Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st May 2012, 09:09   #2596
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Royal Enfield 500 Classic thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandkenkare View Post
Do you guys suggest I change the standard straight silencer with an original RE upswept one? Would it sound better? Any adverse effects on the engine?
RE upswept will give a better thump and will have no adverse effect on the engine morover you can search forums like the one given below to learn more about different exhausts and their pros n cons

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorb...lencer-19.html
ruchirtnt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st June 2012, 18:57   #2597
BHPian

Guys! What would be an ideal price for a November 2010 model Black Classic 500 that clocked almost 6600 kms??
Old 2nd June 2012, 09:02   #2598
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by classic86 View Post
Guys! What would be an ideal price for a November 2010 model Black Classic 500 that clocked almost 6600 kms??
IMHO it should be around 1.10 - 1.15 lacs
Old 5th June 2012, 23:06   #2599
BHPian

Hi Guys.. Looking for similar carrier box as shown in the image attached [source: internet search].

Would be good if I can get it in Bangalore/Delhi.
Attached Thumbnails
The Royal Enfield 500 Classic thread!-royalenfieldclassic500.jpg  

Old 6th June 2012, 08:55   #2600
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 500ContyCruiser View Post
Hi Guys.. Looking for similar carrier box as shown in the image attached [source: internet search].

just go through the below URL, they will help for sure

Royal Enfield Zone - Touring Kits for Royal Enfield Bullet, Electra, Machismo, Thunderbird, Standard :: Royal Enfield Zone, New Delhi, India

secondly they have a shop named as Chawla Store in karol bagh, new delhi
Old 7th June 2012, 12:39   #2601
Senior - BHPian

I am looking to change my existing DS500 handlebars, any suggestions I have shortlisted RD extended handlebar. will it comfortable for tall guys? the standard handlebar is also good but it feels to be a little dwarf while driving as compared to my TB positioning.
Old 7th June 2012, 18:59   #2602
BHPian

I am currently using full synthetic 20W50 engine oil and the ride feels great but the engine oil level seems to have fallen from Max level to Min level within a month. The bilke has clocked about 1400 Kms till date. Also while starting the engine and while switching off the engine I hear tuk-tuk kind of sound about 2 or 3 times (that is tuk-tuk-tuk). Last time I had the engine oil changed about a month back, they revved the bike pretty hard in neutral.
Old 7th June 2012, 20:36   #2603
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandkenkare View Post
... while starting the engine and while switching off the engine I hear tuk-tuk kind of sound about 2 or 3 times (that is tuk-tuk-tuk).
Guess you are not alone here.

I noticed the same in my bike (2010 UCE Electra 5s) and asked the mechanic what the problem might be. He said that is normal and does not have any effect on the engine performance. I have not noticed any problems too.

However, I request the gurus here to throw some light.
Old 7th June 2012, 23:15   #2604
Distinguished - BHPian

It might be the automatic decompression device that is making the tuk-tuk-tuk just at startup or shutdown.

This is a spring loaded cam that slightly raises the exhaust valve to ease starting and to prevent kickback as the engine stops. (That prevents electric starter sprag clutch damage).

As the engine comes up to idle speed the decompression device is supposed to retract below the exhaust cam lobe where it does nothing and it stops making noise.
Old 8th June 2012, 12:08   #2605
BHPian

What could be the reason for the engine oil level falling from max to min level in only a month? I have inspected the engine thoroughly and there does not seem to be any leak from anywhere. The exhaust also does not show any sign of oil burning (ie. no black smoke from exhaust, etc).
Old 8th June 2012, 13:12   #2606
BHPian

Check your plugs to see if you're burning oil. Checking for black smoke from the exhaust when on the center stand doesn't check if oil is being burnt and loaded high speed operation. Analyzing the plugs will be a more definitive way to see if you're burning oil.

Spark Plug Analysis
Old 8th June 2012, 13:27   #2607
BHPian

Thanks for the link. On inspection it seems my primary plug is carbon foiled. It has a dry coating of carbon on it. The bike is also misfiring at times. This morning after I slightly cleaned the plug with a cloth and rode for some time the misfiring stopped only to slightly start again after about an hour of riding. The plug is BOSCH make. Is it okay or should I use some other make?
Old 8th June 2012, 14:12   #2608
BHPian

The C500 has an issue of running rich causing carbon fouling. Search this thread for info on the Bosch WR8DP.
Old 8th June 2012, 16:00   #2609
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Sandhaya spares, JC road, Bangalore. They have two quality of these carriers. Light duty and Heavy duty, priced 1400 and 1800 respectively.

Quote:
I am looking to change my existing DS500 handlebars, any suggestions I have shortlisted RD extended handlebar. will it comfortable for tall guys? the standard handlebar is also good but it feels to be a little dwarf while driving as compared to my TB positioning.
In my experience the normal RD handle bar works much better than the Extended one. Lesser vibrations at the end, and better mirror position. With extended one, the RVMs are placed way outside and also lower, making the view a tad bit difficult.
Old 8th June 2012, 16:43   #2610
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by classic86 View Post
Hi,

I'm also in the market to sell a Classic 500 black (based in Mumbai). Happy to discuss price. If anyone or their pals are in the market for a second hand piece they can check out the T-BHP advertisement below. Its in absolute showroom condition - run less than 2000kms and regularly serviced. Thanks

http://classifieds.team-bhp.com/buy-...field/C5.html/

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks