Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd June 2012, 19:37   #2641
BHPian

Re: Royal Enfield 500 Classic 4100 km Ownership Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandkenkare View Post
I've fitted a german made WR8DP and I must say the difference is huge. Idling, pickup and cruising is much better. Once in a while though, there is slight misfiring still. I think I'll carry the ECU with me during my trip to India next month and shall get it remapped. I shall be visiting Goa (Panjim and Mapusa) and Kolkata. Do you know whether the dealers at either of these places are equipped to do ECU mapping ?
That slight 'misfiring' is probably due to air being sucked in from the little opening where bend pipe and exhaust meet. It is normal but if you want to fix it, you can cut a piece of metal sheet from a used can(coke can) and fix it at the opening to block air from entering the exhaust.

For the ECU mapping, I can see it on RE website that there is a authorized service center in Goa so officially RE should have the tool to remap the ecu there. You can give me a call when you reach Goa and I will help you to get your ECU remapped hassle free and free of charge. Alternatively, you can ship me your ecu to gurgaon and I will get it remapped and ship it back to you, but there is always the possibility that I might run away with your ECU.

Last edited by iron.head : 23rd June 2012 at 19:39.
iron.head is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th June 2012, 08:28   #2642
BHPian

Re: The Royal Enfield 500 Classic thread!

Thanks ironhead. Shall try out the used can solution soon.
Old 29th June 2012, 13:01   #2643
BHPian

Can somebody who has fixed a Sump Guard to a Classic 500 share some feedback / a review? does a fitment like that would further worsen the already low ground clearance? especially when traversed on bangalore's mighthy speed breakers?

And can anyone share the pune based 'Kunal Bike Works' updated phone numbers? I wish to source a sump guard from them; they seem to the only vendor where one can get a ladakh ready sump guard.

Cheers
Old 29th June 2012, 17:07   #2644
BHPian

I need to buy a rear tube 120/80 - 18 for my C500. I was told by one shop that these are not available as spares. I was told I should fit 110/90 or the likes of it.

Can anyone guide me to any store where I could buy the right size?

p.s. I had a puncture and the tube is damaged pretty bad.
Old 30th June 2012, 12:38   #2645
BHPian

I am also facing problem of misfiring on my desert storm. In have changed the primary plug to the platinum one. Now do i have to get it remapped again ? I have goldie silencer installed on it with company replacement k&n filter for classic 500. Any ideas ?
Old 1st July 2012, 00:48   #2646
Distinguished - BHPian

As I understand it, the Indian Royal Enfields at one time had a problem with the computer map. Royal Enfield created a new map to reduce the problems and offered to reprogram the computers on all of the fuel injected bikes that had been sold.

The new computer map should be installed on all of their recent production bikes and I believe this includes all of the Desert Storm models.

There is no inexpensive way to modify the computer program beyond what the factory has provided and there are no programs to "tune" the bikes for modifications made to the inlet or exhaust system.

You were not specific about how your engine is misfiring but the first thing I would look at is the connector on the spark plug wire that plugs onto the spark plug.

This connector is screwed onto the spark plug wire and occasionally it won't be making a good tight connection with the wire.

Remove the wire from the spark plug and attempt to gently rotate the connector in a clockwise direction to try to get it to "screw on" to the wire.
If it is snug, this is probably not the problem.

I know of at least one case where the individual installing a new spark plug did not realize the spark plug connector is designed to plug onto the small threaded stem at the top of the spark plug. Spark plugs often come with a removable threaded cap on top that is screwed in place.

He had left the removable cap on the sparkplug and crammed the wiring connector down on top of it.

This prevented the spark plug connector from making a positive electrical contact with the spark plugs terminal and caused massive mis-fires every time he tried to accelerate.

If your spark plug still has the cap installed use a pair of pliers to unscrew it in a counterclockwise direction. Then reinstall the spark plug wire shoving it all the way down on the threaded end.
ArizonaJim is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st July 2012, 01:03   #2647
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Invader View Post

And can anyone share the pune based 'Kunal Bike Works' updated phone numbers? I wish to source a sump guard from them; they seem to the only vendor where one can get a ladakh ready sump guard.

Cheers
The only way to contact Kunal is via email: "motocamp at yahoo.com".

I have seen the sump guard at his garage and it was made real well.

Take care.
Old 1st July 2012, 13:31   #2648
Senior - BHPian

the ecu remap issues were resolved in end 2011. All newer bikes have the updated ecu remap.

The only issue I find on my Desert Storm Classic 500 is that 5th gear is useless in the city.

And the mirrors vibrate enough to make them useless.

Last edited by devarshi84 : 1st July 2012 at 13:32.
Old 2nd July 2012, 13:48   #2649
BHPian

Guys,
I have just spoken to the Racedynamics outlet Stage-1 in Mumbai and they are offering the Powertronic plug n play box for the classic 500 at Rs 16,000. Has anybody fitted this on their classic 500? Mine is a May 2011 model and as such I am not facing any major issues with the present mapping. I want to fit this for the power boost.
Please let me know the feed back if anyone has this fitted. Is it worth the money?
Thanks,
Safe rides!
Old 2nd July 2012, 13:50   #2650
Senior - BHPian

IIRC they advertised it as a box which sorted misfiring issue when attaching an aftermarket exhaust and enhanced smoothness. Powerboost was not offered. Do check with them.
Old 3rd July 2012, 17:23   #2651
BHPian

Guys! I'm interested in selling my Classic 500. Anyone interested, please respond to the classified @ http://classifieds.team-bhp.com/buy-...or-sale/19875/
Old 11th July 2012, 18:26   #2652
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iron.head View Post
That slight 'misfiring' is probably due to air being sucked in from the little opening where bend pipe and exhaust meet. It is normal but if you want to fix it, you can cut a piece of metal sheet from a used can(coke can) and fix it at the opening to block air from entering the exhaust.

For the ECU mapping, I can see it on RE website that there is a authorized service center in Goa so officially RE should have the tool to remap the ecu there. You can give me a call when you reach Goa and I will help you to get your ECU remapped hassle free and free of charge. Alternatively, you can ship me your ecu to gurgaon and I will get it remapped and ship it back to you, but there is always the possibility that I might run away with your ECU.
I will be in Goa next week. Could you send me your number so i could give you a call and you could assist with getting my ECU remapped in Goa. I dont have an issue in shipping it to you from Goa but the problem is I will be there for just a few days after which I will be travelling east, and then back to Muscat.
Old 11th July 2012, 21:37   #2653
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandkenkare View Post
I will be in Goa next week. Could you send me your number so i could give you a call and you could assist with getting my ECU remapped in Goa. I dont have an issue in shipping it to you from Goa but the problem is I will be there for just a few days after which I will be travelling east, and then back to Muscat.
Will help you get it done in Goa. Cannot send you a PM as you are not done with the first 25 posts. I have sent my number to you via email.
iron.head is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th July 2012, 11:02   #2654
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iron.head View Post
Will help you get it done in Goa. Cannot send you a PM as you are not done with the first 25 posts. I have sent my number to you via email.
Thanks, got your email and shall give you a call next week. By the way are you with RE ?
Old 12th July 2012, 14:05   #2655
Senior - BHPian

hi all,

My c500 just abt 2 years old now and around 19 k kms, the fuel pump has given up.

Has anyone faced a similar issue ?

cheers,
ac

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks