Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th August 2013, 10:43   #3226
BHPian

Mod Note : Please use the EDIT or MULTI-QUOTE buttons instead of typing one post after another on the SAME THREAD!.

To know how to multi-quote, click here.

@bhagathmp since you are using the DS i wish to know whether you have made any changes to the beast, if yes pls post the details too. Do you find the handle bar a bit short? im 6.3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Ravi View Post
Shoot a mail with photographs to customerservice@royalenfield.com. They took prompt action in case of my complaints.
I dropped a mail to the CSS today and in 30 minutes time they called me back. said that the replacement has been initiated and in seven days time the product will be made available.

Once I was talking to the service guy about the replacement he told that its better to get it painted rather than replacing it since the new tank may have rust formations in it since it would been in the stock room for some time before delivery. Is there such a risk?

Last edited by GTO : 9th September 2013 at 23:00. Reason: Please use the EDIT or MULTI-QUOTE buttons instead of typing one post after another!
Old 27th August 2013, 07:58   #3227
J.Ravi

Re: Issue with paint job

Quote:
Originally Posted by psmenon View Post
Is there such a risk?
No. The new tank will be factory-fresh duly packed with bubble paper. So, there is no scope for rusting.

Old 27th August 2013, 10:59   #3228
BHPian

Re: The Royal Enfield 500 Classic thread!

I have been following this forum regularly. I presently own a Classic 500 Nov 2011 build. I use the bike every alternate month when i am on leave at home. First year of ownership was totally trouble free. However now there is a recurrent problem with the electric starter. As soon as i press the start button, nothing happens but a clicking sound coming from somewhere between the battery and fuse box. This first happened at a very wrong time, riding through a rainy day in Lonavala when the bike engine just died. It did not self start, and also after about 400 kick start attempts. Finally people helped me to push the bike and start it that way. The service center guys could not understand what was wrong as the battery was found to be fully charged. I got the bike the next day and the service centre said it was a faulty relay and the problem had been resolved. The bike started ok for a few days, now again the same problem!!
Has anybody had similar problems? please share.
Two weks after th
Old 27th August 2013, 13:55   #3229
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by argchoff View Post
As soon as i press the start button, nothing happens but a clicking sound coming from somewhere between the battery and fuse box.

The service center guys could not understand what was wrong as the battery was found to be fully charged. I got the bike the next day and the service centre said it was a faulty relay and the problem had been resolved. The bike started ok for a few days, now again the same problem!!
My bike had an issue similar to yours. The electric start would not work and only clicking noise was audible from the relay. Couple of days later my battery died. When it took it to get recharged, it was bone dry . Replaced battery then solved the issue.

Nowadays though, sometimes the electric start is throwing up issues again. The starter motor cranks and i can hear it working, but bike refuses to start. Sometimes it starts when the throttle is twisted into a sweet spot, sometimes it refuses to. Kickstart works perfectly, so i am left wondering what the issue might be.

Some advice gleaned from experience: If you ever hear clicking sound from the starter relay and the lights are working, kickstart the bike, keep it in high rpms and ride like hell to the nearest battery dealer! Dont wait for engine to warm up like i did, since the power for spark generation comes from battery directly if the battery dies then you will be left pushing 180kg of dead weight! The plus point though is you can remove the battery from bike when you are away and be rest assured that no one can steal it.
Old 5th September 2013, 08:30   #3230
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by argchoff View Post
I have been following this forum regularly. I presently own a Classic 500 Nov 2011 build. I use the bike every alternate month when i am on leave at home. First year of ownership was totally trouble free. However now there is a recurrent problem with the electric starter. As soon as i press the start button, nothing happens but a clicking sound coming from somewhere between the battery and fuse box. This first happened at a very wrong time, riding through a rainy day in Lonavala when the bike engine just died. It did not self start, and also after about 400 kick start attempts. Finally people helped me to push the bike and start it that way. The service center guys could not understand what was wrong as the battery was found to be fully charged. I got the bike the next day and the service centre said it was a faulty relay and the problem had been resolved. The bike started ok for a few days, now again the same problem!!
Two weks after th
I think I know what you are going through.
Do these.

1. Open up the battery cover, remove it. If you see grey/green formation and rust decaying on battery terminals that is your culprit right there.
You will need to use warm-boil(careful not to melt plastic) water on terminals slowly, now try to open the nut.
Once open clean them with sandpaper, all of them bile wire contact, terminal, bolts and metal washers.
Now connect all of them back, and finally apply some petroleum jelly over the connection to prevent it from further rusting.

Start the bike it should be trouble free for now.

2. If first didn't work out it could be the ignition key problem. Get wd40 spray and use it in your ignition keyhole, not much but just enough, may be you can ask service center to use pressurized air to clean it first then apply wd40.

If you are lucky your problem will be solved by either of two.

If your batter is charged then its good, no worries, both battery and alternator are doing their job fine.

The whole issue is crappy Royal Enfield quality as always.

Last edited by saargoga : 5th September 2013 at 08:35.
Old 6th September 2013, 04:37   #3231
BHPian

Hi psmenon, I too had a weird type of issue for the first time. Ours is a joint family and have numerous vehicles(single owner including 4 wheelers). Fot the first time have I come across such a problem of paint fading off. In my case after 5th day I saw few spots which increased to almost 30% of the tank. Showed it to service center during 1st service. They shrugged it off saying go to the showroom from where vehicle was delivered. The next day took a leave from office and traveled down to city(Pune). The person in-charge of the showroom checked the spots and asked me to get in touch with their head office which is further 15kms away into city of Pune. On reaching there the concerned person started inquiring about the way I clean my RE, how and where do I park, are any trees around, children, and did I ever spill petrol or kerosene on the bike....Later he said this is not a company defect. At this point of time I was really annoyed and asked him if really the issue would be resolved or not and if negative then give in writing that this is not company's fault. Later after waiting for around an hour, he asked me to come back once the company engineer is available at their office. Anyways after a week I did get an appointment and came down to the service center which is 29kms. away from my house. Did have it checked and the person promised to replace the tank within 15 days. I did get it replaced in a weeks time again coming down the same distance. But now again I see some spots popping up on tank and rear mudgards. Engine polish too has gone off and it looks dull. Front forks and axle housing have some white spots which once was a shinning surface. i am not sure how long will this quality last. Worst of all, the battery overflow pipe was availabe, one of my electrician informed me while fitting new horns. When informed to the same service station, I got an idiotic reply saying that Exide batteries do not leak and if you want a pipe, purchace it across the window for 20rs. which they did not have in stock. Luckily my RE is running perfectly with good milage. (Touch wood). Its been 3100kms in 3 odd months.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Ravi View Post
No. The new tank will be factory-fresh duly packed with bubble paper. So, there is no scope for rusting.
psmenon,
I too had similar kind of issue within a weeks time and got the tank replaced within a month. Had to make several trips and convience the dealer and service station incharge. But now again have few more spots coming up or rather say paint fading off the similar way it was on previous tank.

Last edited by benbsb29 : 9th September 2013 at 05:33. Reason: Merging back-to-back posts. Plz use the Edit button if posting within 30 mins of previous post. Thanks.
Old 6th September 2013, 22:17   #3232
BHPian

Re: Issue with paint job

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHAHBAAZ View Post
psmenon,
I too had similar kind of issue within a weeks time and got the tank replaced within a month. Had to make several trips and convience the dealer and service station incharge. But now again have few more spots coming up or rather say paint fading off the similar way it was on previous tank.
i am not sure about what would be the quality of the new tank that's about to reach me, when i spoke to the service guy they told me that the new tank will be coming from the new plant and they are serious about quality
Old 6th September 2013, 23:07   #3233
BHPian

My all new Desert Storm blackout edition

As promised here are the images of the blacked out DS500. Sorry for the low clarity images. Will upload more images soon. Comments are welcome.
Attached Thumbnails
The Royal Enfield 500 Classic thread!-90.jpg  

The Royal Enfield 500 Classic thread!-75.jpg  

The Royal Enfield 500 Classic thread!-50.jpg  

The Royal Enfield 500 Classic thread!-75-1.jpg  

The Royal Enfield 500 Classic thread!-75-2.jpg  

Last edited by psmenon : 6th September 2013 at 23:25. Reason: Added more images
psmenon is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 8th September 2013, 19:45   #3234
BHPian

Can someone help me identify what these 2 open connections are supposed to be for?

This was in the box along with the ecu.

Name:  ForumRunner_20130908_194658.png
Views: 10626
Size:  326.6 KB

Last edited by Rehaan : 8th September 2013 at 21:38.
Old 9th September 2013, 14:49   #3235
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakchow View Post
Can someone help me identify what these 2 open connections are supposed to be for?

This was in the box along with the ecu.
It's the communication port for the ECU.
Randhawa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th September 2013, 16:35   #3236
BHPian

Mon amies,

I have noticed a rubber ring at the end of the long OE exhaust on some classic 500 EFIs.

Does it have a purpose or is it just cosmetic?

I was under the belief that it absorbed sound or vibrations.
Old 11th September 2013, 03:38   #3237
BHPian

Can anyone guide me in getting a specific polish so as to clean the engine cover, forks and wheel hubs. Its been 3 months from the date of purchase and these have gone dull and some white spots are visible compared to other new RE350 classics. During the time of purchase, the other Classics had glossy stuff compared to my bull kept for delivery. When I had pointed out the same, the sales guy replied that it will get cleaned during first service. Basically they are getting oxidized due to environment.
Old 11th September 2013, 17:06   #3238
Senior - BHPian

Guys,

I had posted this query long time ago and did receive good responses but now i cant find those. been almost over a yr.

My Classic 500 has developed some rusting on the leg guard and various other places. Whats the best solution? Someone had suggested some powder, but i can't recal its name or anything. I keep the bike covered during monsoons and i try to keep it clean as much as possible.

Any other suggestions to keep the bike well? polish? cream? wax?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Old 11th September 2013, 18:22   #3239
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by h@r$h@l View Post
Guys,

I had posted this query long time ago and did receive good responses but now i cant find those. been almost over a yr.

My Classic 500 has developed some rusting on the leg guard and various other places. Whats the best solution? Someone had suggested some powder, but i can't recal its name or anything. I keep the bike covered during monsoons and i try to keep it clean as much as possible.

Any other suggestions to keep the bike well? polish? cream? wax?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

What you need is 3M Finesse-it paste and nickel powder(not sure what exactly this powder content is).
Old 11th September 2013, 18:55   #3240
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randhawa View Post
What you need is 3M Finesse-it paste and nickel powder(not sure what exactly this powder content is).
Thanks a lot. Shall drop by at the 3M store tomorrow and check it out.

Also today by bikes starter has started playing up. Horn, turn lights all work but bike won't start with the starter. Will get the battery checked tomorrow.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks