bike and the road can throw at me. A word of thanks to barcalad, sammyboy and Anmol for their patience and the company. Thanks mates!
Old 6th April 2015, 18:00   #194
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snehal Sekhar View Post
Absolutely mate, loved the ride and the route. An exceptional job on the navigation too. Just a note to my self though, sleep well before a ride. I logged out of work on Saturday early morning, went back home freshened up and immediately left for the ride. Oh boy! did that take a toll on me. I was desperate to head back home and hit the sack half way through the ride.I was also the weak link in the chain. The entire ride was a catch up game for me. Every now and then, my three riding buddies had to stop and wait for me to catch up with them. Made me realise that just having an exceptional bike does not make a good rider. I desperately need to improve upon my riding skills to match up with what my bike and the road can throw at me. A word of thanks to barcalad, sammyboy and Anmol for their patience and the company. Thanks mates!
I thoroughly agree with your notion. Even if I have friends (co-riders) at my place the night before, I ensure to sleep at least for 3-4 hours. During one of my early days, I did a 250 km round trip ride without sleeping for a minute. Ended up seeing stars on the road, not to forget I had situations where I lost all concentration on the road and panic braked a lot of times.

You and your 230kg cruiser were mostly in my RVM during our ghat section twisties, which mind you had some very deep corners and hairpins. That's all I will say on your riding capabilities.

A word of caution to fellow and prospective riders. Please ensure proper rest to the body and eyes before you set out on a dawn ride. Have coffee/ginger tea before you start. For me and my lads here, we prefer uber strong ginger tea made by me.
barcalad is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th April 2015, 20:21   #195
BHPian

I keep telling my self I will no longer go on these weekend rides every week and that I should limit them to once a month. Oh boy! It's becoming addictive. Even before I know it, the next ride's already planned and am eager to ride into the wind again. These are times that I wish I was never married.
With a wife and kid at home, it becomes so difficult to convince them the need to be on the saddle and hit the highways so often rather than spending time at home and lazing around. I guess it's time I saw a shrink.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks