Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th March 2015, 19:25   #151
BHPian

Re: Bangalore - Sunday Morning Short Rides

Fellas, I'm heading for a ride to Hogenakkal this Sunday morning. So far, solo. I will be taking the interior route post Hosur, as apparently it's more scenic. Will be starting at 5:30 AM sharp. It's 150kms one way. Aiming to be back in town by 10-11 AM.

Anyone willing to join, you're most welcome!
barcalad is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th March 2015, 19:43   #152
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by barcalad View Post
Fellas, I'm heading for a ride to Hogenakkal this Sunday morning. So far, solo. I will be taking the interior route post Hosur, as apparently it's more scenic. Will be starting at 5:30 AM sharp. It's 150kms one way. Aiming to be back in town by 10-11 AM.

Have a good ride. I am off to Chennai on some work and can't join.
naveenroy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th March 2015, 20:02   #153
BHPian

Quote:

Try to take the Kanakapura-chokasandra route shown in Google. It goes through amazing interior roads with 140kms of endless curves. Roads are a little bumpy in certain patches but otherwise fantastic.

Did the route via Kanakapura on my D390 along with a couple of RCs last weekend and needless to say , all were plastered with a huge grin .

Don't miss the deviations @kanakpura town , Kodihalli, village right after border.

The Hosur-rayakottai-palacode route has well laid, wide single lane with low traffic.
Akhilash95 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th March 2015, 22:55   #154
BHPian

Quote:

Would love to join you, but my bikes going to the service station on Saturday. I've planned to do this same route on Saturday morning before dropping off my bike at the service station. This is the route I've planned to take: Hosur - Denkanikottai - Anchetty - Hogenakkal. I've heard that the roads are pretty good and the route winds through some forest area.
Old 19th March 2015, 23:46   #155
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snehal Sekhar View Post
Would love to join you, but my bikes going to the service station on Saturday. I've planned to do this same route on Saturday morning before dropping off my bike at the service station. This is the route I've planned to take: Hosur - Denkanikottai - Anchetty - Hogenakkal. I've heard that the roads are pretty good and the route winds through some forest area.
Snehal, that's the EXACT route I'm taking.

Let me know if you can make it. Perhaps you can drop it off on Friday evening and take it back on Saturday evening?
Old 20th March 2015, 01:28   #156
BHPian

Quote:
Snehal, that's the EXACT route I'm taking.

Let me know if you can make it. Perhaps you can drop it off on Friday evening and take it back on Saturday evening?
Sounds like an idea! Will call them up and find out if they can return the bike to me on Saturday if I give it to them today. Since this is my first service, not sure how fast these people at Tusker Harley are in doing their job. Will keep you posted though.
Old 20th March 2015, 11:58   #157
BHPian

Quote:
Sounds like an idea! Will call them up and find out if they can return the bike to me on Saturday if I give it to them today. Since this is my first service, not sure how fast these people at Tusker Harley are in doing their job. Will keep you posted though.
Right, mate. Do PM me your contact details, then. Looking forwards to ride along!
Old 20th March 2015, 18:07   #158
BHPian

Anyone want to join me on Saturday for a ride to Anchetty or Hogenakal (time permitting)? The plan is to leave by 4:30 / 5:00 AM and reach back by 9 AM.
The route is: Hosur - Denkanikottai - Anchetty. As much as I've heard, the roads are pretty good and if lucky we could also get to spot some wild life on the way.
Old 20th March 2015, 18:14   #159
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Anyone want to join me on Saturday for a ride to Anchetty or Hogenakal (time permitting)? The plan is to leave by 4:30 / 5:00 AM and reach back by 9 AM.
The route is: Hosur - Denkanikottai - Anchetty. As much as I've heard, the roads are pretty good and if lucky we could also get to spot some wild life on the way.
Hi Snehal, I think I will be free tomorrow and can make it. Anchetty is intriguing. How many kms from Bangalore?
man_of_steel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th March 2015, 18:25   #160
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by man_of_steel View Post
Hi Snehal, I think I will be free tomorrow and can make it. Anchetty is intriguing. How many kms from Bangalore?
Lads, I guess I'm in. My original plan was to ride on Saturday itself. I have a busy Sunday anyway, so I can come.

man_of_steel, Anchetty is via the interior route, and is at a distance of 90 kms from town.

Last edited by barcalad : 20th March 2015 at 18:28.
Old 20th March 2015, 18:44   #161
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by man_of_steel View Post

Quote:
Lads, I guess I'm in. My original plan was to ride on Saturday itself. I have a busy Sunday anyway, so I can come.

man_of_steel, Anchetty is via the interior route, and is at a distance of 90 kms from town.
Thanks mates! Do you think we could meet up at the E-City exit of the elevated road at 4:30 / 5:00 AM?
Old 20th March 2015, 18:46   #162
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks mates! Do you think we could meet up at the E-City exit of the elevated road at 4:30 / 5:00 AM?
Five is fine for me.
I'm not taking NICE in the morning. Hardly any traffic on ORR at that time anyway. So, I'll be taking the right at Silk Board. We can meet there, if unanimous or at E-City exit.
Old 20th March 2015, 19:04   #163
Senior - BHPian

Sounds very interesting and would have loved to join. Unfortunately, I'm freezing in Shillong and will be here for next 2 weeks. Missing my bike and the morning rides. Bangalore must be getting hot by 9-10 am?
Old 20th March 2015, 19:19   #164
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by goandude View Post
Sounds very interesting and would have loved to join. Unfortunately, I'm freezing in Shillong and will be here for next 2 weeks. Missing my bike and the morning rides. Bangalore must be getting hot by 9-10 am?
Very. It was around 38 degrees celsius this afternoon. Checked out Laitlum Canyons yet?
Old 20th March 2015, 19:20   #165
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Sure man! Will do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by goandude View Post
Bangalore must be getting hot by 9-10 am?
Hell yeah! Will meet another time then!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks