Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th January 2014, 12:37   #3436
BHPian

Re: The Royal Enfield 500 Classic thread!

@ man_of_steel, it is indeed the baffles. Although not very pronounced at the moment, I am expecting it will only get worse
Old 10th January 2014, 13:55   #3437
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cogentr View Post
@ man_of_steel, it is indeed the baffles. Although not very pronounced at the moment, I am expecting it will only get worse
Yes it will get worse. Earlier I was also a fan of Sans Inc. But now the quality has dropped drastically. Also delivery time promises are seldom met!
Old 11th January 2014, 21:20   #3438
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thar4x4 View Post
Yes, I am planning a visit to Siddh Auto on weekend. ...
Vishal.
Did you visit there? What is the outcome? I am quite eager to know.
Old 11th January 2014, 23:18   #3439
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majumdarda View Post
Did you visit there? What is the outcome? I am quite eager to know.
Yes da, I went to Siddh Auto today with wife. Surpsiingly these people offer you TD bullet without their guard seating as pillion . I got my wife a toddler on bike and had long TD.
Yes there are no vibration which I observed on Bramha motors TD bullet. It was very smooth and in stock condition.

Seating comfort is way better than C5.
Handle position and height is well suited for traffic as well as long ride.
Bullet 500 starts immediately compared to C5, my be because od carb.

Now twist in the story is, all 500 models are available with just 2 month of waiting period. Initially I thought it will take around 6/7 months and I will manage the money in that time however looks like I will have to book it after sometime.

But personally we liked Bullet 500 more than classic considering all the above points.

Thanks,
Vishal

Last edited by Thar4x4 : 11th January 2014 at 23:24.
Old 12th January 2014, 00:15   #3440
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thar4x4 View Post
Yes da, I went to Siddh Auto today with wife. Surpsiingly these people offer you TD bullet without their guard seating as pillion . I got my wife a toddler on bike and had long TD.
Yes there are no vibration which I observed on Bramha motors TD bullet. It was very smooth and in stock condition.

Seating comfort is way better than C5.
Handle position and height is well suited for traffic as well as long ride.
Bullet 500 starts immediately compared to C5, my be because od carb.

Now twist in the story is, all 500 models are available with just 2 month of waiting period. Initially I thought it will take around 6/7 months and I will manage the money in that time however looks like I will have to book it after sometime.

But personally we liked Bullet 500 more than classic considering all the above points.

Thanks,
Vishal
The guys present over at SiddhAuto are a friendly lot. In-fact they organize regular rides as well, and it is very homely atmosphere out there. Guess you have not met "mama". I had the honor of riding with him on one of our rides and you should see the way he competes with the bullets on his CD100. Hats off.

How did Bhabiji like the seating on the B500? My wife feels uncomfortable seating pillion as the seat is very narrow, but I think it is inherent for all the Bullets (exception being probably the TBTS). With regards to the delivery, yes, the time has shortened now. And if you are ready to cash down, you get it pretty sooner. In-fact the recently launched 535s, I have seen being delivered at the Brahma Motors. So, yes, if you are told 2 months then I think it would not defer widely. A friend of mine has just recently taken the delivery of his B500 from SiddhAuto and he is quite happy riding his motorcycle.

At last it seems that the new factory has come into full phased production mode, thus catering to customer's basic needs at the earliest. As far as I am concerned, B500 it is and it shall be.

Do let me know if you are placing your booking for B500 and at which showroom?

You know what, for me, B500 is like a Phoenix - Rising from its ashes. What say?
Old 12th January 2014, 22:10   #3441
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majumdarda View Post
The guys present over at SiddhAuto are a friendly lot. In-fact they organize regular rides as well, and it is very homely atmosphere out there. Guess you have not met "mama". I had the honor of riding with him on one of our rides and you should see the way he competes with the bullets on his CD100. Hats off.

How did Bhabiji like the seating on the B500? My wife feels uncomfortable seating pillion as the seat is very narrow, but I think it is inherent for all the Bullets (exception being probably the TBTS). With regards to the delivery, yes, the time has shortened now. And if you are ready to cash down, you get it pretty sooner. In-fact the recently launched 535s, I have seen being delivered at the Brahma Motors. So, yes, if you are told 2 months then I think it would not defer widely. A friend of mine has just recently taken the delivery of his B500 from SiddhAuto and he is quite happy riding his motorcycle.

At last it seems that the new factory has come into full phased production mode, thus catering to customer's basic needs at the earliest. As far as I am concerned, B500 it is and it shall be.

Do let me know if you are placing your booking for B500 and at which showroom?

You know what, for me, B500 is like a Phoenix - Rising from its ashes. What say?
Yes certainly they are very friendly and helpful, also they are well know of Team-BHP They asked me about forum when they saw a key chain hanging from my pocket.

My wife is big fan of bullet old design, additionally she find the seat for pillion is very comfortable compared to C5. We have done lots of long trips together on our STD 350 before 2/3 years.

Yes Bullet 500 is certainly rising from ashes. I guess I will get it from Bramha because it is near to my office and I can ping the guys over there daily. Now looking at budgets so that I can book it in month or so.

Thanks,
Vishal.
Old 13th January 2014, 21:42   #3442

My C5 has completed 18K+ Kms. However, it still struggles to go about 80 Kmph! When I'd bought it, I was told that since the bike is new, it would take time before it "opens" up as the internal parts are still new. This hasn't been the case.

Have shown it to the Enfield service station. They said they have done some "tuning" and it it would be okay now. But not so.

Not that I speed, but it's embarrassing, to say the least that a 500cc bike should struggle to go about 80 Kmph! On highways, sometimes this speed-limitation isn't something one would want.

Anyone else facing the same issue? Any pointers of how this issue could be resolved?
Old 14th January 2014, 07:14   #3443
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anurag47 View Post
My C5 has completed 18K+ Kms. However, it still struggles to go about 80 Kmph! When I'd bought it, I was told that since the bike is new, it would take time before it "opens" up as the internal parts are still new. This hasn't been the case.

Have shown it to the Enfield service station. They said they have done some "tuning" and it it would be okay now. But not so.

Not that I speed, but it's embarrassing, to say the least that a 500cc bike should struggle to go about 80 Kmph! On highways, sometimes this speed-limitation isn't something one would want.

Anyone else facing the same issue? Any pointers of how this issue could be resolved?
in my case, my DS500 is still 4 months old. I haven't yet completed 2K kms, so I consciously try to keep it just under 80 kmph. But somehow I feel it is not showing eagerness to go beyond that. Maybe after a few weeks I can attempt that on an empty highway and get back.

Regards,
Manish
manishw is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th January 2014, 08:39   #3444
BHPian

Quote:

Seriously? Mine begs to take it to > 80. I easily do 90 kmph on solo rides and I know it is simply dangerous anything beyond 80 kmph. My DS500 has completed 4750 and I kept it below 50 for the first 500 km or 1st service and there after it is <= 90. I run on stock exhaust, perhaps there lies the difference.
sgmitr13 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th January 2014, 11:40   #3445

Just did a bike trip from Kochi to Hampi with pillion (1800+ over 4 days of travel and 1 day of sight-seeing). I am ever thankful to the rider seat for being so comfortable (pillion seat is another story). I had a barely noticable lower backache though. Nothing to complain about.

And the bike stayed true to character with no niggles what-so-ever.

Route to Hampi:
Kochi > Thrissur > Palakkad > Walayar > Coimbatore > Salem > Hosur > Banagalore (sleep in) > Tumkur > Chitradurga > Hospet (10km from Hampi)
Route back to Kochi
Hospet > Chitradurga > Hiriyur > Chiknayakanhalli (sleep in) > Mysore > Gundlupet > Bandipur tiger santuary > Nilambur > Thrissur > Kochi.

Lessons learnt:
Dont ride with pillion if you plan to do over 250km per day.
Always have a basic toolkit with you.
Never consider riding overnight, unless you enjoy getting your butt froze to the seat in the bitter winter weather. Also you dont want to miss out on the beautiful countryside.
Carry a spray on chainlube.
Plan route in advance and find places to crash for the night.
Whenever at a petrol pump, fuel up to the top. You might feel the added weight but its better than being stuck on a lonely highway in the middle of the night.
Check tyre pressure every 500km.
If you have an open face helmet, consider getting a (light) keffiyeh to cover you nose and mouth. Open face helmets are better when the scenary matters to you.
Oh almost forgot. Hampi is so vast, its near impossible to see everything in oneday.

Post trip analysis of the motorcycle:
I took the pillion seat off to find a nasty lil scratch on the rear fender where the metal bar under the pillion rubbed against. Its a major eye sore. I hope ill be able to get it patched.
The rear suspension is squeeky when you ride over speed-breakers and potholes.
Theres grease everywhere. Time for service.
Old 14th January 2014, 12:44   #3446
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Thats strange. C5 in its stock form should very easily reach 115kmph and 125kmph with a bit of pushing. You have done 18k kms. Is it been the case all this long? There is'nt really much scope of tuning an EFI bike, as stated by service center. If your bike is struggling to go beyond 80kmph, there could be some serious issues. Do get it checked thoroughly from some expert mechanic.
nasirkaka is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th January 2014, 13:37   #3447

Quote:
Originally Posted by nasirkaka View Post
Thats strange. C5 in its stock form should very easily reach 115kmph and 125kmph with a bit of pushing. You have done 18k kms. Is it been the case all this long? There is'nt really much scope of tuning an EFI bike, as stated by service center. If your bike is struggling to go beyond 80kmph, there could be some serious issues. Do get it checked thoroughly from some expert mechanic.
Yes. It has been the case since Day 1. Do you know of any expert mechanic in Bangalore?

@ sgmitr13 - I have an upswept silencer. I too had thought that this could have been the issue. However, the RE Service Centre said that it shouldn't affect the speed. Somehow I've started to lose confidence in the RE service guys, especially for any non-trivial issues.
Old 14th January 2014, 13:48   #3448

Quote:
Yes. It has been the case since Day 1. Do you know of any expert mechanic in Bangalore?

@ sgmitr13 - I have an upswept silencer. I too had thought that this could have been the issue. However, the RE Service Centre said that it shouldn't affect the speed. Somehow I've started to lose confidence in the RE service guys, especially for any non-trivial issues.
Old 14th January 2014, 14:02   #3449
BHPian

Quote:

Yes something is seriously wrong, if your local RE guy cannot find the fault please look up higher RE contacts from their website and talk to them.
My classic chrome 500 doesn't want to be below 80 when on the road. The vibration eats everything at lower speed including hazy reflections in rear view mirrors. On long rides sore butt is common so a break after 2 hours of riding is a must.
joybird is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th January 2014, 16:06   #3450
BHPian

Quote:

I hope it is a non-issue. Why not try a ride of another bike or have someone ride yours to compare it. If you are somewhere in the south Bangalore, we can meet. PM me.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks