Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th January 2012, 13:01   #2356
BHPian

Re: The Royal Enfield 500 Classic thread!

@ruchirtnt.
The C5 with the new low handlebar has not proved to be as comfortable as would have liked by tall owners. Most of them have opted for electra handlebars for more comfort and more upright posture. The electra handlebar gives u numerous sitting positions also.
You should take the stock handlebars for a test of around 25 km continuous before deciding on changing. The torso structure of riders are different and some may even like the forward leaning position of the stock handlebar.

And congrats for UR lion. (no bull )
Old 6th February 2012, 21:47   #2357

Where is Randhawa these days he is not on this thread?? paging mr Randhawa for some technical advise on Classic 500.. if anyone knows how to get in touch with him then please do let me know..
Old 6th February 2012, 22:08   #2358
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRDESAI3 View Post
Where is Randhawa these days he is not on this thread?? paging mr Randhawa for some technical advise on Classic 500.. if anyone knows how to get in touch with him then please do let me know..
Hi Sir,
Welcome to team bhp.
AFAIK-he sold his bike and relocated-hence the absence from this thread
akshay4587 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th February 2012, 22:22   #2359

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay4587 View Post
Hi Sir,
Welcome to team bhp.
AFAIK-he sold his bike and relocated-hence the absence from this thread
thanks buddy he truly was a master in classic 500.
Old 7th February 2012, 17:48   #2360
BHPian

He was spotted in RM2012.
Old 7th February 2012, 19:43   #2361

Quote:
Originally Posted by anupkrverma View Post
He was spotted in RM2012.
but does anyone know his contact details etc so that one can consult him over a few issues about the classic 500. he has kind of done a PHD on the bike
Old 7th February 2012, 20:04   #2362
BHPian

I believe nasirkaka has the details. if u go through the thread u will find discussing him with someone about texting and meeting at the RE showroom in Chennai. Go through all posts of Randhawa and u will find the person.
Old 7th February 2012, 22:52   #2363
BHPian

Quote:
but does anyone know his contact details etc so that one can consult him over a few issues about the classic 500. he has kind of done a PHD on the bike
Hi Srdesai

I am in touch with Randhawa and you can post your query here and I will get back with his response on it. I recommend you to go through the entire thread as almost everything has been answered already.
iron.head is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th February 2012, 22:59   #2364
BHPian

And why dont u post ur problems here SRDESAI3. We have some real knowledgeable guys like ARIZONAJIM,and Nasirkaka.
anupkrverma is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th February 2012, 10:43   #2365
BHPian

Hi Guys,

My DS got finally delivered on 1st Feb, 2012 (i booked the same on 29th Sept '11). It is a 2012 model and it costed Rs. 5600 more that the Dec'11 model.

I have been enlighted quite a bit reading this thread and has also assisted in making my decision - what to expect and what not to; my expectations were set more or less.

I was one of those eager people who were waiting for the Duke >200 bikes however the suspense on its launch date killed my desire; however i have nothing to complain as I have owned an Electra 4 gear before and my logical upgrade was either a RE or something else (Honda CBR 250 / a financed HD Sporster Iron).

Coming to my DS - I love the feel and ride of the bike and my observations are more or less similar to the other ownership reviews which are in TBHP.

Need Help:
1. My bike front fork vibrates quite a bit and even with a mild revving i hear a 'khat khat' noise; I have inspected the entire fork inch by inch but i did not find anything loose; no metal to metal contact - got it immediately checked by the service centre guys however they could not notice it!! - any thoughts are welcome as I wish to head back to the service centre once again and I can request the technicial to focus on your inouts.
2. Unlike diesel turbo cars can I switch-off the bike's engine immediately after a long ride OR is it advisible to idle the engine for few sec before we switch it off?
3. Have read it in another thread in TBHP about the merits of a Diamond crash bar vs a Airfly - like the design of the Airfly however have read that this might lock the legs of the rider during certain accidents - please share your thoughts.
4. Have read / hear / seen about handlebar anti-vibration kits (handlebar weights); has anybody used them; any reviews about thier effectiveness?

Thanks - You Guys Rock
Old 8th February 2012, 13:27   #2366
BHPian

@invader
congratulations and welcome to the club.
As for the forks, you may want to check the oil levels.
can u post pic/link for the handle bar anti-vibration kits.???
At the auto expo I saw body colored crash guards. Have posted pics some pages back. Check wether available with the showroom. Not in Delhi.

some questions
Is the paint of DS having a solid matte feeling. ??? Mine was pathetic.
Old 8th February 2012, 14:45   #2367

@Invader..
I also would be interested in knowing about the handle bar vibration kits. Also if anyone has any knowhow about where to buy rear view mirrors that fit on the sides of the handle, would really like to know that. I am bulky and broad shoulders and most of the stock mirrors i can only see my shoulders. Even with adjustments i can only see one rear view the other is blocked, has anyone else come across this problem??
Old 8th February 2012, 17:06   #2368
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anupkrverma View Post
@invader
congratulations and welcome to the club.
As for the forks, you may want to check the oil levels.
can u post pic/link for the handle bar anti-vibration kits.???
At the auto expo I saw body colored crash guards. Have posted pics some pages back. Check wether available with the showroom. Not in Delhi.

some questions
Is the paint of DS having a solid matte feeling. ??? Mine was pathetic.
Thanks!! will check the front fork oil levels.

Check out this one - Vibranator.com
and there are several handlebar inserts in the market; however not sure thier effectiveness nor the physics behind them. Guess a pair would cost some USD$ 99.00.

With respect to the color of my bike - it is more of a dull finish than a matt; I liked the color because of its understated / camouflaged / restored classic look of the bike.
Old 8th February 2012, 17:25   #2369
BHPian

In the review of zigwheels, Darukhanawala states that the vibrations may be considered as some massage to the male macho ego..
So, i guess I wont need a vibranator one.. The name is twisted .. Damn it.

Last edited by anupkrverma : 8th February 2012 at 17:26.
Old 8th February 2012, 18:59   #2370
BHPian

Quote:
@Invader..
I am bulky and broad shoulders and most of the stock mirrors i can only see my shoulders. Even with adjustments i can only see one rear view the other is blocked, has anyone else come across this problem??
I had the same problem.

1. Ensure that the mirror stalks are turned to the same angle with respect to the handle.
2. If you are unable to turn the actual mirror beyond a certain point, rotate it and it should become more adjustable in the desired direction.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks