Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th September 2014, 14:51   #3616
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: The Royal Enfield 500 Classic thread!

Where can I get this type of luggage carrier frames in Pune for my Classic 500?
Attached Thumbnails
The Royal Enfield 500 Classic thread!-racks.jpg  

Old 9th September 2014, 17:57   #3617
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameerg View Post
Bike wise difference is ok. I am concerned about dealer wise difference on same bike.
Probably demand for a TB is more in one region and Classic more in the other region. This would explain why there is a diff in the wait times for a particulat model between the dealers in different regions
Old 9th September 2014, 18:13   #3618

Anyone know a realllly good mechanic in Mumbai?

I have a STD 350 1982 ... need to get engine work done along with wiring and other repairs.

Been to a few mechanics but haven't found an expert.
Old 9th September 2014, 20:21   #3619
BHPian

Quote:
I checked with another showroom, they said DS and other c500 have waiting of 2 months and TB500 just 15 days while the image you attached says 6 months for DS500 and 2 months for TB500. Which one is correct? Is my dealer lying or do different dealers have different wait lists?
Hi Sameer, I went down to the showroom 2-3 month back, maybe the figures have improved now. I don't think different dealers in the same city will have different waiting periods. The pic I attached was from the Sarjapur showroom.

Quote:
I was under the impression that RE would be maintaining a waiting list at all india level rather than a dealer/region level but over past few days have heard stories of people getting bikes earlier in vizag/mangalore vs people in bangalore.
The waiting period definitely varies from region to region. You'll get the bikes quickest in Pondicherry or Chennai (as the manufacturing unit is there) whereas, for Bangalore or Hyderabad, the waiting period will be more. Again, for Punjab/Delhi/Haryana regions, the waiting period is not so long as there is a high demand in those regions.

Also in pondicherry, the prices are a lot less to (~10k less than B'lore, when I checked a few months back)
nerd1200 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th September 2014, 23:12   #3620
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nerd1200 View Post
The waiting period definitely varies from region to region. You'll get the bikes quickest in Pondicherry or Chennai (as the manufacturing unit is there) whereas, for Bangalore or Hyderabad, the waiting period will be more. Again, for Punjab/Delhi/Haryana regions, the waiting period is not so long as there is a high demand in those regions. :
Actually the way dealers say that a vehicle will be allotted to you from factory etc etc made me believe that there is some sort of factory level booking queue being maintained. Guess that is not the case. Anyways I booked DS500 today, so just hoping to get it soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nerd1200 View Post
Also in pondicherry, the prices are a lot less to (~10k less than B'lore, when I checked a few months back)
Yeah man, too much road tax in bangalore. But the way bangalore cops and RTO went after out of state cars couple of months back, I wouldnt recommend doing that. I would rather pay 10k extra and wait for 2-3 months than risk cops eyeing my bullet.
Old 10th September 2014, 10:27   #3621
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by //M View Post
Where can I get this type of luggage carrier frames in Pune for my Classic 500?
Hey M,

Try, Royal enfield zone. They have a great collection of custom accessories. The shop is based in Delhi, so you have to send them a list of items you are interested in and they'll send you a quotation. You can order after that, but have to get them installed locally.

-Dev
nerd1200 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th September 2014, 11:31   #3622
BHPian

^^^^^^^
Quite a few reviews right here on this forum state that their products(http://www.royalenfieldzone.com/) are not good.

In Pune, I suggest meeting either of the 2 mechanics that the Enfield clubs frequent:
1) Alex in Yerwada
2) Kunal in Vimannagar.
john doe is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th September 2014, 12:54   #3623
BHPian

@ Experts / Gurus; I have a question.

I own a 2012 Classic DS that has run a tad less than 5500 KMs. The next oil change is due and I’m taking the bike over this weekend to get it done.

Over the past one month, I have been using the bike for my daily 36 odd KMs ride to and from office. I have noticed that even with a 5-10 KM drop in speed, I have to downshift or else the bike vibrates like it will fall apart! Is that normal given the KMs the bike has run so far? I'm asking as I have not observed this before, may be now I'm using it more on a regular basis I'm noticing this. May be that’s the way bullets ride, but just wanted to confirm and hear your thoughts.

Regards
Bugs
Old 10th September 2014, 13:09   #3624
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhagathmp View Post
Over the past one month, I have been using the bike for my daily 36 odd KMs ride to and from office. I have noticed that even with a 5-10 KM drop in speed, I have to downshift or else the bike vibrates like it will fall apart! Is that normal given the KMs the bike has run so far? I'm asking as I have not observed this before, may be now I'm using it more on a regular basis I'm noticing this. May be that’s the way bullets ride, but just wanted to confirm and hear your thoughts
Iam not an expert and not giving you any advice. Since I own the same bike but, the Chrome version and have completed 11,000kms wanted to share that I have never experienced such phenomena till date

Classic 500 is a torquey machine and with just a 10km drop in speed it should be easily able to pull in the same gear

But, you have not explained the scenario completely from which speed to which speed you dropped and were in what gear? That info would help in sharing some more insights

Fact remains that behaviour is not normal....Please get it checked at your next service !!!
Old 10th September 2014, 14:11   #3625
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
But, you have not explained the scenario completely from which speed to which speed you dropped and were in what gear? That info would help in sharing some more insights

Fact remains that behaviour is not normal....Please get it checked at your next service !!!
Hi and sorry for not listing out the scenario in detail.

I'm doing 60 kmph in 5th gear, i slow down to say 50, I have to down shift to 4th to avoid the shudder. Also on 2nd gear, when I'm doing 25-30 kmph and slow down to 20, i have to down shift to 1st. While on 3rd or 4th gear, if i need to make a quick sprint, I DO NOT have to down shift, . Most of the ride is between 60-80 kmph.

Regards
Bugs.
Old 10th September 2014, 14:14   #3626
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhagathmp View Post
I'm doing 60 kmph in 5th gear, i slow down to say 50, I have to down shift to 4th to avoid the shudder. Also on 2nd gear, when I'm doing 25-30 kmph and slow down to 20, i have to down shift to 1st.
Both scenarios that you highlighted are abnormal. I rode my bike in 5th gear at 40kmph and there is no knocking at all

Also, its unbeilevable to know that Classic 500 cannot pull in 2nd gear from 20kmph and you have to downshift to 1st

Honestly speaking, 1st gear is reserved only while moving away from standstill, never applied it in moving conditons till date
Old 10th September 2014, 15:29   #3627
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Both scenarios that you highlighted are abnormal. I rode my bike in 5th gear at 40kmph and there is no knocking at all

Also, its unbeilevable to know that Classic 500 cannot pull in 2nd gear from 20kmph and you have to downshift to 1st

Honestly speaking, 1st gear is reserved only while moving away from standstill, never applied it in moving conditons till date
OK! Now you are scaring me .

What do you think could be the problem here? blocked air filter? spark plug? Anything else?

I fill from the same pump (the one that is listed as reputed pumps in my city here on TBHP list) so fuel i guess can be ruled out.

Regards
Bugs.
Old 13th September 2014, 18:17   #3628
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by john doe View Post
^^^^^^^
Quite a few reviews right here on this forum state that their products(http://www.royalenfieldzone.com/) are not good.
Hey, thanks for the info man..

Though my friend has a Classic 350 and is happy with his LED stop lamp he bought from them. Looks cool!
Apart from this, my knowledge of royalenfieldzone is limited, but I do feel they have some cool products though, specially in the "Lights" section.
Old 15th September 2014, 15:45   #3629
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

I was thinking of replacing the mineral oil with synthetic oil in my Classic 500 DS. Never used it so I thought of asking, will it help the bike run more smoother or is it just a waste of money considering the high cost difference. I have read different opinions about this change for a 500cc Bullet.

Also, if it makes sense to make a shift which oil is recommended? How good is the Motul 300V 15w50?
Old 16th September 2014, 04:14   #3630
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by //M View Post
I was thinking of replacing the mineral oil with synthetic oil in my Classic 500 DS. Never used it so I thought of asking, will it help the bike run more smoother or is it just a waste of money considering the high cost difference. I have read different opinions about this change for a 500cc Bullet.

Also, if it makes sense to make a shift which oil is recommended? How good is the Motul 300V 15w50?
Tried and loved it. When I had changed to 300v an RE Engineer had a test ride on my bike followed by only one question-What modification I did to the engine as performance and smoothness was easily felt.

Only down side I found apart from a bit expensive was the smothness lasted roughly 1.5k to 2k. I would recommend changing the oil filter after 2k but keep the oil for 5k interval.
Randhawa is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks