Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th March 2010, 10:05   #61
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbdulRahmanM View Post
I am talking about apache RTR, this time i am staying away from Bajaj for good.
I would stay away from that too. I don't feel it will age well. If you want to get rid of it in 3 - 4 years, that's a different matter, go ahead.
Old 24th March 2010, 16:51   #62
BHPian

I test drove Apache RTR and Honda Unicorn, and i am all in love with Unicorn. The problem is they have a 90 days waiting period it seems, and they told that they will provide me with the new improved model, but they are not sure about the colors other than grey, i would love to get the black color though. I have almost made up my mind, if no other issues crop up, i will be mostly going for the Unicorn. Though it lacks the power punch offered by other bikes, its ride is very comfortable, and engine refinement and gear shift is so nice. Now the waiting period is the only concern. Is this the norm inside city also? The waiting period?
Old 24th March 2010, 19:59   #63
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbdulRahmanM View Post
I test drove Apache RTR and Honda Unicorn, and i am all in love with Unicorn. The problem is they have a 90 days waiting period it seems, and they told that they will provide me with the new improved model, but they are not sure about the colors other than grey, i would love to get the black color though. I have almost made up my mind, if no other issues crop up, i will be mostly going for the Unicorn. Though it lacks the power punch offered by other bikes, its ride is very comfortable, and engine refinement and gear shift is so nice. Now the waiting period is the only concern. Is this the norm inside city also? The waiting period?
Good one! Waiting period is the norm with the Hondas. As long as your are getting the new refreshed unicorn i guess its worth the wait.
Old 24th March 2010, 20:22   #64
Senior - BHPian

Not sure why you are ruling out Pulsar 150, dont think it is costlier than Unicorn. It should be if not cheaper than that, so if you are going for unicorn then give pulsar 150 a chance, its a very very good bike that you can bank on..
Old 5th August 2010, 15:32   #65
BHPian

update: left with stunner and dazzler now

Have to book the bike by eow.
I am still holding on to stunner.
the new dazzler looks amazing and can even go for it, but a test ride is what i am looking for before the final call.

I did like to suzuki gs150. but somehow there seems to be quality issues (rust..very scary)

i have one question regarding the quality of self-start on hondas.
both the stunner and dazzler comes with "digital cdi (multi tapping)".
The idea of not having the backup of kick-start is what i am concerned about.
how well does this new self-start really perform?
is it reliable over the whole year?

you can assume that the bike will not used over weekends. thats means atleast 1/2 days of break in operation. have read that stunner , if not used for 3-4 days, then gives starting problems. how true is this?
Old 10th August 2010, 13:57   #66
BHPian

Booked: Dazzler!

so i went on last thursday to honda dealer (near sancheti) at pune to test drive stunner and dazzler.
we reached at 6:55pm but the sales guy were all busy and no one seemed to be interested to talk with us.
Then one guy told us that its 7pm and they cant give the test ride.
Sometime back, I had visited bajaj showroom on the same stretch on some holiday. but even then i got the keys to test drive the 135.
This honda dealers attitude sucks.

Now my bro has office from 10am-7pm, which is same as that of showroom timings.
To add to it, they take break in lunch hours. so meeting them in lunch time was ruled out.
Then the honda guy asked us to come on saturday.
As my bro has office on saturdays, again this option was ruled out. To spice it up, the dealer keeps the shutters down on sundays!
surprisingly the guy, seeing that we want to buy the bike, asked us to come on sunday noon. so we were happy to finally see this honda behavior
So now we went again on sunday at 12 noon. And we find that the showroom is closed. Called up the sales guy several times but he was not picking the phone :(

Then we called up just dial and got contact nos of other dealers. After lots of tries, came to know that the pashankar showroom, which was just nearby, is open on sundays.

We quickly moved there and my bro test drove stunner and dazzler.
now as he has to travel 50km everyday, he was hesitant on mileage aspect of dazzler.
So couldnt make up mind for long time !
The build of dazzler is clearly very good when compared to stunner.
Even my personal choice was dazzler but i didnt want to force it upon my bro who was not willing to spend the extra 10k.
Left the choice to him and he finally went with the dazzler.

Initially when we asked about the delivery time, the sales guys informed that the red one has 20-30 days of waiting time. but when we went for booking, the same guy confirmed that the bike is available and could be delivered in 3 days

I cant understand this cheap behaviour of sales guy who assumes that the bike is good/popular only when people see that there is some waiting time

all in all, got the bike booked and expecting to get it by thursday. But surely we didnt had the best of time visiting the honda showroom.

Last edited by chetans : 10th August 2010 at 13:59. Reason: spelling mistake
Old 11th August 2010, 12:09   #67
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Chetans! How much was the final on road price ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by chetans View Post
so i went on last thursday to honda dealer (near sancheti) at pune to test drive stunner and dazzler.
we reached at 6:55pm but the sales guy were all busy and no one seemed to be interested to talk with us.
Then one guy told us that its 7pm and they cant give the test ride.
Sometime back, I had visited bajaj showroom on the same stretch on some holiday. but even then i got the keys to test drive the 135.
This honda dealers attitude sucks.
Shucks, it seems almost all Honda dealers are affected by this.
Old 11th August 2010, 18:58   #68
BHPian

final on road price was 72079.
Old 11th August 2010, 19:00   #69
BHPian

dazzler is a bit compact when compared to unicorn.
but with 1more bhp, i am expecting mileage of 52-55 after the 1st service.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks