Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th March 2012, 14:56   #2446
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: The Royal Enfield 500 Classic thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Ravi View Post
The mechanic acknowledged the problem of sticky doors of the boxes in the new bulls but not in the Desert Storm, perhaps due to usage of different paint. The mechanic opened the oval utility box with a mallet and greased the joints.
The oval utility box is generally tight and cannot be opened when the bike is new. You'll have to specifically tell the mechanics during the 1st service to grease the nuts so it can be opened with ease for future use.

I got mine done just last saturday.
mobike008 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th March 2012, 14:57   #2447
Senior - BHPian

16757 kms now done on my oct 2010 classic 500.

I am facing a strange issue now - the bike seems to be stalling on low speeds, and a lot of misfires happening from the engine.

adding to it - the gears have become harder.

the alignment of the bike has gone for a toss.

Anyone facing similar issues ?

cheers,
ac
Old 19th March 2012, 19:54   #2448
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

Can the booking done on a RE CL500 by a person be transferred to somebody else? If yes, what is the procedure to do it? I am not sure if somebody in the forum has already done it so RE buyers/guru's please let me know if it can be done now for a bike scheduled to be delivered in early-May.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by //M : 19th March 2012 at 19:58.
Old 19th March 2012, 22:47   #2449
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ac 427 View Post
16757 kms now done on my oct 2010 classic 500.

I am facing a strange issue now - the bike seems to be stalling on low speeds, and a lot of misfires happening from the engine.
ac
To rule one possibility out, please check the voltage of your battery. A fully charged battery should be above 12V to be in a reasonably healthy state of charge.

When my voltage drops below, say, 11.7 volts I start facing the issues you mentioned.
Old 20th March 2012, 00:51   #2450
Senior - BHPian

I just got my battery replaced and my bike has stalled a couple of times specifically after the battery change.

As per my knowledge the ECU resets itself. Gotta check with the service guys.

Last edited by devarshi84 : 20th March 2012 at 00:52.
Old 22nd March 2012, 13:26   #2451
BHPian

Well, finally my Thump is here! Took delivery of my CL500 last evening and got back home with an ecstatic feeling. My 3 year old son was waiting to see the bike and ran down the stairs the moment he heard the thump! More in a separate ownership thread that I plan to write with pics of course
Old 22nd March 2012, 14:10   #2452
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by si1ver0ne View Post
Well, finally my Thump is here! Took delivery of my CL500 last evening and got back home with an ecstatic feeling. My 3 year old son was waiting to see the bike and ran down the stairs the moment he heard the thump! More in a separate ownership thread that I plan to write with pics of course
many congrats for the CL500, may you have many miles to go
which color you opted for
ruchirtnt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2012, 14:44   #2453
BANNED

Great news si1verone, how long was your wait. And since the prices have now gone up what was your onroad price? Please dont forget to post the pics.
zaks is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2012, 12:25   #2454
BHPian

Guys! I'm having some battery/self start issues. I need some professional help.

At first, the MIL light was glowing intermittently while starting the engine. Hence, told RE service guys to do a dry charging. After the service, the guy told everything is okay. But in two days, the issue started again. However, the MIL light was glowing only during the 1st start. Now, decided to get the battery checked at Exide service centre. The guy said battery is little problematic (forgot the technical word he used-probably something related to damaged valves/bushes or something). After getting the battery charged, now the neutral light is not glowing, electric start is not working. I'm using the kick rod to get the bike started. My only doubt is that the battery, self start were working before taking it to the exide service centre. Wonder what happened there!

So, is getting a new battery the only solution or is there a new problem? If a new battery is the solution, which one should I get?
Old 23rd March 2012, 19:46   #2455
BHPian

Hello Folks, I have a couple of questions.
1. has anyone tried an HID on C5, is there a direct bolt on available somewhere
2. I am looking for a nice bass thump (like the ones on CI 500 short bottle silencers), Do not seem to like the note of Megaphone or the Goldstar replica. Any recommendations, also what are the implications on the engine considering Indian models do not have the lambda sensors..
Old 23rd March 2012, 20:28   #2456
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cogentr View Post
1. has anyone tried an HID on C5, is there a direct bolt on available ..
I heard HID will drain the battery easily. I'm in the process of getting a brighter headlight too. Instead, I'm planning for an upgrade to 90/100w lighting with a relay. Philips Essential vision/ Osram Night breaker.

Hope our C5's can afford 90/100W.. I'm scared for battery draining issue though..
Old 23rd March 2012, 21:57   #2457
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aruncheloor View Post
I heard HID will drain the battery easily.
Well I am under the impression, xenon HIDs consume 25% less power than the standard filament bulbs, correct me if I am wrong.
A 100/90 may not be battery draining, the alternator is a beefy one in C5 and can handle additional 2x55w Halogens, I am told.

Last edited by cogentr : 23rd March 2012 at 22:04.
Old 24th March 2012, 09:40   #2458
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aruncheloor View Post
I heard HID will drain the battery easily.
You heard wrong. HID bulbs are typically 35W. In any arithmetic, 35W is a lower power consumption than a 90W halogen. That, and the fact that a HID bulb lasts longer than a halogen since it has no filament to burn out and gives out a superior luminance is what makes HIDs popular.

Last edited by theMAG : 24th March 2012 at 09:44.
Old 24th March 2012, 10:10   #2459
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theMAG View Post
You heard wrong. HID bulbs are typically 35W. In any arithmetic, 35W is a lower power consumption than a 90W halogen. That, and the fact that a HID bulb lasts longer than a halogen since it has no filament to burn out and gives out a superior luminance is what makes HIDs popular.

Yup. In theory, it sounds great.But in actual road conditions, i've heard a lot of horror stories of battery draining out easily. No idea why this is happening though. May be because of the poor quality Chinese kits. And our RE C5s are supposed to be started with the thumb only.
Old 24th March 2012, 10:47   #2460
Distinguished - BHPian

Most of the HID bulbs have a single light source so they are not set up for a High beam/Low beam.

As it takes some time for the bulb to reach full intensity it is not practical to have both a high beam and low beam built into the bulb.

A few headlights are set up to use either a separate bulb for the high beam or they use a fairly complex system of changing the direction of the lights beam.

In a compact place like the headlight of a motorcycle there is not always enough room for either two bulbs or for the refocusing system used.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks