Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th December 2013, 18:50   #91
BHPian

Re: Long Term Review - Kinetic Honda - 53,000 KMS in 14 Years!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramdas View Post
Here are the pictures of the instruction manual of the KiHo which I found yesterday along with the vehicle documents
Hello Ramdas,

I have lost my instruction manual. Can you pl. send me a photocopy if possible. I could not PM you as your status quotes you are still a newbie!
Old 18th December 2013, 16:34   #92

Quote:
Originally Posted by KkVaidya View Post
Hello Ramdas,

I have lost my instruction manual. Can you pl. send me a photocopy if possible. I could not PM you as your status quotes you are still a newbie!
I will send a scanned copy of the instruction manual to your email address as stated in your profile.
Old 22nd December 2013, 13:23   #93
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zulfi hansi View Post
This starting issue has cropped up for the first time since i bought it in 2000. It starts very normally by kick start at anytime, need choke in mornings and i don't use selfstart in morning. by self start it is very unpredictable during the day, sometimes even in signal stop which is hardly 1 minute after switching off it does not start, and sometimes even if it is parked for more than 4 hours it starts in a single crank by selfstart. Battery is still in warranty and there is no sign of low power. After this problem came up first got the battery checked and its in excellent condition. What is the problem?
Guys need help here, can somebody enlighten me, has anybody faced this issue?
Old 26th December 2013, 08:29   #94
BANNED

Quote:
Guys need help here, can somebody enlighten me, has anybody faced this issue?
Check the starter motor and the alternator.

Try cranking the engine by the self starter with the headlights ON. If it dim's too much then the battery is dying out not getting recharged (alternator may be at fault).

Anurag.
Old 26th December 2013, 11:51   #95
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post

Check the starter motor and the alternator.

Try cranking the engine by the self starter with the headlights ON. If it dim's too much then the battery is dying out not getting recharged (alternator may be at fault).

Anurag.
Thanks for the reply Anurag, I had infact got the battery checked first thing in morning (battery dealer is 100 meters from my house) and he says the battery is excellent, if it was not charging it should have been week at morning hour. Another thing as i said earlier, it starts very normally even after long duration but abruptly does not start when i would have switched off the ignition even just 5 minutes before or on the signal stop which cannot be more than 1.5 minutes. There is no pattern here, it just hangs up abruptly. Thereafter it starts only by kick. And if the battery is week the starter motor drags, which does not happen. Could it be a fuel pump or fuel supply issue. BTW is there a fuel filter inside?

Last edited by zulfi hansi : 26th December 2013 at 11:53.
Old 26th December 2013, 11:59   #96
BANNED

Quote:
Could it be a fuel pump or fuel supply issue. BTW is there a fuel filter inside?
Not sure of the fuel filter but I guess the fuel quality is to be doubted.

Get the fuel tank and lines cleaned once. If the problem still persists then the fuel pump must not be working as it should but if the fuel pump was the problem then the problem your facing should be happening always, which is not the case.

Is the accelerator cable fine?

Anurag.
Old 26th December 2013, 17:21   #97
Distinguished - BHPian

The Kinetic Honda will have a fuel filter just below the Tank where the inlet pipe runs to the carburetor.
Apart from this, you can check if the Diaphragm that exists in the fuel like is working or not.

When you crank the Engine, the Diaphragm rubber is sucked and releases fuel into the carb. If this is faulty, the fuel flow will be "direct" and will ensure that the carb will get "Rich".

That said, all those Kinetic Y2K (soon after Honda Split) come with Spaco Carb while the Kinetic Honda came with Mikuni Carb with an integrated Electronic Solenoid Based choke while the Y2K came with Manual choke.

I have seen most of the Mechanics failing very badly to address starting or tuning problems with the Y2K series. we owned 2 Kinetic Hondas (1997 & 1998) that came with Mikuni carb and were marvelous in terms or reliability.

Last edited by paragsachania : 26th December 2013 at 17:32.
Old 26th December 2013, 19:45   #98
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post

Not sure of the fuel filter but I guess the fuel quality is to be doubted.

Get the fuel tank and lines cleaned once. If the problem still persists then the fuel pump must not be working as it should but if the fuel pump was the problem then the problem your facing should be happening always, which is not the case.

Is the accelerator cable fine?

Anurag.
Accelerator cable is fine, as you said will get the fuel lines and tank cleaned.
Old 26th December 2013, 21:00   #99
BANNED

Quote:
Accelerator cable is fine, as you said will get the fuel lines and tank cleaned.
Yes! Please get them cleaned and then tube the carburettor of you know of a competent mechanic as mentioned by Parag Sachania. Tune it to the optimum setting and not for performance of mileage.

Anurag.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th December 2013, 21:13   #100
BHPian

There is no fuel pump in KH.
Headlight won't dim even if there is no battery because the headlight is directly powered by the alternator.

To address the starting issue, dismantle the carb, clean all the jets and passages, inspect, refit and tune the air fuel mixture. Also, replace the spark plug if it is more than two years old.
Old 27th December 2013, 00:15   #101
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
The Kinetic Honda will have a fuel filter just below the Tank where the inlet pipe runs to the carburetor.
Apart from this, you can check if the Diaphragm that exists in the fuel like is working or not.

When you crank the Engine, the Diaphragm rubber is sucked and releases fuel into the carb. If this is faulty, the fuel flow will be "direct" and will ensure that the carb will get "Rich".

That said, all those Kinetic Y2K (soon after Honda Split) come with Spaco Carb while the Kinetic Honda came with Mikuni Carb with an integrated Electronic Solenoid Based choke while the Y2K came with Manual choke.

I have seen most of the Mechanics failing very badly to address starting or tuning problems with the Y2K series. we owned 2 Kinetic Hondas (1997 & 1998) that came with Mikuni carb and were marvelous in terms or reliability.
Mine is a 2000 Nov Y2K, but I am not sure which make is the carb but it came with the integrated Electronic Solenoid Based choke. About a year back the authorised service for KH suggested that I convert it to a Manual choke, because it had started to give starting problem then and the battery was also week (had not used it for long durations in that period), I was reluctant but was told that the solenoid switch was no more available. The manual choke worked perfectly fine until recently this problem has cropped up. It could most probably a non functional Diaphragm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by interc00led View Post
There is no fuel pump in KH.
Headlight won't dim even if there is no battery because the headlight is directly powered by the alternator.

To address the starting issue, dismantle the carb, clean all the jets and passages, inspect, refit and tune the air fuel mixture. Also, replace the spark plug if it is more than two years old.
About the headlight I agree, will need to check the spark plug, also cleaning of fuel lines and carb may be necessary too.
Old 31st December 2013, 15:30   #102
BHPian

Hello ramdas
I have two KH 1995 & 2000, both are bought from previous owners. But did not get user manual which I have been looking for.

Could you please send it if you have the soft copy to : anantha.murthy@azimpremjifoundation.org please.

posting the white one which I painted ( Can spary paint).

Thanks.. Ananth

photos uploaded
ananth
Attached Thumbnails
Long Term Review - Kinetic Honda - 53,000 KMS in 14 Years!-1.jpg  

Long Term Review - Kinetic Honda - 53,000 KMS in 14 Years!-3.jpg  

Long Term Review - Kinetic Honda - 53,000 KMS in 14 Years!-4.jpg  

Last edited by moralfibre : 2nd January 2014 at 07:13. Reason: Back to back posts. Please use EDIT/MULTI-QUOTE within 30 minutes of posting.
Ananth_shukti is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2014, 16:29   #103

Hello Ananth_shukti

You have a very beautiful scooter there. Please paste the striped stickers in the front. Also post the photo of your 2nd kinetic honda. I have e-mailed the first 32 pages of the instruction manual to the address mentioned by you.

Please also inform about availability of genuine spares of KiHo in and around Mysore.

Regards,

Ramdas
Old 3rd January 2014, 17:18   #104
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramdas View Post
Hello Ananth_shukti

You have a very beautiful scooter there. Please paste the striped stickers in the front. Also post the photo of your 2nd kinetic honda. I have e-mailed the first 32 pages of the instruction manual to the address mentioned by you.

Please also inform about availability of genuine spares of KiHo in and around Mysore.

Regards,

Ramdas
Hello Ramdas,

Can you pl. forward the instruction manual on my email too? That is kanhaiv@yahoo.com

Best regards,
K K Vaidya
Old 7th January 2014, 14:50   #105
BHPian

Hello ramadas
Thanks for sending the copies. Kindly send the balance ones too.
You get 100% of spares in almost all shops in Double road mysore ( Mainly Jain Auto , near shantala talkies & Jain near Lakshmi talkies). In B'lore you get all KH spares in Amar deep Auto in JC road ( Just take 1st right at JC road signal, few yards form there on the right side you will find amar deep).

Will post the other KH photo soon.
There are good mechanics on KH, near Nazarbad ( HOnda clinic) & near Vontikoppal Niaz.

I got the first one for Rs 6K & spent around 7K, the 2nd one was Mechanically perfect hence paid Rs 10K.

Regards
Ananth

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks